oneBoro Forum

Oh, what fun we had in the Transfers thread.

He didn't goad anyone though to be fair. He gets a lot of grief and he has gotten a lot since he came back for posts that if they'd been by other people wouldn't have gotten any at all in my opinion. His post was silly but that's about it but not every post he makes is silly though. I'd sooner have one silly post from him than all of the people posting about how much they dislike him and his posts so if you really don't like him or what he posts then just block him, it's not like you lose out is it?

Exactly this. More eloquently put than mine earlier. NB isn't the only member on here posting inflammatory posts, he is an idiot some of the time, but his posts aren't worse than some others on here who rarely get called out. Just ignore him or block him, but the personal attacks are just unnecessary.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The mods do a great job. This is the best ran football forum I've ever been on.

But if we or the mods allow people to get away with pointless goading then it will go down hill sharply as it will become a normal activity and more people will join in

Oh now come on!  I can accept a lot of things but not this!  Surely the one thing we can all agree on is that the mods are a motley crew of strange and unstable beings?

Something needs clarifying about Naughty Boy having free reign to do just as he likes.

He was banned for three months in February because of a foul-mouthed outburst following a spat with other members.

He wasn't universally welcomed back with open arms after he returned but it became apparent to some of us that he was, perhaps, being singled out for special treatment, not by the mods but by certain members. It's time for that to stop.

Something needs clarifying about Naughty Boy having free reign to do just as he likes.

He was banned for three months in February because of a foul-mouthed outburst following a spat with other members.

He wasn't universally welcomed back with open arms after he returned but it became apparent to some of us that he was, perhaps, being singled out for special treatment, not by the mods but by certain members. It's time for that to stop.

How do you measure it though?

He didn't goad anyone though to be fair. He gets a lot of grief and he has gotten a lot since he came back for posts that if they'd been by other people wouldn't have gotten any at all in my opinion. His post was silly but that's about it but not every post he makes is silly though. I'd sooner have one silly post from him than all of the people posting about how much they dislike him and his posts so if you really don't like him or what he posts then just block him, it's not like you lose out is it?

Exactly this. More eloquently put than mine earlier. NB isn't the only member on here posting inflammatory posts, he is an idiot some of the time, but his posts aren't worse than some others on here who rarely get called out. Just ignore him or block him, but the personal attacks are just unnecessary.

Except his post in the transfer thread clearly was goading people...

A good question but one that has no satisfactory answer, unfortunately.

The best I can do is to tell you that I, for one, saw that NB was getting mentioned here and there for no apparent reason, i.e. when he wasn't involved in the conversation at all. The comments weren't particularly spiteful but nor were they entirely pleasant. As I posted earlier, there comes a point where mickey-taking becomes bullying. Whether or not we have reached that point is unclear, to say the least, but let's stop it right now in any case.

He didn't goad anyone though to be fair.  He gets a lot of grief and he has gotten a lot since he came back for posts that if they'd been by other people wouldn't have gotten any at all in my opinion.  His post was silly but that's about it but not every post he makes is silly though.  I'd sooner have one silly post from him than all of the people posting about how much they dislike him and his posts so if you really don't like him or what he posts then just block him, it's not like you lose out is it?

Not really or rather it wasn't goading anyone specifically.  I didn't feel goaded by it for example.  I thought it was a bit silly but that's about it.  It's interesting to me that the people who responded to it are the same people who always respond to him.  Maybe there's something in that?

The best I can do is to tell you that I, for one, saw that NB was getting mentioned here and there for no apparent reason, i.e. when he wasn't involved in the conversation at all. The comments weren't particularly spiteful but nor were they entirely pleasant. As I posted earlier, there comes a point where mickey-taking becomes bullying. Whether or not we have reached that point is unclear, to say the least, but let's stop it right now in any case.

I think that's fair. I think it needs to be highlighted both ways though. I haven't and won't direct anything at any individuals. But it needs to be both ways

He didn't goad anyone though to be fair.  He gets a lot of grief and he has gotten a lot since he came back for posts that if they'd been by other people wouldn't have gotten any at all in my opinion.  His post was silly but that's about it but not every post he makes is silly though.  I'd sooner have one silly post from him than all of the people posting about how much they dislike him and his posts so if you really don't like him or what he posts then just block him, it's not like you lose out is it?

Not really or rather it wasn't goading anyone specifically.  I didn't feel goaded by it for example.  I thought it was a bit silly but that's about it.  It's interesting to me that the people who responded to it are the same people who always respond to him.  Maybe there's something in that?

No he was basically goading everyone in the thread. He says stuff like that because he knows it winds people up. 

It's not even the stuff he says that riles me, it's his attitude he's got. All this "we won't" "not interested" "i know what I'm talking about despite the fact I'm talking out my ***" BS. 

I won't stop calling him out on that either.

Now, I'm not a mod (although I think most of us agree that I should be to bring some quality to the team) but I'd noticed and commented on some of what I thought was happening a few days ago.  NB since his return has been getting grief for saying things that other people wouldn't have been given the same treatment for.  In almost every case it's the same people doing it so to me that's not right and he isn't to blame for it.  If he says something daft and gets pelters for it then you can understand that to a certain extent and his post in the transfer thread was a bit daft in my opinion.  But some of his comments recently have been entirely reasonable and he still had people on his case about them so that's wrong.  There's a group of people that obviously don't like him much so they should block him or at least stop posting about the fact they don't like him.

Now, I'm not a mod (although I think most of us agree that I should be to bring some quality to the team) but I'd noticed and commented on some of what I thought was happening a few days ago.  NB since his return has been getting grief for saying things that other people wouldn't have been given the same treatment for.  In almost every case it's the same people doing it so to me that's not right and he isn't to blame for it.  If he says something daft and gets pelters for it then you can understand that to a certain extent and his post in the transfer thread was a bit daft in my opinion.  But some of his comments recently have been entirely reasonable and he still had people on his case about them so that's wrong.  There's a group of people that obviously don't like him much so they should block him or at least stop posting about the fact they don't like him.

Which of his "reasonable" posts got grief? Got any examples?

No he was basically goading everyone in the thread. He says stuff like that because he knows it winds people up. 

It's not even the stuff he says that riles me, it's his attitude he's got. All this "we won't" "not interested" "i know what I'm talking about despite the fact I'm talking out my ***" BS. 

I won't stop calling him out on that either.

Well I was on the thread and I didn't feel goaded by it.  I think you might find a lot of people didn't feel goaded by it and thus didn't feel the need to respond to him like that.  You might have felt goaded by it but then you already dislike the guy so maybe that's part of it? Like I said earlier his post was a bit silly but you just pick the post apart in that case, it's not like it would be difficult to do.  There's no need to have a go at him about it unless you are making it personal.