oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

It's great but I was expecting bigger news?

After everyone has been panicking over not having 2 fit CBs for the opening game, having our two most experienced ones back in training is huge news

According to Wiki Ben Gibson is more experienced than Ayala by 1 game. Slightly surprising. 151 against 150.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After everyone has been panicking over not having 2 fit CBs for the opening game, having our two most experienced ones back in training is huge news

It's only light training for espinosa though not full training.

The gazette annoy me, these quotes are from Karanka after the Villa game why are they only just reporting it now??? They write too much drivel and worry about writing 10 nothing articles instead of 1 quality article.

Since Saturday they've quoted AK wanting another CB as a priority but they never mentioned that Ayala was starting full training on Monday. Why not???

Quality not quantity please.

This.

Jonathon Taylor just told me that the two stories this morning were just starters. Think we might find a name out today.

He also just told me I won't be far off with my prediction of 4 more signing coming in. CB, LB cover, CM and RW.

The gazette annoy me, these quotes are from Karanka after the Villa game why are they only just reporting it now??? They write too much drivel and worry about writing 10 nothing articles instead of 1 quality article.

Since Saturday they've quoted AK wanting another CB as a priority but they never mentioned that Ayala was starting full training on Monday. Why not???

Quality not quantity please.

Do you want them to make up stories for the sake of it just to appease fans? Whenever we play on a Saturday the Gazette always publish quotes from the manager on the Monday, it's routine.

Jonathon Taylor just told me that the two stories this morning were just starters. Think we might find a name out today.

He also just told me I won't be far off with my prediction of 4 more signing coming in. CB, LB cover, CM and RW.

guess the F5 button is going to take a hammering today :)

Depending on how much we are willing to spend on a LB I'd definitely take a look at Ludwig Augustinsson from Copenhagen. Excellent left back with a truly magnificent cross on him. Almost downing-esque. He'd cost around 3,5 million but would be serious competition for Friend and wouldn't ask for huge wages. And he is only 22 years old.

AK confirming what we already know - one of Dimi or Mejias will leave.

No outgoings until we bring in our top targets, namely, a centre back and left back cover.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/dimi-konstantopoulos-tomas-mejias-leave-11685132?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I'll be gutted if Dimi leaves us. He was a big part in us being promoted. Mejias leaving on a loan I can understand. Think he'd benefit from a season in the Championship as first choice somewhere

players like knockhaert and foriestieri dropped back down from the prem clubs for a reason at the time. doesnt mean they wont become better and able to make the step up. imo his attitude isnt quite right, he doest have the right fight in him. the big occasions get to him. in the prem every game is a big occasion.

To be fair, you could say exactly the same thing about Ramirez. (I realise you didn't say we couldn't)! However, so far Ramirez has dropped down to the Championship, and showed that he's great at that level, but he is YET to prove that he can really cut it in the Premier League.

I for one am hoping that he can finally prove it this season.

players like knockhaert and foriestieri dropped back down from the prem clubs for a reason at the time. doesnt mean they wont become better and able to make the step up. imo his attitude isnt quite right, he doest have the right fight in him. the big occasions get to him. in the prem every game is a big occasion.

To be fair, you could say exactly the same thing about Ramirez. (I realise you didn't say we couldn't)! However, so far Ramirez has dropped down to the Championship, and showed that he's great at that level, but he is YET to prove that he can really cut it in the Premier League.

Ramirez scored 5 in 26 for Southampton in his first season. That equates to 7 over a 38 game season which would be excellent.

People always ignore his first season where he was pretty good in the prem because it doesn't fit the "he's never done it in the prem" narrative people have.

Ramirez CAN do it in the prem when in a system that suits him and a manager that trusts him.

Ramirez scored 5 in 26 for Southampton in his first season.  That equates to 7 over a 38 game season which would be excellent.

I agree, that would be excellent. I hope he does achieve something like that sort of return.

However, he scored 1 in 22 apps for Southampton since 2013, and 1 in 22 apps for Hull in the same period. Hardly prolific. He was eventually left out by Hull, and has been released by Southampton, as you well know. Three PL managers have ultimately left him out of their teams on a regular basis.

I like Ramirez, and I hope he proves he's good enough. I was just saying that he is YET to prove that he can really cut it in the Premier League. So far I think his FULL history/stats shows that.

Fingers crossed.

Ramirez scored 5 in 26 for Southampton in his first season.  That equates to 7 over a 38 game season which would be excellent.

I agree, that would be excellent. I hope he does achieve something like that sort of return.

However, he scored 1 in 22 apps for Southampton since 2013, and 1 in 22 apps for Hull in the same period. Hardly prolific. He was eventually left out by Hull, and has been released by Southampton, as you well know. Three PL managers have ultimately left him out of their teams on a regular basis.

I like Ramirez, and I hope he proves he's good enough. I was just saying that he is YET to prove that he can really cut it in the Premier League. So far I think his FULL history/stats shows that.

Fingers crossed.

I think a lot of his Apps for Hull were from the bench (IIRC), and he got played out wide quite often. Steve Bruce didn't take a fancy to him at all I don't think.