oneBoro Forum

Pre season friendlies

That's because Fischer isn't a winger. If AK persists on playing him there he will be a failure and out of the team soon. We definately need a new right sided player so Downing can get back on the left.

Yeah i can see what you were saying BD. I think Fischer has to start on the bench next weekend. Because we can't sacrifice Ramirez to accommodate him.

Don't mean to argue with a Dane about a Danish player, and I know he has played more centrally for the national team, but according to Transfermarkt he has played about 82% of games at LW in his career so far. So if he's not a winger I don't really see what he is. Sure he likes to step inside, being right-footed, but I don't see him having the passing range for a number 10 or the awareness of a number 9.

He just needs to keep improving his defensive game and I think he can be a good weapon for us. I prefer him to Downing going forward, as like Adomah and Ramirez he's prepared to run at defenders and inject a bit of pace into the game. Downing kills momentum at very inopportune moments...

I understand what you are saying regarding Fischer but there is a reason why he hasn't played so many games for Denmark, and that is our previous manager had the same ethos as AK. Keep the ball, play a bit slow and line up in a 4-3-3. He isnt strong enough to play up front alone and not disciplined enough to be a winger in such a system. I really hope he builds to his game because he has the talent to be a cracking player.

I think we kind of agree with each other, just our solutions are the opposite? :P We both think he's not quite clicking in the system, I want him to adapt his defensive game (and maybe his link-up play), you want him to be moved to a different position. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't see what position he can realistically move to. For me the option is for him to develop and adapt, or yeah he'll be out of the team pronto.

The other issue is that I want us to have more impetus with the ball this season. We won't have the time to build play slowly against the quality of sides in the PL, so I'd rather we took a few more risks - quick passes and running at defenders - rather than slowing the game down. That'll work great for 0-0 draws I think, not so much for wins.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was poor and I want to sway with 'it's only a friendly, we weren't giving it 100%'

Ramirez and Adomah the ones who stood out, but just as last season we struggled to break quickly, getting bodies forward and into the box.

A few on here have pointed the finger at George's displays..i'd have to agree. However he was like this at the start of last season but soon got back into the swing of things and was a key figure by the end.

Come Stoke and we will need to be a little more adventurous with our play and show more quality in possesion.

Pre-Season Results

9th July - Away vs. York - Won 6-0

Finders OG 19', Nugent 23', Adomah 33', Rhodes 63' 87', Reach 75'

---

First Half: Mejias; Nsue, Baptiste, Morris, Husband (Friend 27), Pattison, Forshaw; Adomah, De Sart, De Pena; Nugent

Second Half: Dimi; Halliday, Jackson, McGhee, Friend; Clayton, De Roon, Carayol, Downing, Reach; Rhodes

16th July - Away vs. Doncaster - Won 2-0

Downing 13', Pattison 82'

---

First Half: Mejias; Nsue, Gibson, Morris, McGinlay; Clayton, Forshaw; Carayol, Downing, De Pena; Nugent

Second Half: Dimi; Halliday, Baptiste, Jackson, Friend; De Sart, De Roon, Fischer, Pattison, Reach; Rhodes

19th July - Away vs. Real Betis - Lost 2-1

Ceballos 26', Castro 72' // Rhodes 74'

---

First Half: Dimi; Barragan, Gibson, Morris, McGinlay; Clayton, De Roon; Reach, Downing, De Pena; Nugent

Second Half: Mejias; Nsue, Baptiste, Jackson, Friend; De Sart, Forshaw; Stuani, Fischer, Reach (Ramirez 80); Rhodes

23rd July - Away vs. Alcoron - Drew 2-2

Romagnoli 55', Alejo 90' // Negredo 34', Rhodes 90'

---

First Half: Valdes; Barragan, Morris, Gibson, Friend; Clayton, De Roon; Adomah, Ramirez, Downing; Negredo

Second Half: Mejias; Nsue, Morris (De Sart 71'), Gibson (Baptiste 71'), Friend (Reach 71'); Stuani, Clayton (Forshaw 71'), De Roon (Fischer 71'), Downing (De Pena 59'); Rhodes, Nugent

25th July - Away vs. Al-Ahli - Won 2-0

Nugent 58', De Sart 68'

---

First Half: Dimi; Nsue, Baptiste, Jackson, Reach; Forshaw, De Sart; Stuani, Fischer, De Pena; Nugent

70th Min Subs: Mejias, Barragan, Morris, Gibson, Friend; Clayton, De Roon; Ramirez, Adomah; Negredo, Rhodes 

30th July - Away vs. Aston Villa - Won 3-1

Baker 14' // Negredo 60', Fischer 75', Rhodes 78'

---

Team: Valdes; Nsue, Fry, Gibson, Friend; Adomah (Stuani 75), Clayton, De Roon (Forshaw 70), Downing (Reach 75); Fischer (Nugent 75), Negredo (Rhodes 75)

Subs Not Used: Dimi, Barragan, Baptiste, De Pena, De Sart

3rd August - Away vs. Udinese - Drew 0-0

---

Team: Mejias (Guzan 46); Barragan, Baptiste, Jackson (Nsue 66), Friend (Gibson 46); De Sart, Forshaw; Stuani (Adomah 77), Ramirez (Nugent 77), Reach (De Pena 66); Rhodes (Negredo 77)

Subs Not Used: Clayton, Fischer, Downing

6th August - Home vs. Real Sociedad - Drew 0-0

---

Team: Valdes (Dimi 72); Nsue, Barragan, Gibson, Friend; Clayton (Forshaw 46), De Roon; Downing (Stuani 79), Ramirez (Rhodes 79), Ficsher (Adomah 46); Negredo (Nugent 72)

Subs Not Used: Guzan, Mejias, Baptiste, De Pena, Reach, Jackson, De Sart

Won: 4

Draw: 3

Lost: 1

For: 16

Against: 5

Top Scorers

Rhodes (5)

Nugent (2)

Negredo (2)

Fischer (1)

De Sart (1)

Downing (1)

Pattison (1)

Adomah (1)

Reach (1)

OG (1)

Today was awful. Preseason friendly or not. Except for barragan being tried at centre back, ramirez being pretty good, and albert the only positive player in the second half it was very poor. Believe me when i say im usually one of the overly positive rose tinted gegs lot but after paying a 10er for something that lets not forget, is categorised as a form of entertainment we didnt try anything this afternoon. Chance wasted for me.

