oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

It's worth a bloody fortune that company... Get Flamini signed onto our board!!!

In all seriousness, he'd provide some experienced competition in the middle of the park.

There's a story that says it's could create a 20bn dollar industry

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So we've been linked with 32 year old free agent Flamini...as I said a few days back don't expect all our signings to be in the "exciting" category. I believe we will look to add prem experience in abundance, yes we will see our new scouting network at work and we'll utilise our links with the big European clubs, but our main aim next season will be to stay in the prem so players with prem experience will be top priority.

I actually don''t think I'm hostile at all. I am just not willing to accept that any posters on this forum are better informed or more qualified than me to express a valid point of view. I will accept arguments backed up by facts, but have you got any, apart from the fact that I don't agree with you.

I actually don''t think I'm hostile at all. I am just not willing to accept that any posters on this forum are better informed or more qualified than me to express a valid point of view. I will accept arguments backed up by facts, but have you got any, apart from the fact that I don't agree with you.

Posters put forward their opinions and their reasons for the opinions (considering there are no facts to back it up and you know that) and your responses to those opinions has been incredibly hostile.

Sorry pal, you're one hostile person.

I thought it was quite clear, Rhodes, IMHO will not be a success as striker in PL. You obviously disagree, and perhaps your judgement is better than mine, but are your credentials?

Man you're always so hostile.

Take a chill pill!

watching rhodes get bumped out of the way by goldson vs brighton worried me a little. hes(goldson) a big strong lad and quite quick compared to most chump cb's. he is a premier league sort of cb(we should sign him).

anyhow when rhodes is in those one v one situations he wont be out pacing many and he wont be out muscling many. cbs in the prem already limiting his effectiveness compared to chumpship.

thats to be expected though. they will know he cant out run them and will stay tighter to him and try and out muscle him.  rhodes is going to have to become more a back to goal guy and look to play others in. in the box he'll still be able to find space, you dont need pace in those areas. we'll need pace on the flanks and and quality link up/support.

giroud at ***nal similar physically to him. hes surrounded by pacey/skilful guys like cazorla, sanchez, ozil. we have albert who is the only skilful type like this. these all chip in with goals and assists and when they click the rip teams wide open. we need desperately to get in another skilful/pacey type of alberts ilk. hopefully ramirez comes back, we need him.

having a nice passer like downing who isnt very adventurous/creative anymore. leaves us a bit weak going forward. he does have his qualities like his long range passing and crossing, hes also able to hold onto the ball for us to relieve pressure.

Given that you also have no facts doesn't that mean you can't accept your own argument?

Well, the traditional Transfer Window thread has started as it means to go on... ;)

The more I think about Flamini, the more I think it makes sense. He's a model pro and had a lot of experience I the Premeirship and with top teams abroad. That experience and mindset could be invaluable in the dressing room.

I presumed that it would be taken in context with my previous post about Wilshere's interview and Rosicky being a rock in the dressing room - especially for young players. Evidently, it was not; which is easy to understand given the sheer number of posts which this thread receives.

Yeah I didn't see that post mate or others if there was more than one.  The first post I saw is the one I replied to initially.

I presumed that it would be taken in context with my previous post about Wilshere's interview and Rosicky being a rock in the dressing room - especially for young players. Evidently, it was not; which is easy to understand given the sheer number of posts which this thread receives.

Yeah I didn't see that post mate or others if there was more than one.  The first post I saw is the one I replied to initially.

No worries buddy; I was also a little hot headed in replying when I only had a split second to do. Let's sweep it under the rug and move on.

I have misgivings about Rhodes as well. Partly at least to do with how clinical he hasn't been for us. The goals he's scored for us so far have either been scrappy, chances where he hasn't had time to think or chances that he couldn't have missed. Anything else he's fluffed. If it's really just because of the move and maybe pressure with the price tag then ok you can make some allowances but if it's anything else it could be a problem. We aren't going to create anything like that amount of chances next season and we can't afford to have someone missing the limited good chances we do create. The more I think about it though the more I think that we may have to look outside the Premier League if we're bringing a striker in because the options don't seem that great. Mind you, teams will be buying players themselves and so players that might not look available right now may become available during the summer.

No worries buddy; I was also a little hot headed in replying when I only had a split second to do. Let's sweep it under the rug and move on.

Yeah mate it's all forgotten about, no worries.

I'm concerned about Rhodes too. Mainly his speed and strength running shoulder to shoulder with a big defender - there was a scenario like that late against Brighton but he couldn't get past Goldson. That's where someone like Bamford, who has far more to his game than Rhodes, would be able to get through on goal and get a shot off. We'd be far better with a striker that is able to make a chance of his own from nothing or take a half chance every now and then, and not just rely on the ball dropping on a plate to them in the box to convert.

I have misgivings about Rhodes as well. Partly at least to do with how clinical he hasn't been for us. The goals he's scored for us so far have either been scrappy, chances where he hasn't had time to think or chances that he couldn't have missed. Anything else he's fluffed. If it's really just because of the move and maybe pressure with the price tag then ok you can make some allowances but if it's anything else it could be a problem. We aren't going to create anything like that amount of chances next season and we can't afford to have someone missing the limited good chances we do create. The more I think about it though the more I think that we may have to look outside the Premier League if we're bringing a striker in because the options don't seem that great. Mind you, teams will be buying players themselves and so players that might not look available right now may become available during the summer.

Your last bit is essentially the point I made earlier, the strikers id be happy with us bringing in are too expensive, the rest are guff and no better than Rhodes. The more I think about it, the more I'm warming to the idea of Ciro Immobile.

The facts are that Rhodes has scored goals at every level he's played at. We can speculate over whether he can do it in the Premier League, but the fact is that he's been every bit as prolific as Austin, Lambert, and others who have performed well in the top flight.

dont think hes been mentioned yet 'pablo sarabia'

hes an attacking mid, no10, winger in la liga. only 24 has some decent stats this season and a few prem clubs are being linked with him (***nal/west ham).

is he any good? what sort of player is he?

i know we have a few lads who watch la liga.