oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Ah whatever I can't explain properly what I mean.

The sad thing is people have to defend themselves because they aren't buzzing their tits off over a largely unknown right back.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It'll be interesting to see how much we'll raise by selling our players that are attracting interest from Championship clubs. The most likely departures that would raise funds are Nugent, Reach, de Pena, Baptiste, Forshaw, Adomah, Carayol and Husband(his injury will complicate things though). If we want to hold on to a few then we'll just loan them out.

If we have concerns over Leadbitter's longterm fitness then it would make us far more open to selling him if we receive a good offer. There were similar rumblings last Summer about a bad injury so it's looking like something isn't totally right. Many Championship clubs will be willing to pay a very good fee for a Championship midfielder of his experience and quality. Bradley Johnson cost Derby around £8 million last Summer, who IMO is a worse midfielder, so that's some sort of rough benchmark. I'm sure that we'll be open to selling Rhodes if we secure some more our top striking targets after Negredo. I think we could do with a more mobile striker that can stretch teams. RW needs significantly strengthening as our options of Adomah and Stuani don't fill me with confidence.

Nugent, Forshaw and carayol are most likely to leave imo, I'd rather have leadbitter around the place than sell him for what would be peanuts.

I could see de Pena either going back to Uruguay or doing a wildschutt and tearing up league 1. There's a chance he could earn a place in the squad over pre season but the signs really didn't look good from what we seen. Wildschutt never made the grade for us and he had much more of an impact than de Pena.

I'm off to Toronto for 18 days boys. From Manchester via Heathrow. I have a peculiar habit of bumping into boro players and the manager on my travels so let's hope I see Negredo or Subotic in the next 3 hours.

Did not enjoy reading some of the senseless bickering posted in here over the night.

I support and get behind each and every Boro player whenever he puts on the shirt and takes to the pitch.

Only when that player shows that he does not care nor puts in any effort (and we have witnessed many times that sort of player) do I complain.

Safe trip PS though could you not get a flight direct from Heathrow?

LinoJo wasn't implying that he would support Barragan any less than he would Negredo or any other "exciting signing", just that he isn't in fact a signing people should be expected to go mad about.

He wasn't saying he is a bad signing or having a go at him, just saying it was a bit of a meh signing, and while I wouldn't go that far myself it's clear he is just going to be a solid addition to the squad rather than the first name on the team sheet. Not every signing is exciting and people shouldn't be expected to jump for joy over a fairly standard right back signing for us, even if he is a good addition.

Did not enjoy reading some of the senseless bickering posted in here over the night.

I support and get behind each and every Boro player whenever he puts on the shirt and takes to the pitch.

Only when that player shows that he does not care nor puts in any effort (and we have witnessed many times that sort of player) do I complain.

Safe trip PS though could you not get a flight direct from Heathrow?

Totally agree with the status man, yeah it actually worked out more expensive as a direct flight oddly enough, hence why I opted for doing it like this, going to be seeking WiFi as often as possible whilst there as I can't bear the thought of being painfully out of sync with the ongoing transfer business.

Because he was reserve right back for a lower midtable team

Valencia came 12th last year which isnt "lower midtable" just to nit pick.

Also, they're hardly a lower midtable team. One bad season doesn't turn them into that. What about the prior seasons where they were more like 4th and 5th?

They're one of the better sides in Spain and over 100 games for them is a great achievement.

No need to jump for joy, but stop underselling the guy too please.

Maybe I went slightly OTT, apologies for that. I've never seen him play myself but I trust AK's judgement. Didn't the Gazette say we've been watching him for two seasons? So we've clearly done our research on him.

Anyway let's hope we hear something on the other 3 today.

I'm not convinced it's fair to question how much excitement we are allowed to experience per signing. At the risk of sounding blunt if I want to get excited, I will.

For me to be excited I would have to either a) have a good knowledge of the player and expect great things from him in our squad. Or b) Have little knowledge of the player but trust in our manager and scouting system that 'said player' would flourish at boro. Barragan in this case is the later.

In this case, option c) I have watched the player and I find him largely bland an uninspiring isn't applicable to myself but I can't fault anyone who has watched numerous games of Barragans and is able to make an informed judgement.

Because he was reserve right back for a lower midtable team

Valencia came 12th last year which isnt "lower midtable" just to nit pick.

Also, they're hardly a lower midtable team. One bad season doesn't turn them into that. What about the prior seasons where they were more like 4th and 5th?

They're one of the better sides in Spain and over 100 games for them is a great achievement.

No need to jump for joy, but stop underselling the guy too please.

Spot on. Liverpool would be a far closer comparison than Swansea.

I don't think anyone is suggesting we won't support Barragán or anyone else. I'm sure we all hope he does really well for us, and even those of us who aren't that excited about him have conceded that he is a solid signing nonetheless.

I also thought the discussion was quite well mannered considering some of the other "bickering" that has been about on the forum over the last month or two...