oneBoro Forum

The Greatest has Died

I was going to put this in the Chattybox but I really think it's deserved its own thread.

3 times world heavyweight boxing champion of the world Muhammad Ali has died at the age of 74.

I was to young to watch him first time around but once I got into boxing quickly realised what a man he was. The term legend. Is used far to much these days. But it applies to Ali in everything he did. Not just in the ring but in his day to day life.

He stood against racism, he stood against war. He even stood against being a political pawn to the detriment of his career. The man called himself the greatest I for one think he was. Today is a dark day for me and 2016 really is becoming a *** year

RIP Champ.

Some of his best quotes.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/16146367

One of my favourites

"I'll punch him so many times, from so many angles. He'll think that he's surrounded!"

25 iconic pictures of the man take time to read the bio of each pic too.

If you haven't read King of the World, it is a remarkable window into the man and the sport, and the whole time period - political and racial views etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/King-World-Muhammad-Rise-American/dp/0330371894

I cannot recommend it highly enough.

The documentary, 'When We Were Kings' is brilliant, too.

RIP Champ.

Sad sad day,Ali not just the greatest boxer of all time, the greatest sportsman of all time, Ali had it all personality charisma the lot, defied science, how could someone that big be so fast and move like a lightweight he was unbelievable..