oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

We need more quality and legs in the middle of the park, same as we did last summer but probably more pressing now. I think there are question marks over Friend tbh (hides). I thought he was quite poor today and he has been at other times this season. I have this feeling he will end up being badly exposed next season, hope I'm wrong mind. A lot will depend on how we plan to play. It's going to be a lot harder to get ahead in games if we want to keep doing what we've been doing so we have to beef up the attack. In all honesty I'd have no problem replacing any of them but I'm not sure that's practical!

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How much do you think the club should spend in the transfer window?

Last season I would of said around 25m but I think because of the money we will get in the prem next year clubs will want a higher fee.

I wouldn't be too surprised if James Morrison wound back up at the club. He's out of contract in the summer and would die for this club. He would add so much to the midfield even as a squad option for just a year.

I also do think that McCormack will finally sign for us in the summer. He fits the team perfectly. If not there are plenty of options out there.

For me; Jordan Lukaku, McCormack, Carles Gil on loan, Loftus-Cheek on loan, David Marshall, that Borja chap from Eibar/Atletico and probably Jimmy McMorrison. Plus I think Karanka might pull off a coup in nabbing Mario Gaspar from Villarreal.

If we get Martin Ødegaard and/or Borja Mayoral on loan I will literally *** my pants.

friend quite poor? not trained hardly and knockhaert got past him once in 98minutes. won every tackle and header to, just shows the high standards he's set.

george is not a problem for us to worry about. he is an asset.

McCormack will be 30... is he worth it now? I think he'd fit the team, but we shouldn't throw money at it willy nilly. Especially for the fee he would command... Although the boy does score goals... 7 mil I'd say yes.

friend quite poor? not trained hardly and knockhaert got past him once in 98minutes. won every tackle and header to, just shows the high standards he's set.

Yeah I thought he was poor with the ball and sometimes out of position when they had it.  No high standards at all on my part I just don't think today was one of his better games.  Had to do a job on Knockaert though no question but I think Knockaert let the occasion get to him anyway.

McCormack can stay right where he is. Talent though he is, now we're back in the PL, we don't need all the hassle of handling his agent. There'll be options who will be available who will cost less or at the very least won't hassle as much. He's got a history of being a nuisance.

Yeah I thought he was poor with the ball and sometimes out of position when they had it.  No high standards at all on my part I just don't think today was one of his better games.  Had to do a job on Knockaert though no question but I think Knockaert let the occasion get to him anyway.

Yes he did, I thought Knockaert was largely ineffective, as were Brighton actually.

This is Agent KM on call...This thread is going to pretty epic. Time to fasten your seatbelts folks. Let the fun begin.

i agree with others about needing more mobility in midfield. we need some pace in the centre. we need another winger to which is obvious, we all know that though. nsue might find it tough defending next season. i'd like us to sign another right back but not a back up like kalas.

we need another cb to. batista will be back but not much else cover wise. one injury away from having to blood kids.

x1 CB

X1 RB

X1 DCM

X1 ACM

X1 WINGER to who can play both sides or X2 one more for each side.

X1 GK

Do you think the likes of Judge, Mccormack etc. will still be targets now or do you think our targets will have upgraded due to being in the premier league. If AV is to be believed from the summer there were various players who were interested but only if we were in the premier league.

Personally though I think we will resign James Morrison. Hopefully Gaston Ramirez will also return.