oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

I wonder when an announcement will be made about Woogate's retirement and being kept on in some form in the backroom staff. His experience in the dressing room will still be a big benefit to us.

I reckon he'll make a 'farewell' appearance in a pre-season game, maybe the one at the Riverside we usually play the week before the season starts.

Would be great for us to give a small club a nice boost, and it be one of Woody's old clubs so I suggest Newcastle United

Haha. Can you imagine that. Invite Leeds or Newcastle and after the match announce that all profits will go to them

No thanks, I'll take Real Madrid at the Riverside.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Championship club will surely come in for Carayol. He's played for 4 of them now so he's starting to run out of options. I can imagine a club like Wolves or Nottingham Forest being the next notch on his bedpost. He's in the last year of his contract so he'll surely be sold this transfer window as he has no future here. Our promotion would have triggered a small wage rise so that would slightly lower the fee we would potentially receive but we'll still make a profit on him.

I wonder when an announcement will be made about Woogate's retirement and being kept on in some form in the backroom staff. His experience in the dressing room will still be a big benefit to us.

Wouldnt bank on it, he is awful. not made any impression at any of the championship clubs he has played for

Yeah, I agree with you on this one James. Carayol really hasn't been consistently good wherever we've sent him. Forest have had a long-standing interest in him but it depends how they view his recent seasons and how their managerial situation affects incoming players whether they maintain that interest.

I can definitely see him struggling to find a Championship club now.

He's like Wildschut but with a bad attitude. Think league 1 is his level. Nowt wrong with that tho. H could still earn 60-80k a year

A Championship club will surely come in for Carayol. He's played for 4 of them now so he's starting to run out of options. I can imagine a club like Wolves or Nottingham Forest being the next notch on his bedpost. He's in the last year of his contract so he'll surely be sold this transfer window as he has no future here. Our promotion would have triggered a small wage rise so that would slightly lower the fee we would potentially receive but we'll still make a profit on him.

Wouldnt bank on it, he is awful. not made any impression at any of the championship clubs he has played for

Yeah, I agree with you on this one James. Carayol really hasn't been consistently good wherever we've sent him. Forest have had a long-standing interest in him but it depends how they view his recent seasons and how their managerial situation affects incoming players whether they maintain that interest.

I can definitely see him struggling to find a Championship club now.

He's like Wildschut but with a bad attitude. Think league 1 is his level. Nowt wrong with that tho. H could still earn 60-80k a year

Yeah can see his attitude putting off a few clubs too, dropping down to league 1 could restart his career, just look at Wildschut. Really cant see him wanting to do that though

Our defence is very thin at the moment with just Nsue, Ayala, Gibson, Baptise, Fry, Friend and Husband under contract, with Husband and Fry possibly leaving on loan for regular football and Baptiste didn't particularly impress at League 1 level so might be out on loan again, so we're going to need to get in plenty of back up defenders that don't cost a fortune, preferably with Premier League experience, but again, that doesn't come cheap. For RB I think we need a bigger and stronger player than Nsue, so probably a first choice RB that will most likely cost a fair bit of money. At CB we need physical CB's in the mold of Ayala and Gibson. At LB we need some good competition for Friend. So at least 1 RB, 1 or 2 CB's and a LB. Husband is good competition for Friend but it won't do his development any good being sat on a bench for the majority of a season. We might have to spend a decent sized fee on a RB or another good quality CB but there'll surely be a few basic signings as not every signing is going to be exciting. We will have to sign a few players that are happy to be a bit part player. Signing Kalas will help us with that but I think he'll want to get first team football elsewhere.

He's already been mentioned on this thread, but we could do alot worse than Dom Iorfa from Wolves, would probably cost us 4m+ but he has a mass of potential having already trained with the full England squad at only 20, he's a big unit and is also quick. Can play RB and CB so versatile too.

Yeah I mentioned him a few days ago. His physicality and athleticism would add a lot to us. Our whole defence needs to be big and powerful to cope in the Premier League. He'd be good enough for now but will continue to get better with more game time. The aerial power of a back 4 of Aorfa, Ayala, Gibson and Friend would be very impressive. It's Tony Pulis like height and physicality but with the added athleticism from the fullbacks to get forward. Nsue has done good for us but I think his weaknesses will be exposed in the Premier League is he plays as our first choice RB. I think we'll probably go for a bit more experience with someone like Arbeloa though.

Kalas will want, and would be better off having, a first team place guaranteed. We can't offer him that. I'd love to have him here as a squad player, but there's many other clubs who could offer him more playing time.

On Carayol - I can see a newly promoted side like Burton or, if they win the play-offs, Walsall taking him on. A game changing player can be the difference to a side staying up, and he'd be he centre of attention - which he obviously enjoys.

Rubén Neves - the Porto lad? Not a chance...

Today's link courtesy of Twitter - Rubén Neves.

It's come from a random rumour generator on Twitter. The same account has Thomas mueller going to Seattle so unders and Mauro Icardi going to Cardiff city.

How would everyone feel about an older player - eg. Tomas Rosicky - as a player-coach? Reckon he'll make a fantastic manager one day, and could still do a job on the pitch if required. Predominantly a squad player, but very versatile and can still pick out a killer ball. We need experienced heads, even if mainly on the training pitch, and someone like Rosicky would be a great mentor to our younger players.

Think that depends on what the coaching staff thinks they've gained from Woodgates presence. If it has helped our young defense throughly the season the I can see us bringing in someone else in a different area and you could do worse than Rosicky - just not as someone who should play a lot.

How would everyone feel about an older player - eg. Tomas Rosicky - as a player-coach? Reckon he'll make a fantastic manager one day, and could still do a job on the pitch if required. Predominantly a squad player, but very versatile and can still pick out a killer ball. We need experienced heads, even if mainly on the training pitch, and someone like Rosicky would be a great mentor to our younger players.

Injury prone and his wage demands will be ridiculous.

As I said KM, less as an influence on the pitch - more as an influence off it. And for a player-coach, his wage demands wouldn't be those he's used to as a player at ***nal.

BD makes some good points; Karanka does seem to like ex-pros in his coaching team, too.