• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the MD threads haven't changed with the hissy fits before we go ahead. Will be giving them a wide berth this season.

CT I have to agree with you on De Roon. I think he is very good at what he does but for me De Roon and Clayton doesn't work. They are practically the same player. Nothing goes forward and it's all very slow and laboured. It was evident that as soon as Forshaw came on we had much much more impetus because he looked to drive forward with the ball. I understand that in the Premier League we will spend a lot more time defending but I still think we need someone in the centre who can drive us forwards, especially when at home to some of the lower half teams.

CT I have to agree with you on De Roon. I think he is very good at what he does but for me De Roon and Clayton doesn't work. They are practically the same player. Nothing goes forward and it's all very slow and laboured. It was evident that as soon as Forshaw came on we had much much more impetus because he looked to drive forward with the ball. I understand that in the Premier League we will spend a lot more time defending but I still think we need someone in the centre who can drive us forwards, especially when at home to some of the lower half teams.

Leadbitter and Clayton are practically the same player and that worked...

I think you have to remember where we are now. We were basically playing a Championship team there. We are going to be doing a lot more tackling, defending than trying to break teams down. I'd rather have two CDMs than 2 CMs focused on going forward against much better teams than us.

We have the right quality in the right places IMO.

I see the MD threads haven't changed with the hissy fits before we go ahead. Will be giving them a wide berth this season.

I'm with you on that one Tom.. So many toys being thrown out of the pram and beds being wet

Come off it we were ***ing awful for large stretches of this game. If calling things as I see them when we're *** is a "hissy fit" then so be it.

Forshaw came on as like last season at a certain time of the match, it's biased to say he should be first choice that I have heard from the masses or that he has played so well. I don't get why our fans think this ball should go forward so quickly.....especially when we have little outlets up front at times, best like we do and keep the ball.

Forshaw came on as like last season at a certain time of the match, it's biased to say he should be first choice that I have heard from the masses or that he has played so well. I don't get why our fans think this ball should go forward so quickly.....especially when we have little outlets up front at times, best like we do and keep the ball.

When you keep the ball as long as we do you allow the defence to get set & that's when we struggle to break teams down, why would you want that? When we move it quickly we score - that was evident today.

When you keep the ball as long as we do you allow the defence to get set & that's when we struggle to break teams down, why would you want that? When we move it quickly we score - that was evident today.

This is where Downing let's us down.. He just slows everything and kills the momentum

Umm, a slight example of not always being gung-ho was today perhaps. Just to say that A.V pushing forward and rushing passes showed given the right time, the right tactics and execution of those tactics got two goals from nowhere.

Plus it was only a friendly!

Umm, a slight example of not always being gung-ho was today perhaps. Just to say that A.V pushing forward and rushing passes showed given the right time, the right tactics and execution of those tactics got two goals from nowhere.

Plus it was only a friendly!

I don't really know what you're trying to say anymore.

Today was a perfect example of what happens when we play slowly, we couldn't create anything for about 55 minutes of the game because we just went sideways and slowly.

Come off it we were *** awful for large stretches of this game. If calling things as I see them when we're *** is a "hissy fit" then so be it.

Having just got back from Villa Park and caught up with this thread, can someone please point me in the direction of the 'bed wetting' and 'hissy fits', because I have read very little that was not a true reflection of the game. We were awful in the first half, one paced, no penetration, thankfully we upped a gear after the break and with the help of some atrocious, (normal), Villa defending we managed to score three goals. The same deficiencies of last season are still to be seen, thankfully there is still two weeks to go.