Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What does this article mean? -

"The future of Spanish striker Alvaro Negredo could have an unexpected twist last minute. The player has given its approval to the offer of Middlesbrough , who assume all of its listing on the Valencia CF, but the club Valencia which has the last impediment to the progress of the player. According to Cadena SER, the Mestalla wants to get the maximum benefit from the operation and asked the English club besides the player 's salary also made ​​against the cost of amortization of its signing , some 8.5 million euros a year, amount are not willing to pay from Middlesbrough."

Everyone seems to be jumping on the adnan januzaj to boro story. No smoke without fire, right?

Don't know how I'd feel about this one, the lad clearly has potential but I wouldn't want anything (minutes) promised to him.

I'm not convinced that Januzaj is that great. He seems to me to be turning into the latest version of Federico Macheda, appears with a big splash then fades away. That said, if there is some talent there, then bringing him in to compete with Adomah, who I think will do just fine in the Premier, isn't a bad thing, bolstering an area where we might be considered to be in need of some reinforcement.

If (and hey, it is speculation so far, even if the smoke keeps getting thicker) he does come in though, and we also bring in Negredo, I don't see where Stuani has a place in the squad anymore.

Januzaj on RW would add a lot to us going forward as he has the intelligence and technical ability to break down teams. The big concern would be whether he would track back and perform relatively consistently over a season. If he comes here feeling like he has a point to prove then he could be a very good signing for us. It seems like lazy journalism at the moment though.

Downing will occupy the RW spot for the majority of the season. Thats my guess at the moment. If he got his game playing as poor as he did in the championship I feel he will be given the opportunity again in a division he's am lot more familiar with.

20m for Wijnaldum ?! He was awful last year, he's exactly the same as most of the newcastle squad, might be technically a good player and scored a few goals, but he's got absolutely no fight or bottle for when the going gets tough, we don't need players like him.

Totally agree Wijnaldum has a heart the size of a pea , overrated, overpriced

Liverpool just bid 20mil for him apparently. If Ayala does end up going and they are offering 15mill then swapping a player signed for 400k +5mil for a player actively being sought for 20mil, who would fit our system, isn't too shabby tbh. Plus Karanka would do a better job than Schtevey Mac at coaching him, much like Benitez did...

Anyhow. Hypothetical.

Fischer is far quicker than Januzaj. Apart from that, both technical and can pick a pass. Januzaj gone backwards under LVG.

Turkish website with links to Galatasary are saying Bony has frustrated them after being unable to decide between all of his suitors Stoke, Swansea, Everton and Middlesbrough.

First time I've seen us linked with him and at 20 million he would smash our transfer record that's for sure even being linked with him shows the intent to spend big on the right player.

Interesting. As I said all along I do think we will break the bank on a forward. We will bring in another striker and attacking midfielder.

I just can't see us spending so much money on a striker when we've invested so much in that position already. Even taking the TV money into account, Rhodes was a big gamble with money we probably didn't actually have at the time, and Negredo's wages won't be cheap.

There's a string possibility we'll get it rid of Nugent and bring in a third striker, but will we bring in a huge name to fight for one position with 2 other big money players? I'm not sure.

Think it'll be a number 10 personally. Think we're going to see a slight shift to playing 3 more narrow attacking midfielders next season rather than wingers much like spurs and Chelsea.

Think it'll be a number 10 personally. Think we're going to see a slight shift to playing 3 more narrow attacking midfielders next season rather than wingers much like spurs and Chelsea.

Aye, I can see that. Fischer/Downing both able to play wide or central, and we seem to be linked with a number of wingers who can also play centrally. Again, Aitor's love of flexibility and multi-role players shows.

Aye, I can see that. Fischer/Downing both able to play wide or central, and we seem to be linked with a number of wingers who can also play centrally. Again, Aitor's love of flexibility and multi-role players shows.

Fischer looked to come inside every time the ball went forwards onSaturday, so that lends a bit of credence to that theory.