oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

i doubt we'd sign another striker from that league. we have spent 13 million on strikers this season, not even including stuani. buying another 12million no hoper from a league weaker than the championship would be insane. alves mk2.

Benteke and Lukaku came from the same league.

I would argue they weren't 27. Therefore they were dined on potential.

Loads of players have been signed not based on potential from that league but at younger ages than 27.

For a player based in a common league to get to this stage and not have interest from abroad, in this day and age of 'extensive scouting', I would say he can't be that prolific or display many desirable traits for top teams.

Obviously all that could be meaningless and we sign a player who turns out to be bloody unbelievable but somehow I just can't think that...

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i doubt we'd sign another striker from that league. we have spent 13 million on strikers this season, not even including stuani. buying another 12million no hoper from a league weaker than the championship would be insane. alves mk2.

Benteke and Lukaku came from the same league.

I would argue they weren't 27. Therefore they were dined on potential.

Loads of players have been signed not based on potential from that league but at younger ages than 27.

For a player based in a common league to get to this stage and not have interest from abroad, in this day and age of 'extensive scouting', I would say he can't be that prolific or display many desirable traits for top teams.

Obviously all that could be meaningless and we sign a player who turns out to be bloody unbelievable but somehow I just can't think that...

benteke signed for villa aged 22 for 6million. not aged 27 for 12 million. lukaku was just an 18 yo kid when chelsea signed him for 16million.

i think that backs up your theory on signing potential spot on really. to sign a guy at 27 fro the league who isnt even as good as vossen for 12million. comical amounts probably a lad of rubbish.

The sun have us linked with Wayne Hennessey. I think a new keeper needs to be our number 1 target but we can do much better than Hennessey. Wonder if Mejias will get his chance at some point

The sun have us linked with Wayne Hennessey. I think a new keeper needs to be our number 1 target but we can do much better than Hennessey. Wonder if Mejias will get his chance at some point

I would love for us to sign Westwood from Sheff Wed! Cracking keeper and still young enough aswell

If by some curious run of results over the next 7 days Burnley never made it up in the automatics and were then subsequently knocked out of the play-offs, I'd take Tom Heaton off their hands without a doubt. I'm sure he'd be the most expensive one available to us who might join us (in that particular circumstance, of course) but I'd have him over Hennessey and Westwood every day of the week.

Yeah the transfer window opens on July 1st.

Heaton is a decent shout Wilson but things are so up in the air at the moment that I wouldn't pay too much attention to rumours right now. We don't know what division we'll be in for starters and I still think Karanka's future is uncertain whatever happens. One way or another thought I expect this to be a really busy summer.

Yeah the transfer window opens on July 1st.

"Although, in England, the transfer window formally opens on 1 July, transfers between clubs in the same association can take place as soon as the last competitive fixtures for the season have been played. However, many transfers will not be completed until 1 July because many players' contracts expire on 30 June. International transfers cannot be made until the window has opened on 1 July."

We've definitely made non-Bosman transfers before 1st July in the past. I'm fairly certain Yakubu was one of them.

I don't know mate. I checked on Yakubu and although we agreed the deal to sign him in May it was with a view to the transfer taking place on July 1st according to a newspaper article. Is it possible the signings we made that you are thinking of were before the transfer window was introduced?

If we limit things to the uk then players contracts run until the end of June. A players registration cannot in normal circumstances change clubs until 1st July.

When you hear that someone's signed it normally means a contract that comes into effect from 1st July. In the mean time they continue to be paid by essentially the old club.

Insurance policies etc also run on the same terms. In 99.99% of the cases the player in unable to play for the new club (or train) until 1st July.