oneBoro Forum

Summer 2016 Transfer window

With the Vermeer link, Karanka was in Holland on Saturday looking at a player.

How do you know this?

Lurker is somewhat ITK, if I recall correctly.

(Some people believe him to be Anthony Vickers.)

I'm not ITK or AV, I get bits of info. From different people all with links to the club. 

Anything I pass on is 2nd hand info. 

I was told he was in Holland to see a CB, could be to do a deal. 

Then with the Vermeer link I was putting 2 & 2 together

I read quite a while ago someone linking us to Sven Van Beek (CB for Feyenoord) on Twitter, in January I think it was.

A suggestions of CM/CDM's...How about.... Ward-Prowse, Huddlestone, Howson, Livermore, Flamini (already linked), Besic, Anita, Sidwell, Colback.

All have Premier League experience.

I didn't hear about the Van Beek rumour but putting 2 and 2 together there, that could be a possibility?

Van Beek is the first signing we've talked about that i'm very interested in, or rather, excited about.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Carrick would be a perfect signing if we could get him to come.

He's well past it, legs have gone.

Really. You do realise we are Middlesbrough not Spurs or even Everton

Yes we're Middlesbrough not a care home for premier league journeymen.

That's like saying who's a better player, anichebe or McCormack? Just because anichebe has played his career in the prem doesn't make him the better player.

It's not really because they are different types of players whereas Cattermole and Leadbitter are quite similar and can be compared more easily.  Leadbitter was available on a free and nobody went in for him.  He would have been available from us for a few million I imagine and again other than Forest I don't think anyone has shown interest in him at all.  It's because he isn't that highly regarded in the Premier League.  Cattermole on the other hand has spent his career there.  Even Gibson has recently said it was a mistake to sell him and he just needed to be managed better.  He's absolutely spot on about that.

Just out if interest, how do you know McCormack is a better player than Anichebe?  Again, there are reasons that he hasn't been signed by a Premier League club.  It could be non football related or it might be that it's felt he's a player that will excel in the Championship but won't make the step up.  I suspect Rhodes is viewed in a similar fashion.  But the job that Anichebe will do for a team will be different to a McCormack so it's not comparing like with like anyway.

I think Carrick would be a perfect signing if we could get him to come.

He's well past it, legs have gone.

Really. You do realise we are Middlesbrough not Spurs or even Everton

I realise we are in the Premiership and Carrick is way past that looking at his performances.

with us going up to the premier league again the players available to us has skyrocketed.

this thread reminds me of football manager, you get up from the championship and there is a ton of free's and old mercs available with nice stats. you end up trying to sign everyone. when the dust settles and you look at the squad, your like, no i dont have a decent left winger or right back. but i have 10 central midfielders and 8 strikers. :)

Carrack has played 31 games for man Utd this season and been sub another 9 Only 6 players have played more

If carrick isn't good enough for us we really are fishing in a very very small pond

Carrick might be 'good' enough. But is he hungry enough to run his nads off for the Boro when the chips are down?

Is Carrick going to throw himself in the way of a shot on goal?

We want players who will work hard for the team, the manager and the cause. I don't see Carrick being that sort of player.

Sure he passes the ball nicely, but so do Grant and Clayton. We need to be careful not to sign anyone and everyone just because we've made it. Else in a years time, weve brought players who came for the money, and want to be offloaded cos they haven't got the passion for boro to get us back up again.

Carrack has played 31 games for man Utd this season and been sub another 9   Only 6 players have played more

If carrick isn't good enough for us we really are fishing in a very very small pond

I wouldn't question Carrick's ability - would gladly take players of his ilk - suitability in our team & system is a completely different matter. Doesn't have the legs for either Clayton's or Leadbitter's roles, the lad needs a team who'll dominate possession and I think we'll very much be a counter attacking team next season.

Guys he's 34. He'll be 35, I repeat THIRTY FIVE years old before the season starts. Besides we're being linked with Morrison, Cattermole, Flamini and Carrick, and who knows whoever else, why do we need so many centre-mids? And why are they all soooo OLD?

Hahaha did you just compare leadbitter and claytons passing to carricks????

And he probably wouldn't have the legs to get around when the 'chips are down' that's why you have a squad, you know so you can play another player who does have the legs.

He is hugely experienced, has had plenty of influence on man Utd games this season and plays a role where pace isn't much of an issue. His reading of the game is as good as it gets and his range of passing is leagues above anything we have.

Guys he's 34. He'll be 35, I repeat THIRTY FIVE years old before the season starts. Besides we're being linked with Morrison, Cattermole, Flamini and Carrick, and who knows whoever else, why do we need so many centre-mids? And why are they all soooo OLD?

You do realise there's a difference between being 'linked with' and 'signing' a player don't you?