oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

What impresses me is that there seems a determination from the powers that be that Boro are not going into the season just to make up the numbers and be relegation cannon fodder but to do much more than that.

I fully expect some ruthless action in terms of departures that many will be shocked and surprised about.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The signing thus far have been superb, absolutely top notch. The only thing that concerns me is that we have only really strengthened areas that we were pretty strong in already.

For this summer to be a success we definitely need, I'd say, 3/4 other top quality players. ST LW/RW RB and maybe another CAM that's young with bags of potential

So there's suggestions that Valdes turned down Guardiola and City in order to come to the Boro... The lad obviously wants to be First Choice and prove he can be a success in England. The hunger and the desire are certainly there!

Some really good signings made already, glad that it is still early in july, they should be used to the system by the time the season starts, would be happy if we went for someone like glen Johnson at right back, proven premier league and would do for a year or 2. it is going to cost a decent whack for a centre forward so not spending loads on a right back would be good

Keep Johnson the hell away from this team please. Constantly runs forward but with little end product, and leaves wide open holes at the back. I get that he is probably better than Nsue technically, but I would be very disappointed if we signed him. I used to tear my hair out watching him in an England shirt.

Edit: I think I'd prefer Janmaat even.

So there's suggestions that Valdes turned down Guardiola and City in order to come to the Boro... The lad obviously wants to be First Choice and prove he can be a success in England. The hunger and the desire are certainly there!

yes i like that, he wants to play(unlike given). i'd imagine he hated being at man utd. a lad like him who was first choice at barca for donkeys years. to then sign for manure who were selling de gea. then de gea deal to real fell through and hes in the wilderness for the first time. AK knows his character, all the spanish/la liga lads will be very very happy with him signing. mejias will probably have idolised the likes of valdes a few years ago.

Btw, when I'm on the computer and try to reply to a post I get a pop-up in the "post subject" that I have to type 85 or less characters. Never had that before and there is no problem via phone. Does anyone else get that, when they reply via computer?

All I will say is Steve Gibson you never ever let us boro fans down!

Gordon Strachan and the transfer policy at the time

The ticket pricing structure for the new season

Btw, when I'm on the computer and try to reply to a post I get a pop-up in the "post subject" that I have to type 85 or less characters. Never had that before and there is no problem via phone. Does anyone else get that, when they reply via computer?

Had it before on vBulletin forums - it's because replies automatically put "RE: " in the post subject, adding 4 characters to the length. If the original thread title is 82 characters or more it can cause issues when you post.

Edit: Don't get why it's fine on mobile though.

Does anyone think we are closer to signing Subotic than suggested in some media outlets?

Yeah, the story was leaking yesterday that we were interested but for the Gazette to say 'poised to sign' and reveal it just after us announcing Valdes makes it seem close. We must have been speaking to Dortmund for a bit and their language was that he was released from training to travel and talk to a potential new club - that also doesn't happen unless preliminary talks have happened between the buying club and the players agent.

It would be a massive signing, especially so since the Ayala contract seems to be dragging. Really want this one to happen and hope someone doesn't jump in last minute, like Liverpool since they are letting Skrtel leave and will need replacements.

Had it before on vBulletin forums - it's because replies automatically put "RE: " in the post subject, adding 4 characters to the length. If the original thread title is 82 characters or more it can cause issues when you post.

Edit: Don't get why it's fine on mobile though.

I thought that was probably where the problem was, but wanted to check if anyone else had that problem. Guess the only way around it, is to remove the "RE: " when the thread title is so long. It's a different setup on mobile though that doesn't include the "post subject" line so that's probably why it's different on there