oneBoro Forum

Announcement

Wonder if the three ever think how many posters are genuinely put off by their little cliquey mutterings

The subject of cliques forming on this forum has been discussed quite a few times, with many choosing to ignore it or getting quite defensive about it.

The facts are that there are always going to be cliques forming on an Internet forum, some people are like minded in their views, and therefore will usually agree/disagree with the same people. Obviously a lot of members have met each other too, at the meetups, and once you put a name to the face, you're more likely to to interact with these people.. Just human nature.

I personally don't think we have a problem, but speaking from experience it can be intimidating for new members trying to get involved in discussion, I know this first hand as I'm a relatively new poster myself. My only gripe with the forum itself, is the rating system. Which I know has been discussed in the past, and dismissed.

We have had the discussion of bullying brought up on this forum in recent weeks, which imo is a little over the top, we're all grown ups here. BUT, when people are getting + 1's for 'putting someone in their place', or 'telling *** how it is', it does breed allegations of bullying.

I don't think anyone in particular is to blame, but do think there should be some thought by the mods put into the rating system.. And in the spirit of today's events, there's only one thing for it... It starts in Ref and ends in Dum ;)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jimmy clearly making a bid for mod there.

(you'll never be one of us)

:D the mods couldn't handle my ability to exercise perfect fairness and equality.

This thread has made me laugh so much.

Whinge whinge whinge :)

Out of order that batmalan. This is the worst atrocity to have befallen the people of Britain in the last few days and I think you should restecp that! ;)

?

Out of order that batmalan. This is the worst atrocity to have befallen the people of Britain in the last few days and I think you should restecp that! ;)

I'm very sorry to have offended you my good sir, in keeping with the current nature of this forum i shall ban myself and save you the trouble of looking at my username and dying a little inside each time from the traumatic memory. I wish you peace and good fortune for the next 3 days xxxxx

R.E.S.T.E.C.P.... Do you even know what that spells??

I'm ba-aaaaaaack!

While I don't agree with the bans for Will and Brunners, I feel that mine was somewhat justified. I've had a week off which has probably done me some good and I'm back ready to contribute to the forum :)

P.S I missed you too, CT and KM :D

I'm ba-aaaaaaack!

While I don't agree with the bans for Will and Brunners, I feel that mine was somewhat justified. I've had a week off which has probably done me some good and I'm back ready to contribute to the forum :)

P.S I missed you too, CT and KM :D

Nice one mate, and welcome back!

Nice to see the mods lying openly when the people banned can't defend themselves.

Thanks to those who saw beyond the mods BS on this issue. Still haven't had any kind of adequate explanation for the week long bans. Let's hope that gets resolved (although I highly doubt it).