oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Notice that Mozza isn't in the West Brom 18 today even though he's meant to be back from injury. Seems pretty certain he's not going to play for them again.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have a guaranteed 170 mil. That is astounding. 20 mil can go towards putting the club in a positive FFP figure. Leaving approx 150 to spend on improvements and what not. I wouldnt expect us to do that, but it doesnt half make a change from the Mobray years!!

It's not quite as simple as that mate.  The £170m is for 3 years assuming we are relegated this season. We don't have £170m to spend now and you have to remember that a decent chunk of that will be taken up by wages over that period.  I think you're looking at about £100m this season that we are guaranteed from tv money and then whatever else we get on top of that from other activities - tickets and other commerical stuff.  It's still a lot of course :)

Gibson's quote of “Our recruitment wasn’t as good as it could have been and I think we have addressed that, but it’s still difficult to get the right players. You’re asking a lot of a player to pick up and move his family to new faces in a dressing room, different coaching methods, different fitness methods and it doesn’t always work. Sometimes a player can be at a club that’s made for him, but he doesn’t know that until he’s gone and we’ve had one or two players who were better for us" pretty much sums up the situation with Bamford and Ramirez.

Gibson's quote of “Our recruitment wasn’t as good as it could have been and I think we have addressed that, but it’s still difficult to get the right players. You’re asking a lot of a player to pick up and move his family to new faces in a dressing room, different coaching methods, different fitness methods and it doesn’t always work. Sometimes a player can be at a club that’s made for him, but he doesn’t know that until he’s gone and we’ve had one or two players who were better for us" pretty much sums up the situation with Bamford and Ramirez.

Not necessarily with Ramirez as he's had good times elsewhere.  Bamford though perhaps.

i cant believe fans want bamford back. he chose to fob us off and step up to the premier league because he thought he was to good for them championship. well paddy your not good enough for us now see yeah have a nice career in the lower leagues.

i cant believe fans want bamford back. he chose to fob us off and step up to the premier league because he thought he was to good for them championship. well paddy  your not good enough for us now see yeah have a nice career in the lower leagues.

He understandably wanted a crack at the Premier League, the same as any other player in that position would.  He made the right decision, it just didn't work out for him that's all.  No issue with that and anyone that really feels that way is being a bit silly.  Not sure I'd sign him now though either way but it wouldn't surprise me if we did.

Interesting that we already have all our targets lined up though.

Yep, good to see we're going to try and get our business done early.

i cant believe fans want bamford back. he chose to fob us off and step up to the premier league because he thought he was to good for them championship. well paddy your not good enough for us now see yeah have a nice career in the lower leagues.

Good lord I wish some of our fans would get over this, he wants to play at the highest level, I'd have more doubts about him if had chosen us over a premiership team, shows ambition and self belief

I'd have him back in a heart beat

Yeah what an ***hole he is for taking up the opportunity to play in the premier league :s

i cant believe fans want bamford back. he chose to fob us off and step up to the premier league because he thought he was to good for them championship. well paddy  your not good enough for us now see yeah have a nice career in the lower leagues.

Yeah what an ***hole he is for taking up the opportunity to play in the premier league :s

yeah sitting on the bench on the premier league, he really proved a point. Hes not good enough to get a start.

He understandably wanted a crack at the Premier League, the same as any other player in that position would.  He made the right decision, it just didn't work out for him that's all.  No issue with that and anyone that really feels that way is being a bit silly.  Not sure I'd sign him now though either way but it wouldn't surprise me if we did.

For me there's only room in the squad for one of Bamford/Rhodes

We need a different type of striker this season, one with a bit of pace that will scare opponents if we counter on them.. A striker in the vardy/Wilson/gray mould