• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wouldn't call either bang average. Do we expect every single player we sign to be a worldbeater? Think about Bournemouth, Norwich and Watford. None of them signed any top class players so we may not either. We don't even know what league we might be looking at these players for!

Disagree bd. There's NO chance we've not been looking at players for the summer yet. Yes we probably won't make any moves till we know what league were in but we'll definitely have had scouts out and talked to clubs and players on a preliminary basis

Wouldn't call either bang average. Do we expect every single player we sign to be a worldbeater? Think about Bournemouth, Norwich and Watford. None of them signed any top class players so we may not either. We don't even know what league we might be looking at these players for!

Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Payet, Ighalo... All did well in the Premier League this season, none were considered world beaters. Sometimes you have to trust your scouting network to find an unknown gem who fits your system

I'm struggling to get active in the transfer window thread up to now, I don't want to think about this until after Saturday. It's unreal the difference in calibre of players we could be targeting depending on Saturdays outcome.

Disagree bd. There's NO chance we've not been looking at players for the summer yet. Yes we probably won't make any moves till we know what league were in but we'll definitely have had scouts out and talked to clubs and players on a preliminary basis

I know we've scouted Portugal, Spain and France extensively this season.

While we will obviously have scouted and drawn up lists for both scenarios I just think that in the current situation there is no truth in any of links links. All agent work. Is it a coincidence that the two teams fighting for promotion are the ones linked? I think not.

As you say bd there will be a plan a and a plan b list. I'd expect that in a ven diagram you'd see people (like James Morrison) who will appear on both lists.

On the ven diagram these are labelled Gibson's signings : )

Brighton and Boro chasing 28 year old French midfielder

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/?p=78350#.Vypl4Ol0Hd4.twitter

Again, I just don't think these kinds of rumours are real. In the same vein as the Belgian transfer, we're not going to be signing, frankly, bang average players for their league.

chantome bang average? i'm not having that on my longest boro save(FM13) he became a boro legend. he actually became a club legend before me. i was gutted. but he was an absolute beast of an attacking midfielder. top assists nearly every season in the premier league for us.

Mind you digard was always pretty good on FM, mr glass legs couldn't hack it in a tough league.

99% of rumours will be untrue and lots of clubs will be holding out for silly money now we're a Premier League club.

I hope we're sensible but productive. I'd imagine the dressing room may have some signings from Spain in the summer - some of the better players at mid-table Spanish sides, ala Stuani.

Watch out Sociedad and Betis - we want your best players :D