• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Interesting stuff Billy, but I actually heard a completely different turn of events which caused the walkout in March.

Not saying your version is wrong, but it just shows that so many people have got different versions that who knows what actually happened.

Have to agree that I can't really imagine Rhodes arguing with many, he seems like a nice guy.

Interesting stuff Billy, but I actually heard a completely different turn of events which caused the walkout in March.

Not saying your version is wrong, but it just shows that so many people have got different versions that who knows what actually happened.

Have to agree that I can't really imagine Rhodes arguing with many, he seems like a nice guy.

So are those in the know saying the March blip was about Rhodes ?

So are those in the know saying the March blip was about Rhodes ?

Not sure if anyones quite in the know fully, but I think BWS was saying that he's heard Rhodes was at the centre of it.

I must admit I haven't heard the Rhodes one but he has admitted himself he took time to settle in but I can't see him being the direct cause for the bust up. I remember reading Lambert saying that hes a nice lad and doesn't really really do confrontation. But who knows apart from the people who were really there.

All I can say for Rhodes regarding the premier league is he definitely deserves a chance. I'd still like another striker but I wouldn't write him off yet his goal scoring record is good, the only worry is we won't get as many chances as we did last season so he needs to be more clinical. At worse I can see him being loaned in January if things go south for him but I can't see why he would be written off yet he's got a good a record as Wilson and grey yet everyone thinks there the best thing since sliced bread. I get he's a different type of striker to them two but in terms of goals scored he's not inferior to them.

Some of the names people are banding about on the internet I wouldn't want we've been there before with expensive foriegn players and we know it doesn't always work like Gibson has said in his interviews since promotion they've learnt from past mistakes so let's hope so

id be a bit suprised if we moved Rhodes on so soon after buying him .  but did we buy him to shoot us out of the championship or to spearhead our premier league attack. 

Looking back to his actual signing its still argueable as to whether he was a AK signing or a SG signing .

Anyway the word coming from Newcastles ITK,s is that they are prioritising a striker with a recent high level success rate at scoring in the championship so i wouldnt at all be suprised if Rhodes at some point was mentioned with them no matter how unlikely from our point of view.

like i said though, id be suprised if he wasnt here come august

I think Rhodes will be gone this summer.

Fancy a bet on that?

That would be a difficult bet to consider, the odds would be stacked hugely in your favour as its not easy to get rid of a £9m player, especially when premier league teams don't seem that interested.

I would be willing to bet, that this summer, we'll buy a replacement for Rhodes, a better striker who will be AKs main man. What happens after that will depend on how Rhodes reacts, whether the club think it's worth keeping Rhodes as backup or whether they can get a decent price for him.

If he stays I'd be very willing to bet that he starts a lot less games than the striker that is bought in to replace him ( baring injuries of course).

In answer to the original question, and I wish I'd just put this to start with....no, I don't think Rhodes will be our loan striker in the premiership, it will be someone else.

I think Rhodes will be gone this summer.

Fancy a bet on that?

That would be a difficult bet to consider, the odds would be stacked hugely in your favour as its not easy to get rid of a £9m player, especially when premier league teams don't seem that interested.

I would be willing to bet, that this summer, we'll buy a replacement for Rhodes, a better striker who will be AKs main man. What happens after that will depend on how Rhodes reacts, whether the club think it's worth keeping Rhodes as backup or whether they can get a decent price for him.

If he stays I'd be very willing to bet that he starts a lot less games than the striker that is bought in to replace him ( baring injuries of course).

In answer to the original question, and I wish I'd just put this to start with....no, I don't think Rhodes will be our loan striker in the premiership, it will be someone else.

We can't take him on loan, he's already ours!

I disagree NB, people raise points for discussion on here, which is good as thats the purpose of this place, the only problem is that at times certain arguments and points of view get lost due to the different ways people choose to express themselves.

If people stop putting their views forward then, the purpose for places like this will disapear and it will become like FMTTM