• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope we look for players with a Premier League mentality, as in we are now a Premier League club.

Plenty of gems out there as Leicester have shown and we wouldn't go too far wrong with a couple of Championship players who have excelled this season and would be good enough for the Premier League although I expect AK to try and get decent signings from Spain too.

It's clear it's in the attacking third that we need to improve as chances won't be at a big premium like they were this year and we couldn't put the majority of them away.

Anybody have any names as to the type of player we could attract (Messi may be a tiny bit out of reach)?

It's going to be an exciting summer.

If we don't get Antoine Griezmann, I'm gonna be fuming.

It's reported that he would cost £79m so maybe out of reach :)

We got 120m though, right?

Worth a cheeky bid - even if it does eat into all our transfer kitty. :D

We got 120m though, right?

Worth a cheeky bid - even if it does eat into all our transfer kitty. :D

Yeah we could always try. Buy I'd like to get him for under 70m :)

Yep, Gaston has to be priority numbers 1, 2 & 3.

This, 100%. He's out of contract, he's shown quality that's definitely beyond this division, he's already played for us and we know a lot about him now and finally, he knows he's going to be loved here. The cheering for him as he came out to collect his medal today, I felt kind of sorry for Carlos de Pena who came out after him. The instagram king barely got noticed because we were cheering over Mark Page as he read out his name.

Loans expiring: Agazzi, De Laet, Kalas, Kike Sola and Ramirez.

Contracts expiring: Abella, R.Williams and Woodgate.

GK: Dimi and Meijas.

Defence: Nsue, Ayala, Gibson, Friend, Fry and Husband.

Holding midfield: Clayton, Leadbitter, Forshaw and De Sart.

Attacking midfielders: Adomah, Stuani, Downing, de Pena, Reach and Carayol.

Strikers: Rhodes and Nugent.

I'd build a team around Ayala, Gibson, Friend and Clayton, with possibilities of Nsue, Leadbitter, Downing and Rhodes. There's a fine balance between bringing in added quality but not disrupting the spirit of the side so I don't think we'll try to offload the players that have been important in getting us promoted. Whatever happens I hope Stuani is only used as a striker next year, he looks out of his depth at RW in the Championship so he hasn't got a chance of getting away with it in the Premier League.

Likely transfer targets? I think we'll be likely to go back in for Matt Phillips from QPR. I'm not sure if Adomah will get much of a chance if we sign him so he could leave if a good club comes in for him. Patrick Bamford would be ideal for us on a permanent. Chelsea will be without the Champions League revenue so they'll be far more open to cashing out on their young assets, sorry I meant players.

The likes of Reach and Carayol I suspect will leave, either on loan or permanent.. It would make far more sense to loan out Reach though. The likes of De Sart and de Pena may be loaned out to get a bit of game time as they won't develop sat in the stands for the season.