oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Regardless of budget restrictions , we need a proven goalscorer at PL level as an absolute priority for success in the PL.

Regardless of budget restrictions? How can we make any signing regardless of budget restrictions?

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just been thinking, we need to sign a proven Prem striker who we know will guarantee us goals in the Prem. Rhodes is untested in the Prem, as is Stuani, Nugent has predominantly played in the football league. So any names?

We won't get a striker already proven in the premier league on our budget IMO.

We will get what AK wants. Just think Stuani last summer. Amazing deal. There will be plenty like that this summer. Maybe not Prem proven but certainly proven quality in a top league.

I completely agree with that, my point was that we almost definitely, in my opinion, won't be able to get/afford a Prem proven striker.

Just been thinking, we need to sign a proven Prem striker who we know will guarantee us goals in the Prem. Rhodes is untested in the Prem, as is Stuani, Nugent has predominantly played in the football league. So any names?

We will get what AK wants. Just think Stuani last summer. Amazing deal. There will be plenty like that this summer. Maybe not Prem proven but certainly proven quality in a top league.

I completely agree with that, my point was that we almost definitely, in my opinion, won't be able to get/afford a Prem proven striker.

Regardless of what my opinion would be on him signing, if they really wanted a Prem proven striker they could probably get Lambert on a reasonable deal

Wtf why do people go on as if we're gonna be scraping the barrel? Our budget will be plenty big enough to get a proven striker, don't get this mindset at all.

Which premier league proven striker do you think we can afford and the team will be willing to let go?

I'm also not going on as if we're going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel. Premier League proven strikers don't come cheap and their clubs don't want to sell them.

Papis cisse

Jordan ayew

Gomis

Benteke

Berahino

Ayoze Perez

Andy carol

Tbh I wouldn't want 90% of them but they're all proven (apart from maybe ayew who I just think is good) and we could afford all of them.

Other than Benteke and Berahino, how are the rest proven?

Carroll can't stay fit long enough to make any kind of real impact. Cisse has gone badly off the boil after his first season at Newcastle and I wouldn't spend a penny on him. In every game I've seen Ayew play he's had a lot of chances and not converted them, their game against Chelsea recently comes to mind, if they'd had a decent striker they would've got something out of that game. Gomis has managed only 13 goals in 63 league appearances over two seasons for Swansea, if that's proven for you then that's fine, it isn't to me. I've said I would like us to have a look at Perez, but he isn't a proven premier league striker by any definition.

Regardless of what my opinion would be on him signing, if they really wanted a Prem proven striker they could probably get Lambert on a reasonable deal

Yeh we could, I think Prem proven can be interpreted in a few different ways. Lambert has just spent a whole season at West Brom and barely got a game, so I'd say he is no longer a 'Prem proven' striker any more than le tiss or Shearer are.

I agree that we're a more attractive prospect to players than a fair few teams in this league. Namely Bournemouth, Burnely, West Brom, and to a certain extent Stoke and the small London teams such as Palace and Watford and unless Shef Wed were to come up we'd be a more attractive prospect than any of the teams in the play-offs.

I agree that we're a more attractive prospect to players than a fair few teams in this league. Namely Bournemouth, Burnely, West Brom, and to a certain extent Stoke and the small London teams such as Palace and Watford and unless Shef Wed were to come up we'd be a more attractive prospect than any of the teams in the play-offs.

I'm curious as to why we would be more attractive? It's not like our style of football is wildly exciting to watch..

I'm curious as to why we would be more attractive? It's not like our style of football is wildly exciting to watch..

I mean it's all down to my opinion but I'm just trying to put myself in the shoes of the prospective player, would I want to play for West Brom or Burnley in an old crappy little stadium or even Sunderland where I'd end up fighting a relegation battle. I know we ourselves might end up in a relegation battle but if I was looking at Middlesbrough as a player I'd be looking at what they did when they were last in the Prem; we reached a EUFA Cup final and I'd see us as a club with ambition that has the potential to go places.

The only thing Palace and Watford have going for them is their location but they're not big clubs, I'm pretty sure they both didn't even sell their allocations for the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley which is literally round the corner for both of them.

Papis cisse - absolute garbage

Jordan ayew - winger at swansea, his brother jonathan might be a possibility.

Gomis - hes finished on the downward slope, has gotten worse as the season went on.

Benteke - 100k a week for him +10/15mill free, bork.

Berahino - massive bellwiff, steer clear.

Ayoze Perez - nice player but not a lone striker, prefer rhodes and nuge.

Andy carol - hes a beast in the air and a trier but never fit. massive wage and big fee, not worth it.

IMO we are better off looking to sign creators. because strikers who finish most chances are 25mill+ we need to create more to get the goals we need.

Wingers, attacking midfielders and No10's we should be looking at.

Andrija Živković(RW/LW)- all the big clubs are looking at him cant find any confirmed deals yet (serbian messi) looks bloody good for a 19yo.

Gomis - hes finished on the downward slope, has gotten worse as the season went on.

Andy carol - hes a beast in the air and a trier but never fit. massive wage and big fee, not worth it.

IMO we are better off looking to sign creators. because strikers who finish most chances are 25mill+ we need to create more to get the goals we need.

Andrija Živković(RW/LW)- all the big clubs are looking at him cant find any confirmed deals yet (serbian messi) looks bloody good for a 19yo.

Jordan Ayew is a striker who plays for Villa. Andre Ayew is the winger at Swansea.

Speaking of Andre Ayew, I'd take him for our left wing position, only problem is I'm sure I read somewhere he's on 100k per week at Swansea.

Zivkovic is the biggest talent on FM this season. Out of contract too. Could be a huge signing for the future. Yes I'm basing it on FM but they usually get the biggest talents right.

Wtf why do people go on as if we're gonna be scraping the barrel? Our budget will be plenty big enough to get a proven striker, don't get this mindset at all.

Which premier league proven striker do you think we can afford and the team will be willing to let go?

I'm also not going on as if we're going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel. Premier League proven strikers don't come cheap and their clubs don't want to sell them.

Papis cisse

Jordan ayew

Gomis

Benteke

Berahino

Ayoze Perez

Andy carol

Tbh I wouldn't want 90% of them but they're all proven (apart from maybe ayew who I just think is good) and we could afford all of them.

Bentekes berahinho and carol would never come to us. They will have offers from top half teams

Jordan Ayew is a striker who plays for Villa. Andre Ayew is the winger at Swansea.

Speaking of Andre Ayew, I'd take him for our left wing position, only problem is I'm sure I read somewhere he's on 100k per week at Swansea.

how did i come up with jonathan ayew. i'm in a muddle with them brothers lol