oneBoro Forum

2016/2017 Football fixtures

If after signing new players its a struggle and we're fighting a relegation battle then its a poor season regardless of how you look at it.

If we spend well and finish 17th on the last day of the season then we've had a cracking season. The premier league isn't the one we left 7 years ago. Staying up isn't going to be easy - it's very possible though.

When the window shuts we will have some idea of how everyone else has improved their squads. Its good we are doing business early.

So a cracking season is fighting a relegation battle after losing the majority of your games, and sat at Anfield last game of the season praying you get a result to stay up while hopefully other teams around you fail, doesn't come over that good to me.

When you consider that it's our first season in the premier league after seven years then yeah I'd be delighted with that.

Hell we weren't the best team in the championship last season. It's highly likely we will lose the majority of our games there's no point sulking about like a naughty boy.

I don't agree with taking a defeatist attitude before a balls been kicked, but if it does pan out as you so, hopefully you'll stay the full 90 minutes and sportingly clap the opposition off the field as we lose yet another match I'm sure the majority of fans will share your optimistic 17th place.

I don't think it's defeatist, it's being realistic. Most of the teams in the league are ahead of us. Saftey in your first season back in the top league is a succsess. Then build on that.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

It does make sense if you read what I said.

The word almost is important in that sentence but as we won't sign Messi and co I think it's fair to expect a struggle.

If after signing new players its a struggle and we're fighting a relegation battle then its a poor season regardless of how you look at it.

If we spend well and finish 17th on the last day of the season then we've had a cracking season. The premier league isn't the one we left 7 years ago. Staying up isn't going to be easy - it's very possible though.

When the window shuts we will have some idea of how everyone else has improved their squads. Its good we are doing business early.

So a cracking season is fighting a relegation battle after losing the majority of your games, and sat at Anfield last game of the season praying you get a result to stay up while hopefully other teams around you fail, doesn't come over that good to me.

When you consider that it's our first season in the premier league after seven years then yeah I'd be delighted with that.

Hell we weren't the best team in the championship last season. It's highly likely we will lose the majority of our games there's no point sulking about like a naughty boy.

Haha, was there a hidden message in there TB?

Haha, was there a hidden message in there TB?

Haha yes I think we've all had the message about Naughty boy by now.

I don't agree with taking a defeatist attitude before a balls been kicked, but if it does pan out as you so, hopefully you'll stay the full 90 minutes and sportingly clap the opposition off the field as we lose yet another match I'm sure the majority of fans will share your optimistic 17th place.

I don't think it's defeatist, it's being realistic. Most of the teams in the league are ahead of us. Saftey in your first season back in the top league is a succsess. Then build on that.

Watford showed that with the right players in your squad what can be done, safety is one thing, biting your finger nails last game of the season hoping you stay up is a poor season.

If in April your fighting a relegation battle then staying up is making the best of a bad season.

OK so I did agree with Rioch, but now I get the feeling he expects European football in our first season back.

17th would certainly be a successful season, offer that to every Boro fan and 99.9% would take it, it guarantees another £100m for next season allowing us to continue to build and progress.

After 7 long hard years away, you learn to appreciate what you had before you lost it, small steps and patience, not over ambitious glory demanding ignorance ala Newcastle fans.

OK so I did agree with Rioch, but now I get the feeling he expects European football in our first season back.

17th would certainly be a successful season, offer that to every Boro fan and 99.9% would take it, it guarantees another £100m for next season allowing us to continue to build and progress.

After 7 long hard years away, you learn to appreciate what you had before you lost it, small steps and patience, not over ambitious glory demanding ignorance ala Newcastle fans.

You need to enlighten me I can't remember mentioning European football, but if not wanting to get stuffed week in week out is glory demanding then guilty as charged.

Glory demanding when you've seen your team go into administration afraid not.

Let's face it, we're hoping to finish ahead of Hull, Burnley and one other this season and I'm sure those two are hoping to finish ahead of us and each other in a similar fashion.

I said get the feeling, who said stuffed?? If we were to finish 17th we'd hardly be winning every week would we?? As previously mentioned we'd lose more than half, that wouldn't make a disappointing season, far from it, even if it did mean a nail biter on the final day, as long as we didn't finish in the bottom 3. :)

I said get the feeling, who said stuffed?? If we were to finish 17th we'd hardly be winning every week would we?? As previously mentioned we'd lose more than half, that wouldn't make a disappointing season, far from it, even if it did mean a nail biter on the final day, as long as we didn't finish in the bottom 3. :)

Yes your quite correct if we finished 17th we couldn't have been winning every week.

Yes your quite correct if we finished 17th we couldn't have been winning every week.

And if we weren't losing every other week we'd probably be looking towards a European place maybe?

**Edit getting stuffed not losing... my bad

And if we weren't losing every other week we'd probably be looking towards a European place maybe?

**Edit getting stuffed not losing... my bad

Or Champions League, you don't need to edit to try and prove your point, its called opinion not what I say goes.

To any newly promoted team survival in the first season is a successful season. Even if it takes an own goal off someone's backside in the 96th minute. You have consolidated your place in the league and then you have a head start on the three newly promoted teams the season after. Anything more than simply survival in the first season is a bonus.