• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ayala and Espinosa both not fit for Saturday.

Fairly sure at this point Ayala's "injury" is related to the hold up over his contract

thought the hold up in contract talks was proving his fitness, no point playing him in a friendly when he's not fit, just for him to get injured

I really doubt we aren't giving him a new contract because he isn't fit

Fit enough to justify his demands, what's not believable about that? He's clearly a good enough player to warrant relatively high demands but if he can't stay fit and we don't get to utilise that often enough, then the club are obviously not going to just hand him the contract, are they? Especially given how he felt about his injury last season, felt it was worse than the medical staff were telling him. For him to say "Can't play, I'm injured" when the club thinks otherwise and then for him to say "I want a great contract, I swear I'm fit now" might seem a bit too good to be true from their perspective. They'll want to put him through his paces in training and have everyone be on the same page regarding his fitness before feeling comfortable offering the contract he has demanded.

Why don't we just go spend £10m on a competent CB who has decent and recent experience in a top European league, preferably Premier League, who isn't a great grandad and doesn't have an injury list as long the Channel Tunnel?

After all we did that with Marten de Roon.

Why don't we just go spend £10m on a competent CB who has decent and recent experience in a top European league, preferably Premier League, who isn't a great grandad and doesn't have an injury list as long the Channel Tunnel?

Any suggestions? Who would realistically consider a move to Boro.

Any suggestions?  Who would realistically consider a move to Boro.

Mmmmmmm, seemed to have attracted a few big names so far !

I mentioned it last night. The original story came from a Lazio fanpage.

He seems to have a similar profile to De Roon. Made a name for himself in Italy after one season. Would probably command a similar fee given his age and growing reputation.

I mentioned it last night. The original story came from a Lazio fanpage.

He seems to have a similar profile to De Roon. Made a name for himself in Italy after one season. Would probably command a similar fee given his age and growing reputation.

Same agent too KM

If we are bringing in another on a free I expect us to spend rather big on a quality attacker. We really need something else on that right wing.

You're probably right. I think Adomah will step up pretty well, and I do think Stuani can offer something, but it's certainly a position where we need a better starter. I have literally no idea who, though.

Someone like Cristian Tello would be great IMO. Barca want rid of him, he's got good top-flight experience, is young and quality, but may still be happy to come to a club like ours. With the money we've saved so far, we could easily pull out the €8 million asking fee that Fiorentina don't seem to want to, so as long as his wages weren't too bad I'd love him here.

http://readmiddlesbrough.com/2016/08/04/sevilla-defender-turns-middlesbrough-move/ Cross another name off the list. Maddo will be happy atleast.

Gazette said yesterday he wasn't on our two man shortlist.

Surely the shortlist must be Maguire and one other. James Chester perhaps?

One of them is a foreigner.

Must be the Uruguyan from Juventus. Or maybe someone completely out of the blue.

Filip Helander was the other CB we were linked to at the time the "two man shortlist" was confirmed. All gone quiet there, and it mightn't have been him anyway... If we got Caceres, he would genuinely be a Subotic-quality signing. He could cover full-back as well, but his problem is his injury and his injury record. If we could work some deal linked to his appearances or something like that, I'd be totally up for having him here. He is a different class.

Ayala and Espinosa both not fit for Saturday.

Fairly sure at this point Ayala's "injury" is related to the hold up over his contract

thought the hold up in contract talks was proving his fitness, no point playing him in a friendly when he's not fit, just for him to get injured

I really doubt we aren't giving him a new contract because he isn't fit

Fit enough to justify his demands, what's not believable about that? He's clearly a good enough player to warrant relatively high demands but if he can't stay fit and we don't get to utilise that often enough, then the club are obviously not going to just hand him the contract, are they? Especially given how he felt about his injury last season, felt it was worse than the medical staff were telling him. For him to say "Can't play, I'm injured" when the club thinks otherwise and then for him to say "I want a great contract, I swear I'm fit now" might seem a bit too good to be true from their perspective. They'll want to put him through his paces in training and have everyone be on the same page regarding his fitness before feeling comfortable offering the contract he has demanded.

We wouldn't normally sign someone on a lucrative contract who is already injured. Bernardo is an exception but he came on a free as a backup, and won't be on too much. Ayala is probably asking (and fairly so) to be one of the club's highest earners, so of course he should prove his fitness to earn that privilege. In fact, because he is injured we have the upper hand in negotiation, because it is likely to put prospective buyers off, especially with the amount we would want for him.