oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Steve Gibson has spoken...

“A lot of the work has been done in terms of recruitment for next season and thankfully we can press ahead with plan A. We know our targets and we can start that process."

If this season was plan B then I can only wonder what plan A is going to be...

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

id have Krul , and Dzeko at a realistic price ,

while im  daydreaming, heres a guy that would fit in nicely on that attacking left spot, currently at Palermo i think and they only just avoided relegation valued arounf 8 million dunno if thats euros or pounds

tell you what as a result of watching that i looked at a few vids of Dybala at Juventus...what a talent that boy is  ...messi-esque .

Vasquez is the type of player who fans would love, gets about 30 nutmegs in that video. He looks like a rich mans Lee Tomlin.

Is he as 'full figured' as Tomlin? :D

Slim, but about as quick :D

Nutmegs like Tomlin, cutbacks like George Friend.

while im  daydreaming, heres a guy that would fit in nicely on that attacking left spot, currently at Palermo i think and they only just avoided relegation valued arounf 8 million dunno if thats euros or pounds

tell you what as a result of watching that i looked at a few vids of Dybala at Juventus...what a talent that boy is  ...messi-esque .

Vasquez is the type of player who fans would love, gets about 30 nutmegs in that video. He looks like a rich mans Lee Tomlin.

So...badly, 90% of the time? ;)

Steve Gibson has spoken...

“A lot of the work has been done in terms of recruitment for next season and thankfully we can press ahead with plan A. We know our targets and we can start that process."

If this season was plan B then I can only wonder what plan A is going to be...

Real Madriddlesbrough V Stokelona becoming a reality my friend.

So...badly, 90% of the time? ;)

***, cutback was the wrong word! :P

You know the way Friend beats a man where he very blatantly and obviously makes a sharp change of direction but no ***er ever reads it even though everyone can see exactly what's coming?

I love this bit from Gibson interview, talking about improvements to the stadium:

"So there will be a small investment in that, but other than that every penny we’ve got will be to improve the squad."

He means business, and for this I am very happy.

It'll be interesting to see how much money we will spend. 25-30 million is my guess.

We've spent that this season, we'll spend more than that next season.

It'll be interesting to see how much money we will spend. 25-30 million is my guess.

We've spent that this season, we'll spend more than that next season.

The wages will be so much more this season though, I thought we'd spend about £30 million in transfer fees, but having read that interview with Gibson I think it could be a bit more than that.

id guess at 60. Or is that too ambitious?

Like surely the money we spend would become irrelevant should we survive this season? I honestly think there will be worse teams than us next season (Sunderland, Burnley, Swansea, Palace, West Brom and Sheff Wed / Hull). And I think the money we spend now would essentially be written off after the next season with the tv money.

We have a guaranteed 170 mil. That is astounding. 20 mil can go towards putting the club in a positive FFP figure. Leaving approx 150 to spend on improvements and what not. I wouldnt expect us to do that, but it doesnt half make a change from the Mobray years!!

Wouldn't be surprised to see us go after Jesus Navas. Knows Orta well. Can't imagine him being kept on at City with Pep going there. Wouldn't touch him though. Yet to see him make an assist!

All Navas does is try to assist, he just can't score to save his life. Mostly because he never bloody shoots. One of the most frustrating players to watch, even 2 yards out he tries to square it to a team-mate. There's unselfishness then there's plain stupidity.