• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Valdes injured in training according to someone on fmttm. Maybe Dimi won't be going anywhere after all. Scenes when he starts on Sunday.

Unless 'someone on fmttm' is on the medical staff I think we can take this with a pinch of salt.

Cooking salt or rock salt?

Dimi is 100% better at claiming crosses and commanding his area than Valdes. But other than that I agree Valdes is a better all round keeper.

Got any stats that prove he's 100% better at claiming crosses and commanding his area?

Probably not but is there a stat that says that Valdes sitting on a bench for 2 years is a better goalie than Dimi

I am in the camp that says Valdes will be a very good keeper for us and his distribution was excellent at the weekend but you have to say he should "in my opinion" have done better with the goal. I also felt that he was bullied at corners a bit too easily for me. Early days and he will be good but to compare Valdes record with Dimi's as some have done seems a bit daft to me as we are not getting the Barcelona Valdes and neither have we got the Hartlepool Dimi. What we have is two good goalkeepers (3 if you count Guzan , 4 with Meijas) and it is clear that AK has Valdes pegged as his No 1. No arguments with that at all but Valdes has more to prove that he is anywhere near his past best.

Nobody is saying Dimi is better than Valdes, but a keeper who has been superb for us over the last 2 seasons, and that good that AK never had to replace him through poor form has now become a bad keeper overnight, not too bad for a so called journeyman who was No 1 keeper for a promotion chasing side for 2 seasons and also had his contract extended.

Nobody is saying Dimi is better than Valdes, but a keeper who has been superb for us over the last 2 seasons, and that good that AK never had to replace him through poor form has now become a bad keeper overnight, not too bad for a so called journeyman who was No 1 keeper for a promotion chasing side for 2 seasons and also had his contract extended.

AK tried to replace him twice, first with Mejias which didn't work out and then with Given which didn't materialise. He's now been replaced by both Valdes and Guzan.

Just read through x amount of pages about dimi vs valdes yet again.

The Midfielder from Udinese linked again

http://mobile.ghanasoccernet.com/middlesbrough-lead-race-for-midfield-powerhouse-agyemang-badu

I wonder if Watford will go in for him given that they are partly owned or have a significant link with them.

His contract was renewed by virtue of making X appearances, not necessarily because of value to the club.

If he wasn't of value to the club he wouldn't have played in goal for us the last 2 seasons would he, we'd have brought someone else in. Karanka was happy enough with him.

Anyone who's advocated Dimi staying no.1 since we signed Valdes has lost all senses for me same with De Roon and Leadbitter. Them 2 in particular are levels above what we had I don't see the debate about it, a storm is coming on here when Grant's back because frankly I can't see him getting in that lineup ahead of Clayton or De Roon.

The Notts Post put a story on Dimi today and phrased it the way the Gazette would on a player we are about to sign but they can't let on they know too soon. Good luck to him he's helped us get here but Valdes is levels above and Dimi will probably get a little wage bonus there so fair play to him.

Not sue how you can say valdes is better than dimi yet. He's had one game and got partially blamed for the goal in that

This is stupid you're stupid.

Anyone who's advocated Dimi staying no.1 since we signed Valdes has lost all senses for me same with De Roon and Leadbitter. Them 2 in particular are levels above what we had I don't see the debate about it, a storm is coming on here when Grant's back because frankly I can't see him getting in that lineup ahead of Clayton or De Roon.

The Notts Post put a story on Dimi today and phrased it the way the Gazette would on a player we are about to sign but they can't let on they know too soon. Good luck to him he's helped us get here but Valdes is levels above and Dimi will probably get a little wage bonus there so fair play to him.

Not sue how you can say valdes is better than dimi yet. He's had one game and got partially blamed for the goal in that

This is stupid you're stupid.

Jeez, DZ, do you really wonder why people get aggro'd with you when you just full on call people stupid? I can see a storm coming again...

Sweet Baby Jesus! Everyone has a right to their opinion, but some of the stuff Iv been reading lately is laughable. Dimi even being compared to Valdes... WTF.

Dimi had the best season of his career, with pretty much the best defence in the league in front of him. He is no where near good enough to be playing in the Prem, even with rose tinted glasses.

You don't play nearly 400 games for one of the best teams in the world without being world class. Fair enough he hasn't played in a while and might be a bit rusty, but he is still a top class keeper.

Also you can't really 'blame' Valdes for the goal on Saturday. It was an exceptional free kick from a top quality player... he had no right to put it across the keeper from that position but he did. Maybe with a few games under Valdes's belt he might of tipped it wide.

What's the overall opinion of Adomah from Saturday? I recon we need another winger, keep Adomah as a squad player. He's just a speed boat with no final product.... although he did put two good crosses in, Ill give him that. Wasted more opportunities than he should of though.

My opinion from the end of last season hasn't changed - Adomah just isn't s premier league player - yes its early days but he needs to improve on his form from last season and his consistency, I personally don't think he has it in him - although I would be happy to be proved wrong by him.