oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

I rekon he's off, just a guy feeling about it.

He has turned down 2 contract offers I've been told.

He's had one this summer, he's not signing it and as it is we're not offering him a new one

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like he is off then. Either that or sitting on the bench here which won't help him. Can't see a better team than us being in for him so it's either a sideways step for him or back into the championship. Wonder if he expects to be a*** the top earners, despite only having championship experience.

I rekon he's off, just a guy feeling about it.

He has turned down 2 contract offers I've been told.

He's had one this summer, he's not signing it and as it is we're not offering him a new one

has there been any offers for him?

From the outside looking in though, wouldnt you surely want to give Ayala a raise in his contract? He was a standout performer for us in the last few seasons. I doubt he is asking for earth shattering amounts so it baffles me how we wont reach an agreement.

I appreciate that no one is bigger than the club etc, but it seems funny how they are so far away on a figure of what he's worth in his contract. For Ayala, he must look at the likes of Downing, who didnt play that great last season earn more than him?

Im not normally one to priase greedy footballers, but its not like Ayala hasnt earned it. That being said, if he chose not to play with his 'injury' then fair enough, show him the door.

From the outside looking in though, wouldnt you surely want to give Ayala a raise in his contract? He was a standout performer for us in the last few seasons. I doubt he is asking for earth shattering amounts so it baffles me how we wont reach an agreement.

I appreciate that no one is bigger than the club etc, but it seems funny how they are so far away on a figure of what he's worth in his contract. For Ayala, he must look at the likes of Downing, who didnt play that great last season earn more than him?

Im not normally one to priase greedy footballers, but its not like Ayala hasnt earned it. That being said, if he chose not to play with his 'injury' then fair enough, show him the door.

We probably did offer him a raise, all we know is he rejected it not why he rejected it.

But you can't compare someone who is only proven in the championship with someone who is very proven in the Premiership. He should be on par with players like Friend and Clayton and I doubt we have offered him less. Once proven in the Prem he can ask for a pay raise.

In that case we're going to need another CB. We can't go into the new season with Subotic, Gibbo, Espinosa who is still recovering from injury and Baptiste.

We probably did offer him a raise, all we know is he rejected it not why he rejected it.

It's a bit of a worry that a player of Ayala's standing within the club, is possibly on the move, after a successful promotion season. 

There seems to be this attitude floating about that all this Premier League 

money will enable the us to bring another journeyman and that's that problem solved, or is it?

Whatever the problems are with Ayala the club should be busting their guts to solve them.