• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

I'd be very surprised if we sell Rhodes for a loss.

Because that's the only way he'd leave.

Or some sort of exchange maybe?

No he'll be boro player come the close of the window

AK needs to be looking for a new striker because Nugent isn't good enough & AK doesn't play Stuani up front.

Rhodes will be our No1 striker next season & so he should be... A goalscorer will score plenty of goals in any league & Rhodes is a goalscorer.

Why is everyone so certain Rhodes will do the job in the premiership? Id like to see him stay as he definitely has the potential to get goals but to go into a prem season with Rhodes and nugent as our strikers would be suicide. We definitely need a top striker in summer.

I'd be very surprised if we sell Rhodes for a loss.

Because that's the only way he'd leave.

Or some sort of exchange maybe?

Swap for a Derby player? They've always had interest in Rhodes. Could also see Newcastle and villa being interested if what your saying is correct.

You never know in football, but I'd say it's highly unlikely Rhodes will be anything other then a Boro player next season. We do need an additional striker though, because there's certainly no guarantee that Rhodes will be able to step up to the PL. He could very well often be up top in our 4-2-3-1 and bring a decent return, but we need genuine competition with the potential of making that spot his own. A heavy investment there wouldn't go amiss. I suspect Nugent will ultimately be very much a squad player, yet not ignored as a key component in a centre forward trio.

Elsewhere in the starting line up, we definitely need a new left sided forward and Ramirez (or a new #10). That aside, plenty of squad filler and competition for me. I'd like to see us at least initially maintain the defensive spine that got us here.

I'm not sure of the current thinking, but certainly back in April, AK was less than impressed with Rhodes. Morale in the dressing room had been greatly affected by Rhodes attitude and he wasn't impressing in training. From what I heard he was at the centre of the bust up.

Things might have changed, that may have all kissed and made up, but even if he stays, he won't be our main striker next season.

I'm not sure of the current thinking, but certainly back in April, AK was less than impressed with Rhodes. Morale in the dressing room had been greatly affected by Rhodes attitude and he wasn't impressing in training. From what I heard he was at the centre of the bust up.

Things might have changed, that may have all kissed and made up, but even if he stays, he won't be our main striker next season.

Sources?

Now that's something I struggle to believe, with how humble a guy rhodes is said to be by everyone I've ever seen talk about him.