oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

I think "meh" is about fair enough considering the standard of expectations the club has set with the other signings. Barragán seems solid but not particularly exciting.

Over 100 games for a top Spanish side isn't exciting enough for you? :)

Some pepole, seriously.

He's 29.  He's only played about 175 games and yes I know they've all been in the top Spanish division.

He's never been anywhere near a Spain squad.

I had my expectations raised by the Mandi link.

I'm sorry, and this is only my opinion, but I would rather have brought Kalas back rather than buy a second rate[in my opinion] Spanish full back.  Much, much rather.

Oh and yes, bring on the insults, because I've expressed an opinion.

Chocolate teapot indeed.  Ha F ha.

Can't knock you for expressing an opinion man thats what this place is here for, I do question if you were a boro fan before last season based on Kalas' numerous poor performances at RB in the season before last mind, he never looked likely to take nsues place and is clearly a CB so I would personally prefer someone with plenty of experience specifically at RB.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think "meh" is about fair enough considering the standard of expectations the club has set with the other signings. Barragán seems solid but not particularly exciting.

Some pepole, seriously.

He's 29.  He's only played about 175 games and yes I know they've all been in the top Spanish division.

I'm sorry, and this is only my opinion, but I would rather have brought Kalas back rather than buy a second rate[in my opinion] Spanish full back.  Much, much rather.

To be fair he would be competing with the likes of Azpilicueta, Bellerin, Juanfran, Arbeloa for that RB slot, hardly fair criticising him that he couldnt get in one of the strongest teams of our generation

Still think we will get a fair few more players tbh, very strong starting 11 but strength in depth is lacking in a few positions. Really wouldnt feel comfortable with the likes of Baptiste, De Pena, Husband, Carayol, Forshaw and Nugent being our backups, with the exception of Nugent, they are all a million miles away from being premier league quality

I think it's pretty clear that Mandi/Meunier were our first choice signings and yes ideally we would've signed somebody younger. Despite that he's still at his peak at 29 and I'm still excited about this guy, he has a lot of experience playing in La Liga over several years and I've heard and read good things about him, especially the defensive side of his game. Certainly an upgrade and Nsue you'd think and he should be able to cut it in the Premier League with a CV like that, even if we were to only get one season out of him before he moves on, as long as he plays a part in keeping us up then it's job done. But you never know, he might prove to be amazing and he could be our first choice RB for the next 3 years.

Just an observation but why has Nsue been written off so quickly? I thought he had just as much to do with our excellent defensive record last season as Friend did and I thought Nsue was much more dangerous on the attack. I'm not trying to compare Nsue and Friend or insinuating that Friend isn't good enough for the PL. I just think Nsue has a lot more to offer than he gets credit for on here. For me, it'll be a straight fight off between him and Barragan for the starting right back position and whoever performs better in pre season will take that slot.

Just an observation but why has Nsue been written off so quickly? I thought he had just as much to do with our excellent defensive record last season as Friend did and I thought Nsue was much more dangerous on the attack. I'm not trying to compare Nsue and Friend or insinuating that Friend isn't good enough for the PL. I just think Nsue has a lot more to offer than he gets credit for on here. For me, it'll be a straight fight off between him and Barragan for the starting right back position and whoever performs better in pre season will take that slot.

Barragan is a more defensive option, I think they'll be rotated depending on the opposition.

I know we've had a really really good defence over the last couple of seasons but despite this the club is never satisfied and is always looking to improve which I like. I think AK has looked at the areas of defence which are the weakest (Keeper, RB and cover for CB) and strengthened it even more. And we aren't just doing this with our defence, we're doing it all over the pitch.

From what we know about Nsue and what we've heard about Barragan, I can probably see Barragan as being a better fullback defensively speaking, and Nsue as a better fullback offensively speaking. Maybe Nsue will be used for home games and Barragan will be used for away games?

Some pepole, seriously.

Your opinions are based on really, really weird reasonings though.

You'd rather bring in Kalas - who didn't even play RB last season cause he couldn't beat out Nsue, and was average at best there the season before, than a La Liga RB who's played against the best in the world.

At this point I can only assume you seriously are fishing. I wasn't quite sure before, I thought maybe you just really did have silly opinions but now...no way, no one could possibly prefer Kalas to Barragan.

(who, as someone else pointed out, is only just older than Friend btw. Want to replace him too?).

:heart:

Why does this guy get called a troll just for not being overly excited about a signing?

I'm not either tbh and I don't see what everyone else who's hugely buzzing over the signing is basing it on.

Fair enough he's an experienced top flight player who will do the job but other than that what is there to get genuinely hyped up about?

Just sounds like a steady full back to me so if a few people aren't jumping up and down in excitement it's kind of understandable imo.

If, God forbid, Ramirez doesn't get his WP, could we imagine this midfield?

de Roon     Clayton

Adomah                                       Fischer

de Sart

Apart from de Sart, yes.

If we don't get Ramirez we'll get someone else, if it takes a while Downing will play there.  Oh and I don't expect Fischer to be in the team at the start of the season.

De saart is a defensive midfielder who can also play CB not a number 10.

Why does this guy get called a troll just for not being overly excited about a signing?

I'm not either tbh and I don't see what everyone else who's hugely buzzing over the signing is basing it on.

Fair enough he's an experienced top flight player who will do the job but other than that what is there to get genuinely hyped up about?

Just sounds like a steady full back to me so if a few people aren't jumping up and down in excitement it's kind of understandable imo.

People's perception of this new signing seem quite an odd one. I've seen neither overt excitement or disappointment surrounding this transfer more of a

" Nice, another signing and more competition "

As apose to the signing of subotic, which quite frankly, is outrageous and I'd quite happily irritate anyone with my excitement.