oneBoro Forum

Rhodes lone striker role in the Premier

Not to mention while the bust up was on going loads of stories came out about what went on, I don't remember rhodes being mentioned once.

Now you expect me to believe rhodes was the centre of it? Not sure I can.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

The information, like most rumours was second hand information from someone who knew someone inside the club. It makes a lot of sense though, Rhodes barely played for a while much to the chagrin of many fans. AK wasn't keen on signing him from the start, the deal was off and on and pushed through by Gibbo.

I just can't see AK relying on Rhodes to lead the line, regardless, I think we'll hang on to Nugent as he has little resale value. If Gibbo can get 8m back for Rhodes he'd be mad not to. We aren't going to have a 9m striker warming the bench next year. He may not go because we may not be able to sell him, but he won't be our main man that's for sure.

I'm not sure of the current thinking, but certainly back in April, AK was less than impressed with Rhodes. Morale in the dressing room had been greatly affected by Rhodes attitude and he wasn't impressing in training. From what I heard he was at the centre of the bust up.

Things might have changed, that may have all kissed and made up, but even if he stays, he won't be our main striker next season.

Why are you doing this stirring?

Trapper I was going to leave it at my first couple of comments, ie I'm not sure Rhodes will still be at the club.

You accused me of mischief making, so l felt obliged to demonstrate that I wasn't just winding people up, my opinion was based on something I'd heard.

I'm not sure of the current thinking, but certainly back in April, AK was less than impressed with Rhodes. Morale in the dressing room had been greatly affected by Rhodes attitude and he wasn't impressing in training. From what I heard he was at the centre of the bust up.

Things might have changed, that may have all kissed and made up, but even if he stays, he won't be our main striker next season.

Why are you doing this stirring?

Maybe because he believes what he has been told and is just passing it on. Personally I think he will be here and score goals also because of the latest interview, however if what BWS has been told is correct then I can see AK bringing someone in and trying to offload an expensive player instead of leaving him on the bench.

Rhodes has admitted he struggled to settle for a while but I just can't see someone as softly spoken as rhodes being the cause of a bust up as big as we saw.

Trapper I was going to leave it at my first couple of comments, ie I'm not sure Rhodes will still be at the club.  

You accused me of mischief making, so l felt obliged to demonstrate that I wasn't just winding people up, my opinion was based on something I'd heard.

Fair enough, we'll see what happens.

I don't like being to hypothetical, however, if he does go the club are going to look very silly.

Rhodes has admitted he struggled to settle for a while but I just can't see someone as softly spoken as rhodes being the cause of a bust up as big as we saw.

Same. The guy wouldn't have an argument with a fly

Same. The guy wouldn't have an argument with a fly

He 100% had nothing to do with the bust up. He is a great guy

Why would we look silly?

He came and played a big part in us getting up and if he does go we will get a decent amount back. That said I'd also be surprised if he was the centre of the bust up, someone on come on boro reckons it was nugent that started it all, not in a bad egotistical way just that nugent led the group of players who weren't happy with what was happening.

i reckon rhodes could have been involved in the bust up. not him personally involved but a few players kicking off about him not being given a run of games when we were desperate for goals and rhodes is by far our best striker. which is totally obvious on the pitch so probably even more obvious in training.

If we spent a healthy amount on a new first choice striker with a bit more pace and creativity, and Rhodes sat on the bench, it's a great spot to be in. A striker that ticks more boxes that we can get excited in the starting line up, with a born finisher super-sub who you would assume would still be fairly content getting minutes (within reason) in the PL.

Plus, let's face it, as a newly promoted team we're gunna fall behind in a lot of games next season. We need that type of option.