oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

We wouldn't normally sign someone on a lucrative contract who is already injured. Bernardo is an exception but he came on a free as a backup, and won't be on too much. Ayala is probably asking (and fairly so) to be one of the club's highest earners, so of course he should prove his fitness to earn that privilege. In fact, because he is injured we have the upper hand in negotiation, because it is likely to put prospective buyers off, especially with the amount we would want for him.

Would be expecting the club to be offering a lower basic with a higher appearance fee than normally expected given his injury record.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Random name out of the hat - Francesco Acerbi.

because.....

He's had a good season at Sassuolo but they, like Atalanta (De Roon) and Verona (Helander) and unlike Lazio (Hoedt), would likely be willing to cash in if we went for him. We've clearly been scouting the Italian league a bit too...

However, reports in Italy are saying Inter are in for him in a deal for €5 million + Ranocchia. Frankly I would quite happily have Ranocchia here.

Is it feasible that we might go back for Subotic in the January window? Maybe Boro will closely monitor his situation and make a choice later on, I appreciate that perhaps his recovery period may very well be for a full season but no-one has mentioned that his football career is over.

Is it feasible that we might go back for Subotic in the January window? Maybe Boro will closely monitor his situation and make a choice later on, I appreciate that perhaps his recovery period may very well be for a full season but no-one has mentioned that his football career is over.

I was thinking this a little while back. Would love that. Problem is we've still got to look an appealing prospect in January! He probably wouldn't want to come if it was only in an effort to steady a sinking ship, for example.

Don't think that's beyond reason, especially if Ayala's situation isn't sorted by then and he starts talking to other clubs. I still think it probably will be fine with Ayala but we shall see.

Then perhaps we might be looking for a CB on loan for that period whilst sorting out a contract for Subotic as and when he is on the road to recovery...............let's face it had it not been for the injury he would already be here

Then perhaps we might be looking for a CB on loan for that period whilst sorting out a contract for Subotic as and when he is on the road to recovery...............let's face it had it not been for the injury he would already be here

I think that would be sensible. Given that we aren't heading down that avenue maybe Subotic is off the radar.

I can't see this happening as he'd still be injured It would be more likely just pick him up in the summer for free (I'm sure I read he's out of contract in the summer) and give him a bigger signing on fee. That's if we are still a premier league club by then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V6oN3w6YQc 30 seconds in and I already want him at the Boro, so composed on the ball

He does look very composed. But having just sold one of their biggest players in Candreva I can't imagine they are willing to sell another big player. On the plus side De Vrij is returning from injury so maybe they can be persuaded to sell Hoedt and make a fortune considering they got him for free.