oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

FFS we surely arnt going to spend that sort of money on him, could have got kalas for half that price

How do you know? Kalas signed a new contract at Chelsea last year, it's possible they have no intention of selling him.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FFS we surely arnt going to spend that sort of money on him, could have got kalas for half that price

How do you know? Kalas signed a new contract at Chelsea last year, it's possible they have no intention of selling him.

Its pretty clear he wont have a future at the club though, could have at least got him back on loan. Maguire is a championship player, yes he has potential but there should be huge warning signs if Alex Bruce is keeping him out the team

It's not Maguire and another CB according to Jonathon Taylor. It's 1 CB, LB and winger. If it's just the 1 CB I'd rather not bring in Maguire. Hope we have other irons in the fire

Surprised this hasn't been discussed more. Hardly surprising, but it pretty much confirms 3 things.

1. We need another CB, hardly breaking news.

2. Husband will not be in the 25 man squad (probably shipped on loan after recovering from injury) and Reach will not be second choice LB.

3. We're getting another winger, almost certainly on the right and presumably someone to push Adomah/Stuani for that starting position. I have a feeling this might be a late summer marquee signing.

Its pretty clear he wont have a future at the club though, could have at least got him back on loan. Maguire is a championship player, yes he has potential but there should be huge warning signs if Alex Bruce is keeping him out the team

We could have had Kalas, but as discussed earlier, we thought we were getting Subotic at that point, and Chelsea probably wouldn't loan him out to sit on a bench again.

Maguire played more games than Alex Bruce last year, so not sure where you got that from.

Plus Alex Bruce is always played by Steve Bruce, if the club rate him as our best option then why doubt it, Kalas would have been great as squad player but with sound he come to sit on our bench, he's desperate to prove himself so good on him. The fact Kalas has gone to Fulham proves that he too is still a Premiership player. I know a fair few Hull fans and they rate him very highly.

2. Husband will not be in the 25 man squad (probably shipped on loan after recovering from injury) and Reach will not be second choice LB.

There's no emergency loan window anymore, so Husband will be with us until Jan anyway.

He can play as an overage player in the under 23's

Yeah Husband will miss roughly 2 months of the start of the season, but he'll still be fit for 2 months after then before the January window so we might still get a Championship club willing to sign him on loan. Especially if we strike a deal where they only pay his wages after he recovers from injury in October time. There'll surely be a Championship club that will be willing to come to that sort of agreement.

Leeds are apparently interested in Rico Henry from Walsall, probably to replace Taylor, so they might not even want Husband.

In deed they may not which is why I said if possible.

Another twist in Llorente deal hearing he'll sign for Swansea today Monchi wants rid of him.

When Subotic's deal fell through we were always going to have to sign a less exciting option so I aren't surprised by some peoples criticism of us potentially signing Harry Maguire instead as peoples expectations were raised considerably. Karanka obviously rates Maguire highly so I'll trust his judgement. When considering Maguire's valuation, it needs to be compared in light of the sort of valuations of Michael Keane, John Stones etc, as they're in a bubble of their own so can't truly be compared like-for-like to someone like Subotic. If Maguire has a good season in the Premier League then his value can easily double the £6 million quoted as being enough to convince Hull to sell him. He'll be 24 next Summer, meaning that Hull won't even get compensation for him, so they're in a very difficult position to turn down that sort of money, even in their injury crisis.

If we can keep up this year then we will probably be front of the queue to sign Subotic on a free transfer next Summer.

Sounds good about transfer request. Clearly wants to play for us. There was a lot of hype around him a few years back and his career has definitely stalled. He is no Subotic but if AK wants him then it must be that he wants to turn him into a Subotic class player. He was reported to have that kind of potential.

Don't mind the silence coming from the club about transfers. Has been an awesome window so far. Never dreamed we would be getting Negredo, Valdes and Fischer. If we do splash out again and it is a winger then I will be over the moon. Personally I would like someone with the speed of Carayol, the touch and class of Ramirez and the finishing ability of Rhodes!