oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

We seem to have planned ahead for this transfer window on the eventuality that we'll be a Premier League team so hopefully them plans pay off with some shrewd business. The Premier League money is unrivaled by other major leagues so if we target a high quality free transfer then we should be in a very strong position to beat other nations clubs team to them. Swansea have done that in recent seasons with free transfer signings like Fabianksi, Ayew and Gomis to very good effect.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gaston Ramirez

Jefferson Montero

James Morrison

Tomas Kalas

Imagine if these were our first 4 signings of the summer.

Yeah, I'm hoping for better tbh.

Like? I think people keep forgetting we've only just been promoted.

I don't think they do. To be fair to CT, Montero and Kalas don't get me very excited as I genuinely believe that we, as a newly promoted club, can get better players for those two positions, they aren't bad options but why settle for not bad? I'd like Ramirez and Morrison though, they'd strengthen us in my opinion.

Gaston Ramirez

Jefferson Montero

James Morrison

Tomas Kalas

Imagine if these were our first 4 signings of the summer.

Yeah, I'm hoping for better tbh.

Like? I think people keep forgetting we've only just been promoted.

Like better players.

Just found this on twitter... may be nothing but oh well

Rutger ‏@Rut010 6 minutes ago

Raiola in gesprek met manager Middlesbrough om Kenneth Vermeer over te nemen. Middlesbrough net gepromoveerd naar PL

Dodgy Google Translation: Raiola in conversation with manager Middlesbrough to Kenneth Vermeer to take over. Middlesbrough just promoted to PL.

Mino Raiola is a football agent and is pictured in the tweet and Kenneth Vermeer is a 30 year old Goalkeeper who plays for Feyenoord.

Raiola in gesprek met manager Middlesbrough om Kenneth Vermeer over te nemen. Middlesbrough net gepromoveerd naar PL

Dodgy Google Translation: Raiola in conversation with manager Middlesbrough to Kenneth Vermeer to take over. Middlesbrough just promoted to PL.

Mino Raiola is a football agent and is pictured in the tweet and Kenneth Vermeer is a 30 year old Goalkeeper who plays for Feyenoord.

Is Vermeer any good?

Is Vermeer any good?

Quick google search. 78 on FIFA and Man Utd failed in a last ditch attempt to bring him to OT in 2014.

5 appearances for the Netherlands without conceding a goal. Last appearance was over a year ago though.

Is Vermeer any good?

I'm not sure really, he had the 3rd most clean sheets in the dutch league this season behind Ajax and PSV's keepers so he can't be too bad, right?

Is Vermeer any good?

I'm not sure really, he had the 3rd most clean sheets in the dutch league this season behind Ajax and PSV's keepers so he can't be too bad, right?

You've put quite a positive spin on that, for a negative Boro fan.

Is Vermeer any good?

Shh, the dutch league brought us Afonso Alves if I remember correctly...  :P

Is Vermeer any good?

only 6ft what he like on crosses?? (back to negative boro mentality) ha ha

Is Vermeer any good?

WhoScored.com's player characteristics thingy says that catching crosses and saving close range shots are his two weaknesses and don't even say what his strengths are but to be fair I've never watched him so can't really comment on the accuracy of that.

Is Vermeer any good?

WhoScored.com's player characteristics thingy says that catching crosses and saving close range shots are his two weaknesses and don't even say what his strengths are but to be fair I've never watched him so can't really comment on the accuracy of that.

His weaknesses are 2 critical parts of being a goalkeeper haha