oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

The Ayala thing seems a bit strange

Sat karanka says he doesn't know if Ayala will be 1 or 2 weeks getting fit

Sat night his missus tweets hubby back to work on Monday won't see him for a while

Mon Ayala on plane to Marbella

Somethings not right there.   Does karanka not know , who got the plane tickets for Ayala ,  or did he just turn up with a bag

Could be an indication that he's chosen to sign the new contract.

That was my first thought. But I'm worried it's just overoptimism on my part.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Burnley are closing in on their first signings of the summer with a double raid on Charlton for Johann Berg Gudmundsson and goalkeeper Nick Pope the pair will cost £3.6m

Every time they get promoted they never seem to splash the cash

In their defence, Guundsson was a standout in the charlton team and arguably the championship last season.

I was just about to say, as much as I don't like to admit it, Gudmundsson was one of the best wingers in the league last season with 6 goals and 12 assists. The fact that he achieved that in a very poor Charlton team only emphasises it even further.

Hardly screams 'top-level pedigree' though, does it? It's alright being able to boing boing between the divisions time and time again but when are they going to make signings who really look like, from the outside, players capable of keeping them up? Gudmundsson couldn't keep Charlton up in the Championship, he doesn't immediately stand out as someone who will be able to keep Burnley up in the PL either.

Burnley are looking to be shrewd when they have money to spend, they made record profits and have the TV money to utilise but they're still looking to strengthen their squad with the best of the rest from the Championship.

Statistically, Gudmundsson was better than all of our wide men last season and a lot of people are perfectly happy in thinking they can make the step up. If you look at it that way and consider the relative minuscule outlay, doesn't look like too bad a signing.

I do agree that Burnley need to splash some cash and bring in some quality additions because, at the moment, their squad is weaker than it was a few months ago, not stronger.

I do quite rate Dale Stephens as a top championship/bottom prem player so I'd say he's at least a start. However, in a similar situation to us, better required pretty much all over the park.

The Ayala thing seems a bit strange

Sat karanka says he doesn't know if Ayala will be 1 or 2 weeks getting fit

Sat night his missus tweets hubby back to work on Monday won't see him for a while

Mon Ayala on plane to Marbella

Somethings not right there.   Does karanka not know , who got the plane tickets for Ayala ,  or did he just turn up with a bag

Could be an indication that he's chosen to sign the new contract.

Burnley are closing in on their first signings of the summer with a double raid on Charlton for Johann Berg Gudmundsson and goalkeeper Nick Pope the pair will cost £3.6m

In their defence, Guundsson was a standout in the charlton team and arguably the championship last season.

I was just about to say, as much as I don't like to admit it, Gudmundsson was one of the best wingers in the league last season with 6 goals and 12 assists. The fact that he achieved that in a very poor Charlton team only emphasises it even further.

Hardly screams 'top-level pedigree' though, does it? It's alright being able to boing boing between the divisions time and time again but when are they going to make signings who really look like, from the outside, players capable of keeping them up? Gudmundsson couldn't keep Charlton up in the Championship, he doesn't immediately stand out as someone who will be able to keep Burnley up in the PL either.

Burnley are looking to be shrewd when they have money to spend, they made record profits and have the TV money to utilise but they're still looking to strengthen their squad with the best of the rest from the Championship.

Statistically, Gudmundsson was better than all of our wide men last season and a lot of people are perfectly happy in thinking they can make the step up. If you look at it that way and consider the relative minuscule outlay, doesn't look like too bad a signing.

I do agree that Burnley need to splash some cash and bring in some quality additions because, at the moment, their squad is weaker than it was a few months ago, not stronger.

I do quite rate Dale Stephens as a top championship/bottom prem player so I'd say he's at least a start. However, in a similar situation to us, better required pretty much all over the park.

stats are stats thats it. remember that useless cf we got from celtic, scot mcdonald(struggled to remember his name then, had to google it). he scored 12 league goals in his last season for us, in a struggling team. does that mean he is better than nugent, kike, stuani, rhodes etc. no way was he. he was terrible and couldnt even hit a ball from further than a few yards out. scuffed everything and always seemed to kick his shots at the keeper. he offered the team very little but his stats are okay so that means hes good  :D .

the charlton lad could sign for us but he wouldn't get a game. if we thought he could and would improve us we'd have signed him ourselves.

i do think there are players in the championship who can improve us. i reckon we might bring in the odd one now and then. if we manage to stay up.

Heard a rumour that Carayol hasn't gone to Marbella. No idea if there's any truth in it, but sounds like he could be out the door soon.

Heard a rumour that Carayol hasn't gone to Marbella. No idea if there's any truth in it, but sounds like he could be out the door soon.

Well he hasn't exactly stood out in the two pre season games, can't say I'd miss him.

Wouldn't surprise/worry me. Surplus to requirements, and he'll be well aware. Linked with Bolton the other day wasn't he?

That's all fair and well but those stats are still from the Championship. I know we have players who exist in our team who have shone in that division too, but they are already part of our team.

They're not players we need to bring in and integrate, we're not shelling out transfer fees to keep them with us either. The majority of the strength in our Championship side has been with us for the whole of the past 2 years. The entire first-choice back 5 from last season along with Clayton, Adomah and of course Leadbitter. And we're seemingly not looking to 'strengthen' that by bringing in other players from the Championship.

It looks more like Burnley are looking to ensure they come back up next time rather than give the PL a go and try to stick around. And isn't that the same recipe for disaster which sent them down a year ago?

As much as I dislike Dyche, and therefore Burnley, I don't see anything wrong with what they're doing. WBA bounced between the leagues for a number of seasons, banking the money and ensuring they had a strong enough side to get promoted every other year. Once they'd banked enough they gave it a good go and ended up a stable Prem club. I figure Burnley are doing the same.