oneBoro Forum

Oh, what fun we had in the Transfers thread.

One more point - He was banned for 3 months, came back and multiple people have since had more problems with him and yet WE'RE seen as the problem?

Yeah, that doesn't seem right to me. When I've moderated forums in the past I've found punishing the trouble causers works better than giving them immunity.

Because some people don't see a problem with him it's clearly our fault because NB is totally fine, right?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I do pretty much agree with this. Sometimes he does get more grief than others for what he says.

But the comment he made about Falcao is very clearly having a go, making people who are having a genuine conversation about whether or not it is possible sound like idiots. He's added nothing to the discussion and is clearly looking for a reaction. Is that just alright for NB to do? Is that any different to others goading him?

Of course, you can just block him, that's what the function is there for.

Well I didn't feel goaded and I was in the conversation so I disagree but I did also say it was silly and that he should chill out.  I think lately he has posted things because of the comments he is getting from people and you then get a vicious circle I suppose.  I do find it interesting that the same people that always respond to him are the same ones that also feel goaded so maybe that's as much about them as it is about him?  I think if you post a reasonable comment and get grief for it you may feel more inclined to post with an attitude because you know you're going to get it anyway so what the hell?  But I read his post on Falcao and then I made my own post stating why I didn't think it was ridiculous, why can't other people manage that?

Because when they do they get a warning from his protectors.

I do pretty much agree with this. Sometimes he does get more grief than others for what he says.

But the comment he made about Falcao is very clearly having a go, making people who are having a genuine conversation about whether or not it is possible sound like idiots. He's added nothing to the discussion and is clearly looking for a reaction. Is that just alright for NB to do? Is that any different to others goading him?

Well I didn't feel goaded and I was in the conversation so I disagree but I did also say it was silly and that he should chill out.  I think lately he has posted things because of the comments he is getting from people and you then get a vicious circle I suppose.  I do find it interesting that the same people that always respond to him are the same ones that also feel goaded so maybe that's as much about them as it is about him?  I think if you post a reasonable comment and get grief for it you may feel more inclined to post with an attitude because you know you're going to get it anyway so what the hell?  But I read his post on Falcao and then I made my own post stating why I didn't think it was ridiculous, why can't other people manage that?

Because that's just a waste of time, NB is never going to come back to that and have an actual discussion. If he comes back to it at all it'll be another "It's not happening you're stupid" post.

I'd put money on it.

I just struggle to believe it, honestly. His posts recently have all been opinions disguised as "I know better than you, you're all idiots" facts. 

If he put forward opinions as opinions there'd be no issue & that's my biggest problem.

He has a terrible attitude & if you can genuinely sit there and seriously say his attitude is fine then...well. I'm staggered.

I don't care whether you believe it, I'm telling you what I've seen and my opinion on it.  You can either believe me or think I'm lying that's completely up to you bud, I don't mind either way.  I wouldn't say it if I didn't think it was true though.

I didn't say his attitude was fine because I don't care what his attitude is, I'm more interested in what he's saying and sometimes he posts and gets grief for it in a way that others wouldn't.  Everything he posts is his opinion, I don't think he ever claims his posts are factual even if the way he words things sometimes gives the impression that they are. I don't understand why reasonably intelligent people would take them that way when they clearly know he's just giving an opinion.  Once you reach that conclusion it's pretty easy to see his posts for what they are.

But I read his post on Falcao and then I made my own post stating why I didn't think it was ridiculous, why can't other people manage that?

I have done that in the past, read posts about Redmond and Pritchard about a week ago. The problem is he isn't interested in others opinions, if you go back and read the posts about Redmond and Pritchard you'll find that people tried to discuss with him and pointed out very appropriate facts that backed up their arguments. NB came back a while later and said we all have our own opinions don't get your knickers in a twist (paraphrasing slightly), why would people keep on trying to reason with him when he clearly isn't interested in what others have to say? His opinion is clearly fact to him and he very rarely/ever shifts on that. So if he comes on and makes a statement clearly goading people IMO, why should I even bother replying constructively? It's not worth it.

But I read his post on Falcao and then I made my own post stating why I didn't think it was ridiculous, why can't other people manage that?

I have done that in the past, read posts about Redmond and Pritchard about a week ago. The problem is he isn't interested in others opinions, if you go back and read the posts about Redmond and Pritchard you'll find that people tried to discuss with him and pointed out very appropriate facts that backed up their arguments. NB came back a while later and said we all have our own opinions don't get your knickers in a twist (paraphrasing slightly), why would people keep on trying to reason with him when he clearly isn't interested in what others have to say? His opinion is clearly fact to him and he very rarely/ever shifts on that. So if he comes on and makes a statement clearly goading people IMO, why should I even bother replying constructively? It's not worth it.

bingo.

He will be reading this and absolutely loving the attention, he purposely posts complete ***e to be provocative and people bite every time. Cant remember one decent or sensible post that he has ever written. People are banned for alot less than this

I read all of that on the transfer thread and there were people having a pop at him on there - not just disagreeing with what he said.  So what else do you expect him to say?  He gave an opinion and got stick for it.  I've had the same thing myself mate and there were times when I was tempted to respond in the same way, in fact there were a few times when I did unfortunately because I'd had enough.  Some people don't like him and that colours there thinking, that's how I see it.

I read all of that on the transfer thread and there were people having a pop at him on there - not just disagreeing with what he said.  So what else do you expect him to say?  He gave an opinion and got stick for it.  I've had the same thing myself mate and there were times when I was tempted to respond in the same way, in fact there were a few times when I did unfortunately because I'd had enough.  Some people don't like him and that colours there thinking, that's how I see it.

He got stick because he had a go at people for wanting Redmond and he said we'd get relegated if we sign championship players then suggested signing a player who's only ever played in the championship (Pritchard).

Me and NB have had our differences in the past but I would like to think I take each of his posts at face value, and I believe that a lot of them are inflammatory (deliberately or not) and that is always going to get a reaction on here.

For god sake he doesn't give opinions he gives blanket statements as if they're facts. They're not the same thing.

He got stick because he had a go at people for wanting Redmond and he said we'd get relegated if we sign championship players then suggested signing a player who's only ever played in the championship (Pritchard).

Me and NB have had our differences in the past but I would like to think I take each of his posts at face value, and I believe that a lot of them are inflammatory (deliberately or not) and that is always going to get a reaction on here.

He had a go at people?  I read the posts and I didn't see it unless I missed some posts of course.  

I saw him post about Redmond and Pritchard and thought as you did that he was contradicting himself so it's easy enough to just say that as I believe you did.  l suppose it's less of a contradiction if he just doesn't rate Redmond for whatever reason but does rate Pritchard and I think that's pretty much what he believes.  

I saw him post about Norwich being full of Championship players and we already had them so shouldn't be looking to sign any.  If that's his opinion then he's entitled to it and it's not unreasonable but I'd say that was bit too simplistic.  However I haven't been massively impressed with the four or five Norwich players we've been linked to and I'm hoping we are at some point going to add some actual quality to the squad.

If I've missed some abusive or insulting posts by him I'll hold my hands up though.

For god sake he doesn't give opinions he gives blanket statements as if they're facts. They're not the same thing.

You're not an idiot and you know they aren't facts so why does it matter?  However he states them it's clearly just him giving an opinion and you know that and I know that and everyone on here knows that.

Easiest solution here, Will, Dell Zincht and Brunners just block Naughty Boy then we won't have to continually have this argument. The rest of us can just ignore him when he starts spouting crap and not give him the attention.