It was hardly awful

Today was awful. Preseason friendly or not. Except for barragan being tried at centre back, ramirez being pretty good, and albert the only positive player in the second half it was very poor. Believe me when i say im usually one of the overly positive rose tinted gegs lot but after paying a 10er for something that lets not forget, is categorised as a form of entertainment we didnt try anything this afternoon. Chance wasted for me.

It was hardly awful

Who is right? Ham or Pork? Only one way to find out... Meat Fiiiiiight

It was hardly awful

:)

It was hardly awful

:)

Hah in hindsight poor was probably more appropriate than awful like to be fair.

Good summary!

Pre-Season Results

9th July - Away vs. York - Won 6-0

Finders OG 19', Nugent 23', Adomah 33', Rhodes 63' 87', Reach 75'

---

First Half: Mejias; Nsue, Baptiste, Morris, Husband (Friend 27), Pattison, Forshaw; Adomah, De Sart, De Pena; Nugent

Second Half: Dimi; Halliday, Jackson, McGhee, Friend; Clayton, De Roon, Carayol, Downing, Reach; Rhodes

16th July - Away vs. Doncaster - Won 2-0

Downing 13', Pattison 82'

---

First Half: Mejias; Nsue, Gibson, Morris, McGinlay; Clayton, Forshaw; Carayol, Downing, De Pena; Nugent

Second Half: Dimi; Halliday, Baptiste, Jackson, Friend; De Sart, De Roon, Fischer, Pattison, Reach; Rhodes

19th July - Away vs. Real Betis - Lost 2-1

Ceballos 26', Castro 72' // Rhodes 74'

---

First Half: Dimi; Barragan, Gibson, Morris, McGinlay; Clayton, De Roon; Reach, Downing, De Pena; Nugent

Second Half: Mejias; Nsue, Baptiste, Jackson, Friend; De Sart, Forshaw; Stuani, Fischer, Reach (Ramirez 80); Rhodes

23rd July - Away vs. Alcoron - Drew 2-2

Romagnoli 55', Alejo 90' // Negredo 34', Rhodes 90'

---

First Half: Valdes; Barragan, Morris, Gibson, Friend; Clayton, De Roon; Adomah, Ramirez, Downing; Negredo

Second Half: Mejias; Nsue, Morris (De Sart 71'), Gibson (Baptiste 71'), Friend (Reach 71'); Stuani, Clayton (Forshaw 71'), De Roon (Fischer 71'), Downing (De Pena 59'); Rhodes, Nugent

25th July - Away vs. Al-Ahli - Won 2-0

Nugent 58', De Sart 68'

---

First Half: Dimi; Nsue, Baptiste, Jackson, Reach; Forshaw, De Sart; Stuani, Fischer, De Pena; Nugent

70th Min Subs: Mejias, Barragan, Morris, Gibson, Friend; Clayton, De Roon; Ramirez, Adomah; Negredo, Rhodes 

30th July - Away vs. Aston Villa - Won 3-1

Baker 14' // Negredo 60', Fischer 75', Rhodes 78'

---

Team: Valdes; Nsue, Fry, Gibson, Friend; Adomah (Stuani 75), Clayton, De Roon (Forshaw 70), Downing (Reach 75); Fischer (Nugent 75), Negredo (Rhodes 75)

Subs Not Used: Dimi, Barragan, Baptiste, De Pena, De Sart

3rd August - Away vs. Udinese - Drew 0-0

---

Team: Mejias (Guzan 46); Barragan, Baptiste, Jackson (Nsue 66), Friend (Gibson 46); De Sart, Forshaw; Stuani (Adomah 77), Ramirez (Nugent 77), Reach (De Pena 66); Rhodes (Negredo 77)

Subs Not Used: Clayton, Fischer, Downing

6th August - Home vs. Real Sociedad - Drew 0-0

---

Team: Valdes (Dimi 72); Nsue, Barragan, Gibson, Friend; Clayton (Forshaw 46), De Roon; Downing (Stuani 79), Ramirez (Rhodes 79), Ficsher (Adomah 46); Negredo (Nugent 72)

Subs Not Used: Guzan, Mejias, Baptiste, De Pena, Reach, Jackson, De Sart

Won: 4

Draw: 3

Lost: 1

For: 16

Against: 5

Top Scorers

Rhodes (5)

Nugent (2)

Negredo (2)

Fischer (1)

De Sart (1)

Downing (1)

Pattison (1)

Adomah (1)

Reach (1)

OG (1)

Does anyone know what song that small section in the South West Upper were singing about Marten De Roon?

Something like:

He's class

He's neat

He's small

3 cheers for Marten De Roon

Marten De Roon

I couldn't quite make it out (and I'm going off a poor memory), so that could be entirely incorrect lyrics. But it was definitely phased like that.

I think it was....

He's class

He's mint

He's cool

He's f*****g Martin de Roon!!!

Martin de Roon!!!

I think it was that. Can't think of the name of the song the lyrics replaced though.

I think you're right. Was being sang for about 20 minutes non-stop by a small section of fans. :D

Its 'Whole of the Moon' that its based on

That's it! Knew I'd heard that tune before.