oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

Didnt we try to get Antonio, but West Ham flatly refused to sell. Like lurker says we may be interested in loads of players but the selling club have to want to sell. I wonder if we are still interested in Monterro? I have a suspicion the longer we dont get a winger we may start sniffing round Jesus Navas. Hes moving into the last year of his contract at city.

I'd like to see us sign a singer who can actually put in a decent cross. Jesus and crosses don't exactly go together.

:D

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The official Brighton Twitter account has revealed how they just missed out on Alex Pritchard to Norwich. Painful and frustrating if you're a Brighton fan but it's just ridiculous.

"PB: We don't usually share transfer info, but we will make an exception with this one. #FansForum #BHAFC"

"PB: We agreed terms with Spurs, and then agreed terms with the player and agent. Player was travelling to us. #FansForum #BHAFC"

"PB: There were delays on the M25, and it was during that delay another club jumped on the deal. #FansForum #BHAFC"

"PB: These things happen in football, and we are not naive enough to think that doesn't happen. #FansForum #BHAFC"

The official Brighton Twitter account has revealed how they just missed out on Alex Pritchard to Norwich. Painful and frustrating if you're a Brighton fan but it's just ridiculous.

"PB: We don't usually share transfer info, but we will make an exception with this one. #FansForum #BHAFC"

"PB: We agreed terms with Spurs, and then agreed terms with the player and agent. Player was travelling to us. #FansForum #BHAFC"

"PB: There were delays on the M25, and it was during that delay another club jumped on the deal. #FansForum #BHAFC"

"PB: These things happen in football, and we are not naive enough to think that doesn't happen. #FansForum #BHAFC"

Bet thats Gastons fault ;)

Bet thats Gastons fault ;)

Gaston chucked his shinpads out of the plane on the way to the Udinese game apparently. Caused havoc on the M25.

Didnt we try to get Antonio, but West Ham flatly refused to sell. Like lurker says we may be interested in loads of players but the selling club have to want to sell. I wonder if we are still interested in Monterro? I have a suspicion the longer we dont get a winger we may start sniffing round Jesus Navas. Hes moving into the last year of his contract at city.

I'd like to see us sign a singer who can actually put in a decent cross. Jesus and crosses don't exactly go together.

Hahaa! Got to agree though, it's hard to remember Navas ever doing anything in a game ever. No idea how he's conned a living our of City for so long.

I wince whenever I see people with comments like "take a punt", "splash the cash" etc as it doesn't have any strategy to it. If a player in a priority position like a wide player becomes available that we really want, then yes spend money but if we aren't that impressed with the quality/price then we should sit tight and wait to see which targets may become available up until the transfer window closes. If that means waiting a few days before the transfer window closes before we make a decision, then so be it. It's better to get the deal right than to panic and get someone in quickly that we aren't totally convinced is the best option. We will obviously have targets in mind, who may not be available for one reason or another at the moment, such as current inflated valuations or clubs waiting to get a replacement in first etc, so we will be best waiting it out to see which targets become available.

Hahaa! Got to agree though, it's hard to remember Navas ever doing anything in a game ever. No idea how he's conned a living our of City for so long.

He's really not as bad as everyone thinks and would be a good signing for us depending on the price

Can't see anything illegal about the transfer and wasn't it Brighton that tried to JUMP ON our deal for clayton at the last minute?

Can't see anything illegal about the transfer and wasn't it Brighton that tried to JUMP ON our deal for clayton at the last minute?

Conveniently that's been forgotten about in all this anger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V6oN3w6YQc 30 seconds in and I already want him at the Boro, so composed on the ball

He does look very composed. But having just sold one of their biggest players in Candreva I can't imagine they are willing to sell another big player. On the plus side De Vrij is returning from injury so maybe they can be persuaded to sell Hoedt and make a fortune considering they got him for free.

You haven´t watched Lazio a lot, have you? Hoedt is by no means a "big player". The Lazio defense were dreadful last season, with De Vrij out for the whole season. Mauricio and Hoedt were both horrible, forcing Lazio to make a desperate signing of Milan Bisevac on a free in January. This summer they have bought Wallace who will play along with De Vrij. Reports suggests Lazio are also looking to sign another CB, Rodrigo Caio from Sao Paulo. Hoedt is the fifth or sixth choice for Lazio. He would never play if it weren´t for the injuries.