oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Why does this guy get called a troll just for not being overly excited about a signing?

I'm not either tbh and I don't see what everyone else who's hugely buzzing over the signing is basing it on.

Fair enough he's an experienced top flight player who will do the job but other than that what is there to get genuinely hyped up about?

Just sounds like a steady full back to me so if a few people aren't jumping up and down in excitement it's kind of understandable imo.

Not being excited is fair enough. Continually using the fact he hasn't got in the Spain squad as a stick to beat him with is just fishing though, imo.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why does this guy get called a troll just for not being overly excited about a signing?

I'm not either tbh and I don't see what everyone else who's hugely buzzing over the signing is basing it on.

Fair enough he's an experienced top flight player who will do the job but other than that what is there to get genuinely hyped up about?

Just sounds like a steady full back to me so if a few people aren't jumping up and down in excitement it's kind of understandable imo.

This is what I meant. For the record, I think Barragán is a good signing - certainly a defensive upgrade on Nsue at the very least. But I don't see why he's a signing to be excited about. He may play very well for us, be the George Friend of the right-hand side, but as of now I don't think any of us know that. He's not a young promising prospect, he's not a big marquee signing. He is a decent player who has come off a poor season all round for Valencia.

I've been getting plenty excited about most if not all of our other signings, but this one just doesn't inspire me as much, personally.

It's obvious why anyone would get excited over subotic tbf, a random right back from Spain is a bit meh. I'm not knocking the signing but it's just a solid signing nothing spectacular.

Great news about the work permit if true, hopefully subotics comes trough just as fast.

Just read through his posting history. He fishes, it's simple as. I really need to stop responding but I can't help myself.

It has nothing to do with this signing, this is just a continuation of his constant theme.

This is what I meant. For the record, I think Barragán is a good signing - certainly a defensive upgrade on Nsue at the very least. But I don't see why he's a signing to be excited about. He may play very well for us, be the George Friend of the right-hand side, but as of now I don't think any of us know that. He's not a young promising prospect, he's not a big marquee signing. He is a decent player who has come off a poor season all round for Valencia.

I've been getting plenty excited about most if not all of our other signings, but this one just doesn't inspire me as much, personally.

Exactly, what we've done is the equivalent of us signing Swanseas reserve right back.

Exactly, what we've done is the equivalent of us signing Swanseas reserve right back.

Oh come off it, no it isn't.

I couldn't give a flying *** if he isn't exciting enough for some as long as he does a job tbh. Some need a reality check. We're signing Negredo, Subotic, Fischer and yet some are still moaning. We were never going to sign 11 superstars. We're doing more business than anyone else in this division and yet that isn't enough for some. Get a bloody grip.

You mean Ángel Rangel? I wouldn't go that far, he turns 34 in a couple of months plus I don't think he was ever as highly rated as Barragan.

Angel Rangel was good for Swansea, if barragan turns out like him I'll be pleased.

I couldn't give a flying *** if he isn't exciting enough for some as long as he does a job tbh. Some need a reality check. We're signing Negredo, Subotic, Fischer and yet some are still moaning. We were never going to sign 11 superstars. We're doing more business than anyone else in this division and yet that isn't enough for some.

Who is moaning?

Just because I'm not masturbating furiously over one signing doesn't mean I'm moaning about all of our business this window. Talk about over reactions.

Behave. Bet you've never seen Barragan play, just writing him off already because of what some Valencia fans are saying?

I couldn't give a flying *** if he isn't exciting enough for some as long as he does a job tbh. Some need a reality check. We're signing Negredo, Subotic, Fischer and yet some are still moaning. We were never going to sign 11 superstars. We're doing more business than anyone else in this division and yet that isn't enough for some.

Who is moaning?

Just because I'm not masturbating furiously over one signing doesn't mean I'm moaning about all of our business this window. Talk about over reactions.

You're the one who's overreacting comparing him to Swansea's reserve right back when you've never seen Barragan play.

Behave. Bet you've never seen Barragan play, just writing him off already because of what some Valencia fans are saying?

You can use the opposite argument though: Bet you've never seen Barragán play, just assuming he's an exciting signing because he's played at a high level previously.