• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

How are we doing?

Sounds good. Plenty of possession and being quite industrious. Defensively sound. Offensively, Downing getting plenty of mentions along with the usual crew - Gaston, Negredo and Nsue, too.

Still goal-less.

Boro good shape defensively looking hard to break down. Valdes alert and Barragan not fairing too badly at CB. A few sloppy bits of play or lapses in concentration leading to Sociadad 'chances'.

Offensively, it's coming but not quite there yet. Negredo and Gastón linking up well. Just a bit quiet from Downing and Fischer, need more out of them really.

Nothing really from each team to shout about but Boro have been on top overall, if only slightly.

I'm at the game lads. Not sure if anyone else is.

It's been pretty low tempo to say the least. Gaston has certainly been man of the match so far. He's very, very sharp. Some quality passes out of the blue and he's been involved in every good thing we've done.

I disagree with the idea that we're defensively sound. We've dealt with everything so far but we really do not look comfortable, not our usual selves. Valdes looks on the ball but rather than being clever and dealing with things efficiently, there's a feeling of only being able to do things defensively at the last minute.

We are relatively comfortable in possession. De Roon puts himself about well, decent on the ball and looks like he's marshalling the defence on his own a lot of the time. Clayts has found his way forward a fair few times whilst De Roon keeps sitting. That actually might suit Forshaw more than Clayts.

Negredo has been good and bad. Good at linking up the play, not quite as strong in the air as I expected but can hold the ball up well. So far quite tame around the goal, though perhaps that's harsh as he hasn't had many chances.

Spare a thought for Viktor Fischer. I don't want to say he's been rubbish because he looks out of place. His best involvement has been when he's had to come infield. He really isn't covering Friend very well or even giving him an option a lot of the time. We are choosing not to go down the left i feel because he's just not offering us enough out there. I think we need to get him more involved in the game but i don't know how.

Also Sociedad have been pretty average. Their keeper can't be very confident about kicking it long because he's gone short for 99% of his goal kicks. They've had a couple of good chances but at the risk of being over-critical of both sides, i feel that's been more down to our defence than their attack.

That's because Fischer isn't a winger. If AK persists on playing him there he will be a failure and out of the team soon. We definately need a new right sided player so Downing can get back on the left.

That's because Fischer isn't a winger. If AK persists on playing him there he will be a failure and out of the team soon. We definately need a new right sided player so Downing can get back on the left.

Yeah i can see what you were saying BD. I think Fischer has to start on the bench next weekend. Because we can't sacrifice Ramirez to accommodate him.

In our system he is reduced to being an impact player because he is not quite a lone striker and Ramirez isn't going to get dropped unless he hits poor form.

Just sounds like another nothing performance from us so far. Other than 30 mins of counter attacking against Villa we've been distinctly underwhelming really throughout the whole of pre-season.

As for Fischer, you'd think with the 2 years of scouting that we've done on him that we'd know where he can or can't play. I don't see him playing anywhere else for us unless Ramirez gets injured so he'll have to figure it out or we will have to figure out how to use him better.