oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

I can agree to both of the above views. Yes, getting a player who is around Reals first team isn't the worst that can happen, but I'm also one who had hoped we may try for someone with a bit more appearances for a senior side. However none of us actually know what the lad can do. However if he moves here it's because both Real Madrid and our coaching/talent team thinks he can add something in the Premier League. It will be his big chance to show Real that he is worth a place in their future plans. He won't cost anything and we all know AK won't play him unless he really deserves it.

We lack creativity behind our strikers and if they think Zidane is the best option we can get then so be it.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't get why signing his son would be winning at football or anything like that.

Yes his dad was a great etc but it's not his dad we are signing, it's a in experienced 21 year old we're getting. That wouldn't be a problem if he had been showing glimpses of raw talent for Madrids first team and mixing it with the big boys, but he hasn't.

If you look beyond the name he's just a reserve player for Madrid, would be an interesting singing yes and exciting to see if he could do anything, but nothing more than that.

This.

I think if we were buying him I could kind of get excited at what we could potentially have on our hands but I just don't see the benefits to us for a loan deal. Like linojo3 said he's only just played his first game for the senior team so what would he bring us in the year he is with us?

Agreed, nothing to get excited about other than he's Zidane's son. Tin hat on but I'd much rather have Knockeart. ;)

I'd rather have herpes than Knockaert...

knocknoheart is a big no from me to. he's in the foriestieri mode. good when he gets space and things go his way, but when against an organised defence who make him work harder than normal head drops fast and becomes next to useless.

FYI Nixon still thinks we are in for Maguire

I think we are too. I just don't think they'll sell him in their current situation .

Knockaert would be a very good signing but not for the price quoted. Having seen a lot of Leicester over the last couple of years, he was very good in the championship but unfortunately lost his footing in the premier league. I think he has grown on from this and could flourish in a side like ours, considering it was a couple years ago . Wasn't helped by a Leicester team that was out of sorts and underperformance which eventually meant he fizzled out. He's only 24 as well! Suited to 4231, unlike the sort of game Pearson went for.

Knockaert would be a very good signing but not for the price quoted. Having seen a lot of Leicester over the last couple of years, he was very good in the championship but unfortunately lost his footing in the premier league. I think he has grown on from this and could flourish in a side like ours, considering it was a couple years ago . Wasn't helped by a Leicester team that was out of sorts and underperformance which eventually meant he fizzled out. He's only 24 as well! Suited to 4231, unlike the sort of game Pearson went for.

Finally someone talking sense. Spot on.

More like some talking an opinion which marries with yours :P

players like knockhaert and foriestieri dropped back down from the prem clubs for a reason at the time. doesnt mean they wont become better and able to make the step up. imo his attitude isnt quite right, he doest have the right fight in him. the big occasions get to him. in the prem every game is a big occasion.

Yep. All irrelevant anyway as we're not after knockaert

Like DK, Knockaert's attitude is my main qualm. Add to that the fact that he went missing against the bigger Chamlionship clubs and that's reason to believe he's not be a good acquisition in the Premiership - especially at £10m.

When you consider the fee we paid for Fischer, it's just ludicrous. We can get better, and cheaper, from abroad.

I don't get why signing his son would be winning at football or anything like that.

Yes his dad was a great etc but it's not his dad we are signing, it's a in experienced 21 year old we're getting. That wouldn't be a problem if he had been showing glimpses of raw talent for Madrids first team and mixing it with the big boys, but he hasn't.

If you look beyond the name he's just a reserve player for Madrid, would be an interesting singing yes and exciting to see if he could do anything, but nothing more than that.

I think from now on we should judge all players based on their singing ability. Can the lad do Pucini or is he more in the Eurovision league? ?

10m for Knockaert? Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Wait... what, you're serious?

Like Snowblind says, better value elsewhere. That lad's career has been on a downward trajectory. Looked promising when he was with Leicester, but petering away.