oneBoro Forum

Dimi - Yes or No

Dimi - Yes or NO  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Dimi - Yes or NO

• Bring in competition and allow Dimi to fight for his place
    • Dimi isn't good enough for the Premier League and must be replaced.
    • Dimi has earned his chance so stay as we are.

If Dimi wasn't good enough then you've got to question Karanka's ability as a defensive coach, because he deemed Dimi good enough to be our No 1 keeper over the last 2 seasons without looking for another keeper to replace him, thus gambling with our chances of promotion.

The fact we got promotion and had the least number of goals against in the division proves the head coach was correct in his judgement.

Well when he first came in he ousted Steele and brought in Given then desperately tried to sign him again last summer. Inbetween Given & our attempts to sign him, Mejias was made no.1 and only reverted after a sequence of shambolic performances. That doesn't display a great deal of trust in Dimi to me nor a belief he was good enough to be our no 1.

Now if Karanka has repeatedly tried to bring a different keeper in as our no 1 in the championship what does that say of Dimi's prospects in the Premier League?

Shoot me down in flames but since Dimi ousted Meijas he hasn't lost his place because of his excellent form and the head coach and chairman had enough trust in his ability to reward him with a new contract. So if the head coach has no trust in him then you have to wonder why he got the new contract.

Because he made X amount of appearances.

More fitting that it's a 1 year on the basis of reaching that appearance target, opposed to a multi-year deal regardless of appearances.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope CWC doesn't mind but I have made this a poll, along the lines suggested earlier by EstonPidge.

Can...can you change it? There's a spelling error in the first one and that'll bug me all night D:

I hope CWC doesn't mind but I have made this a poll, along the lines suggested earlier by EstonPidge.

Can...can you change it? There's a spelling error in the first one and that'll bug me all night D:

Go on then I'll buy it. What's wrong?

Fight fot his place.

I think you should leave it though :)

Of course the stats lie when you compare them to keepers who actually played in the Premier League. But then we should discount every players contribution to us over the last 2 seasons because none of them were playing in the Premier League when they played with us. That would mean replacing Ayala and Clayton too based on that logic. I suppose we should do that too, right?

That's not even remotely close to the point, stop blowing what I said out of proportion.

I wasn't using the stats to formulate an argument, I was showing that how an argument based on stats (as you've so eloquently yourself pointed out) is by no means infallible, as some people on here seem to think.

If you compare like with like stats are a lot more valid though. If you compare Dimi's stats with other Championship keepers, then I'm sure he'll be right up there, and at least you'd have a point.... rather than no point at all.

Fight fot his place.

My eyesight's getting worse. :( I use a magnifying glass sometimes and I should have used it to check because the error isn't clear without it, even after you've pointed it out..

And bug Brunners, you mean? :cool:

Incidentally... I think the third option should have been that Dimi starts (unless we sign someone like Neuer(!)), and that a newly signed keeper gives him competition for his place.

Option 1 sounded too much [to me] like the new keeper would walk in to the 1st XI, and Dimi would have to fight his way back.

That's why I voted for option 3, but still think we should have stronger goal keeping back up.

And bug Brunners, you mean? :cool:

You said that not me  ;)

Dimi has been fantastic for us, coming in as a third choice at his age then going on to be #1 for 2 years is a great achievement, but lets be honest his performances the last 4/6 months have been getting much worse and some performances have been shocking. his mistakes very nearly cost us promotion. Make a few mistakes like that in the premier league then I have no doubt we will be relegated.

Clubs moving forward and trying to improve, it would be great to see Dimi given a chance in the prem but no place for sentiment, he has been good for us and will be a decent back up next year.

Karanka tried to replace him with Given last year so fully expect him to be replaced this summer

Oops. Sorry I jumped te gun and corrected it.

I'll change it back if you really want me to:D

Incidentally... I think the third option should have been that Dimi starts (unless we sign someone like Neuer(!)), and that a newly signed keeper gives him competition for his place.

Option 1 sounded too much [to me] like the new keeper would walk in to the 1st XI, and Dimi would have to fight his way back.

That's why I voted for option 3, but still think we should have stronger goal keeping back up.

Yes, valid points but I think I'd better not change the options after people have already voted.

Dunnom mate, Depends on whether you want to bug Brunners or not. :D

:(

:(

I think we should have a pole about this.