oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

yeah sitting on the bench on the premier league, he really proved a point. Hes not good enough to get a start.

I don't think he went there intending to sit on the bench and as he probably can't see into the future then he wouldn't have known how it would turn out beforehand.

yes clearly, i'm not a bamford fanboy. 

i dont get why anyone would want him back. we seen how limited he was in the championship. hes nowhere near strong enough, awful in the air and does not have any outstanding attributes. 

imo it was pretty obvious he wasn't going to cut it in the premier league at palace. he might make a decent striker playing in a two. not as a lone striker though.  hes not got the attributes to fulfil the role.

we all saw he can get by a man in a tight space (rhodes struggles more) and is pretty cool in front of goal and has a decent shot. but its not enough. i'd prefer to get in sakho(west ham) type. 

like mentioned rhodes is similar but limited in different ways compared to paddy. overall i pfefer rhodes at least he can win headers and is a threat from crosses.

He was far from limited in the Championship. He was pacey, massively improved his hold up play and could score a good amount of half chances. He was voted the Championship Player of the Season here as he was exceptional in a fairly average attacking unit. He has loads of potential to fulfill at Premier League level if he joins a club that's suited to him.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah sitting on the bench on the premier league, he really proved a point. Hes not good enough to get a start.

I don't think he went there intending to sit on the bench and as he probably can't see into the future then he wouldn't have known how it would turn out beforehand.

i dont get why anyone would want him back. we seen how limited he was in the championship. hes nowhere near strong enough, awful in the air and does not have any outstanding attributes. 

imo it was pretty obvious he wasn't going to cut it in the premier league at palace. he might make a decent striker playing in a two. not as a lone striker though.  hes not got the attributes to fulfil the role.

we all saw he can get by a man in a tight space (rhodes struggles more) and is pretty cool in front of goal and has a decent shot. but its not enough. i'd prefer to get in sakho(west ham) type. 

like mentioned rhodes is similar but limited in different ways compared to paddy. overall i pfefer rhodes at least he can win headers and is a threat from crosses.

He was far from limited in the Championship. He was pacey, massively improved his hold up play and could score a half chances. He was voted the Championship Player of the Season here as he was exceptional in a fairly average attacking unit. He has loads of potential to fulfill at Premier League level if he joins a club that's suited to him.

i can count the headers he won all last season on one hand. i'd say that was a limitation.

anyhow the reasons im not keen on paddy.

1/ his ability, i dont like weak cf's. lets face it hes no ian baird.

2/ his attitude, before he started scoring and doing well i could believe how lazy his was on the pitch. he eventually seemed to step up his effort to the level of his teammates. cant let it go i'm afraid.

3/ he seemed to settle and be happy and playing to his potential here. i'm not keen on players moving about. it they are happy and playing well, then stay were you are. sick of seeing careers ruined by players thinking they are better than they are.  zenden and ziege ditching us to ruin themselves chasing glory, has clearly scared me.

Well if he's no Ian Baird that's it then - no deal!

Some people make talking *** into an art form.

He was far from limited in the Championship. He was pacey, massively improved his hold up play and could score a half chances. He was voted the Championship Player of the Season here as he was exceptional in a fairly average attacking unit. He has loads of potential to fulfill at Premier League level if he joins a club that's suited to him.

i can count the headers he won all last season on one hand. i'd say that was a limitation.

anyhow the reasons im not keen on paddy.

1/ his ability, i dont like weak cf's. lets face it hes no ian baird.

2/ his attitude, before he started scoring and doing well i could believe how lazy his was on the pitch. he eventually seemed to step up his effort to the level of his teammates. cant let it go i'm afraid.

3/ he seemed to settle and be happy and playing to his potential here. i'm not keen on players moving about. it they are happy and playing well, then stay were you are. sick of seeing careers ruined by players thinking they are better than they are.  zenden and ziege ditching us to ruin themselves chasing glory, has clearly scared me.

basically you're still bitter about Ziege so now you've tarred Bamford with the same brush.

Despite the fact Bamford wasn't even our player to begin with. 

Also, someone who had interactions with Bamford personally last year has already told you he had a great attitude, but I suppose your unfounded bad attitude is the way you're going.

Screw him for trying to take the step up, hey! Shoulda spent another year slumming it in the Championship despite the Premiership interest in him!

Alan Nixon says were in for montaro.  See if that one develops.

Wasn't he dropped from the Swansea side essentially because he doesn't work hard enough?

For what it's worth I don't want him back. But you were not talking about his ability. You were slagging him off because he had the nerve to take an opportunity to try and have a crack at the premier league rather than the championship again. These are two completely different things. Also how do you know he was 'never going to cut it'? He was championship player of the year ffs. Nothing says 'maybe I'm ready to step up' more than that. He wouldn't know until he tried would he? But you know, whatever I suppose.

I am also in the not bringing Bamford back camp, I've gave plenty of reasons but the simplest one must be - we either bring in players who are better premiership players to contend for a place  or the players we have get the chance in the premiership they gave blood and guts for. Bamford isn't a better premiership player, Rhodes has a better championship goal scoring record, Nugent has a better championship and premiership record, stuani is a former La liga player and Uraguayan international. Pretty much case closed if you ask me.

Alan Nixon says were in for montaro.  See if that one develops.

Wasn't he dropped from the Swansea side essentially because he doesn't work hard enough?

He's back in favour at Swansea. I'd be delighted with him.

i cant believe fans want bamford back. he chose to fob us off and step up to the premier league because he thought he was to good for them championship. well paddy  your not good enough for us now see yeah have a nice career in the lower leagues.

To be fair though, if Bamford had been given chances and taken them this season, he wouldnt be a realistic target for us now.

Kieran Trippier

Jose Giminez

Koke

Paolo Dybala

Gaston Ramirez

Andros Townsend

Bloody hell! That list will set us back £170 million on its own!

i cant believe fans want bamford back. he chose to fob us off and step up to the premier league because he thought he was to good for them championship. well paddy  your not good enough for us now see yeah have a nice career in the lower leagues.

To be fair though, if Bamford had been given chances and taken them this season, he wouldnt be a realistic target for us now.

I wouldn't even try talking sense. People have disproved a lot of Kevs reasons for not wanting Bamford back yet he just keeps on peddling the same old crap. I don't even want him back, but Kevs criticism of him is just ridiculously harsh.

With regard to Bamford, if he had rejected a chance to play in the Premier, to play in the Championship I would have questioned his lack of ambition, nobody can blame him for that.

If Karanka did take a chance on Bamford I wouldn't be paying anymore than £3 mill, Austin went to Southampton and was only £4 mill in that looks an excellent deal.