• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who does everyone think needs moving on, I think Forshaw/De Sart, Husband, Baptiste, Carayol and De Pena. No room for them in the squad sadly.

Not a chance, big things expected of him this season. Will be pushing for a regular start before too long :cool:

Newcastle have inquired about Nugent and are monitoring Ayala

Grant Leadbitter, Adam Forshaw, Albert Adomah, Muzzy Carayol & Adam Reach are possible targets for other teams

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-fc-fringe-figures-demand-11619798

Let's play the Geordie's at their own game.

Sissoko £35mil asking price

Wjnandum £26mil asking price

Ayala & Nugent £20mil asking price

Newcastle have inquired about Nugent and are monitoring Ayala

Grant Leadbitter, Adam Forshaw, Albert Adomah, Muzzy Carayol & Adam Reach are possible targets for other teams

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-fc-fringe-figures-demand-11619798

Let's play the Geordie's at their own game.

Sissoko £35mil asking price

Wjnandum £26mil asking price

Ayala & Nugent £20mil asking price

Each

Who does everyone think needs moving on, I think Forshaw/De Sart, Husband, Baptiste, Carayol and De Pena. No room for them in the squad sadly.

Not a chance, big things expected of him this season. Will be pushing for a regular start before too long :cool:

Id keep him around but i think one of the midfielders needs to go, depending on leadbitters hernia

I wonder who's gonna get number the number 9, 10 and 11 shirts.

My guess is:

#9 Rhodes - I thought he'd be taking the #11 last season but he went for the #9

#10 Negredo - Will surely be within either of 9 or 10

#11 Ramirez - It's the number he did want when he joined us, but due to Carayol's registration, opted for #21. Could have potentially played a part in Rhodes' number choice too but I think Rhodes chose #9.

Id keep him around but i think one of the midfielders needs to go, depending on leadbitters hernia

Forshaw most likely to go championship teams will know him having seen him play last year de sart is unproven Wednesday would be good for him

Forshaw most likely to go championship teams will know him having seen him play last year de sart is unproven Wednesday would be good for him

De Sart won't go anywhere, the club like him to much.

So I've just heard that Liverpool made a late attempt to steal Subotic from us after Joe Gomez got injured, but of course they failed as we've already agreed the contract and applied for his work permit.

They can do one

OP Updated. Latest commentary below:

-------

Articles of the moment: 'Middlesbrough FC won't just break their transfer record, they will shatter it' and 'Middlesbrough FC 'fringe figures' are in demand, but not for sale - yet'

Well, well, well. Who saw this coming? Purely on the calibre of player that Boro are bringing in, what an incredible window this has been for the club so far! Boro are signing players left, right and centre at the moment! The club look set to add the Valencia duo of Negredo (loan), Barragan, Dortmund's Subotic and former loanee Gastón to the already confirmed Fischer, Espinosa, de Roon and Valdes!

Some of the singings Boro are making wouldn't look out of place for an upper mid table club, let alone a newly promoted team! The monetary outgoings for what we are getting in also seem to be extremely well thought through, with the club looking to maintain a tight grip on wages (a reported £60k per week self imposed limit) and expenditure. All in all, what a time to be a Boro fan!

More in-depth analysis:

After Boro were rumoured to have pulled out of the chase to sign Ramirez the fan favourite, pending the pesky work permit regulations and international clearance, looks set to sign for Boro after his contract with Soton expired and the mystery that was the 'Peñarol situation' was sorted out. Gastón does not qualify for a work permit in the UK but this is expected to be overturned upon appeal. However, the process regarding this is anything but clear. Some sources claim we have cancelled the Peñarol contract, others claim Gastón is signing for Peñarol to immediately swap to Boro and there are a few people who claim his work permit has already been turned down. The long and short of it all is we really have no idea whats going on and we will just have to wait patiently and trust in those much more well versed on the matter than ourselves to get the job done!

With Thomas Meunier and Aissa Mandi signing for PSG and Real Betis respectively, Boro's pursuit of a RB looked set to be a long affair. However, Antonio Barragan's name has shot to the spotlight and Boro are set to announce the signing of the Spanish RB after he flew to the UK yesterday for a medical.

Elsewhere, it's suddenly heated up on the striker front. With Boro distancing themselves from links to Robin Van Persie, who was at one point both in Turkey and Middeslbrough, a***st others, Boro look set to announce the season loan signing of Negredo imminently. The club also seem to have continued interest in Khouma Babacar and tenious links to Vincent Aboubakar are yet to be quashed.

Two attacking midfields, Praet and Ziyech, have dominated column space this summer. Praet seemed destined for Sevilla as his father, and agent, was/is determined to make that move possible. However, Sevilla as of yet won't budge on their offer, which falls short of Anderlecht's asking price. Sevilla are also in a period of change with their manager, Emery, leaving for pastures new at PSG and head of recruitment, Monchi, also seemingly out the door. Boro are rumoured have agreed to pay the fee but need to negotiate with the player still whose father, to complicate the matter, now seems to want his son at Soton. Ziyech is an asset that financially stricken FC Twente can cash in on and the player has been linked with a 10.4m (currency not confirmed) move away from the club. According to dutch media, Boro were front runners but more recent reports suggest Swansea are swooping in and will offer the player a more financially appealing offer. However, there are also numerous rumoured other clubs from all over Europe interested as well; Fenerbache leading the chase there. Expect this one to take quite a while to conclude.

After the collapse of a proposed loan move in January, 19 year old Jordan McGhee has finalised his move to Boro at the second time of asking! He will join Boro's U21 squad on a season long loan with Boro having the first option to buy the player next summer.

The Daniel Ayala saga continues! The Spaniard is entering into the last year of his current contract and seems to be stalling on a renewal, two diverting reports here. One party claims he's been offered a contract and is refusing to sign but there are a large group who still believe that Ayala and the club are close to reaching an agreement. There has been interest in the Boro defender with, a***st others, the Toon rumoured to have interest in the form of 15 million pounds.

Current interesting new rumours with, as of yet, not much to go on: Yakou Meite and Filip Helander

General and (potentially) Interesting Links: