oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

With regard to Bamford, if he had rejected a chance to play in the Premier, to play in the Championship I would have questioned his lack of ambition, nobody can blame him for that.

If Karanka did  take a chance on Bamford I wouldn't be paying anymore than £3 mill, Austin went to Southampton and was only £4 mill in that looks an excellent deal.

hes contract is up this summer. is he being kept on/extended or is he available on a free? it he can stay fit he'd be a good signing for anyone.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With regard to Bamford, if he had rejected a chance to play in the Premier, to play in the Championship I would have questioned his lack of ambition, nobody can blame him for that.

If Karanka did  take a chance on Bamford I wouldn't be paying anymore than £3 mill, Austin went to Southampton and was only £4 mill in that looks an excellent deal.

hes contract is up this summer. is he being kept on/extended or is he available on a free? it he can stay fit he'd be a good signing for anyone.

Charlie Austin signed a four and a half year contract when he signed for Southampton in January.

His QPR contract was up this summer before Southampton signed him, think he signed until 2020

Edit- Beat me to it Will!

i'm no talking about bamford again. fans defending an ex player like hes still on of our own and cant handle any criticism of him is just sad.

Jesus man.

People aren't defending him like he's still on our team.

Half the people arguing with you have told you they wouldn't want him back.

Your reasons for not wanting him back are ridiculous though.

i'm no talking about bamford again. fans defending an ex player like hes still on of our own and cant handle any criticism of him is just sad.

It's not the criticism of Bamford people can't handle. It's the reasons you have stated that people find harsh/unreasonable/not true. And they are just challenging that. To call them sad is a bit childish. There's nothing wrong with the opinion that you have formed but you can't get upset at people forming different ones and trying to argue their case.

Incidently I don't want Bamford back next season either

Been mentioned previously but with newspaper reports that Montero could be available, I think he would improve our options on the wing and give us much needed pace for the premier league. Nathan Redmond was another Id like us to look at but seems like he could going be going back to the midlands possibly.

Im sure our scouting network has been busy with new sporting director in charge, as west brom showed with rondon signing we may have to look further than the usual markets, so Id be interested to see whether we could pull of a brazilian signing from ukraine, Im sure Gibbo would back the manager.

It's not the criticism of Bamford people can't handle. It's the reasons you have stated that people find harsh/unreasonable/not true. And they are just challenging that. To call them sad is a bit childish. There's nothing wrong with the opinion that you have formed but you can't get upset at people forming different ones and trying to argue their case.

Incidently I don't want Bamford back next season either

The trouble is when on forums its difficult to having different opinions and come across without being harsh. seen it loads of times. it we were all in the same room having a chat about paddy we'd probably have a pretty nice converation and mostly agree with eachother on every point made. not so easy when just reacting to a post made and then the most difficulty is putting your own point across without coming across as harsh/out of order.

I wanted paddy back in January and was disappointed he never came. to say i dont rate him is wrong, but its right if you listen to my previous posts because I've mentioned only bad things.

if we were in the championship he'd be a good signing. we are in the premier league so we need to be looking for better.

Some Italian lad called Massimo Maccarone is out of contract this summer? Scored 11 goals in Serie A this season anyone know how good he is?

just looked at his stats for this season, he scored past juve and milan lol

go on massimo son.

Gaston Ramirez

Jefferson Montero

James Morrison

Tomas Kalas

Imagine if these were our first 4 signings of the summer.

I'd be over the moon

second that, improving the best 11 is all we can ask for really.

att mid/wing options are weak and so is the depth of the defence. our weakest areas. get another defender and we are not far off.

Gaston Ramirez

Jefferson Montero

James Morrison

Tomas Kalas

Imagine if these were our first 4 signings of the summer.

It'd certainly be a solid start to our transfer proceedings.