oneBoro Forum

Announcement

Addendum: will is 100% not coming back to the forum regardless of anything happening here. You've lost him for good so...Great job everyone involved.

Nice to see the mods lying openly when the people banned can't defend themselves.

Thanks to those who saw beyond the mods BS on this issue. Still haven't had any kind of adequate explanation for the week long bans. Let's hope that gets resolved (although I highly doubt it).

Nice to see Will lieing too. :D

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Addendum: will is 100% not coming back to the forum regardless of anything happening here. You've lost him for good so...Great job everyone involved.

Nice to see the mods lying openly when the people banned can't defend themselves.

Thanks to those who saw beyond the mods BS on this issue. Still haven't had any kind of adequate explanation for the week long bans. Let's hope that gets resolved (although I highly doubt it).

Nice to see Will lieing too. :D

We're currently waiting on responses from the mods regarding the situation, hence why Will is still around atm. They're discussing us in their secret forum.

I wasn't going to post on this subject or any other again as I've decided to go back to lurking and just reading the forum from now on. I didn't want to make a fuss about it because let's face it, who gives a *** whether I post or not. It's just a forum, it's no big deal either way. However the mods are full of crap as far as I'm concerned. Dell may accept his ban and that's up to him but the other two had hardly done anything wrong and no worse than a number of other people get up to. The mods here seem to have a way of operating that allows certain things to go further than they should and then at some point after it's all finished and died down they jump in and cause another problem. It's ridiculous as you allow a problem to continue and then when it's sorted itself out you end up causing another one. I'd say it's using a sledgehammer to crack a nut but it's even dafter than that.

On top of all that, as I understand it the three who were banned weren't the only people facing bans. Other people were discussed including myself despite the fact that I wasn't involved in anything and hadn't broken any of the forum 'rules'. Not that we really have any rules as the mods clearly prefer the ambiguity so that they can do whatever they feel like. I'd be interested in knowing who put my name forward in your discussions and why? As far as I'm concerned it's just mods using personal feelings to do what they like although I'm grateful to whoever spoke up on my behalf.

This forum can be the most bland, dull place on the internet if that's what you're after. Just get rid of anyone with strong opinions and anyone whose opinion tends to be different to the majority and you'll be half way there. Lots of people saying and thinking broadly similar things, everything's great and everything about Boro and this forum is fantastic. If that's what you want and I suspect it's exactly what certain mods want then so be it. But it's not a place I'm interested in being a part of. I like the fact that people are willing to debate things and sometimes that does turn into arguments rather than discussions but so what? As long as it doesn't get personal or out of hand then what does it matter? Real life isn't everyone getting along, agreeing with everything and we're all happy and smiley. It's full of differences and those differences make things interesting. I say all of that because I feel that's exactly why my name was brought up.

Anyway, that's me done. It's been fun for the most part and I've enjoyed debating and discussing things with many of you so thanks for that. As for the mods, individually most of you are sound but collectively it's a different story. Whoever spoke up for me I appreciate it but my name shouldn't have even been in the mix given some of the crap I've had to take in the past when you all sat there and did absolutely nothing about it.

I wasn't going to post on this subject or any other again as I've decided to go back to lurking and just reading the forum from now on.  I didn't want to make a fuss about it because let's face it, who gives a *** whether I post or not.  It's just a forum, it's no big deal either way.  However the mods are full of crap as far as I'm concerned.  Dell may accept his ban and that's up to him but the other two had hardly done anything wrong and no worse than a number of other people get up to.  The mods here seem to have a way of operating that allows certain things to go further than they should and then at some point after it's all finished and died down they jump in and cause another problem.  It's ridiculous as you allow a problem to continue and then when it's sorted itself out you end up causing another one.  I'd say it's using a sledgehammer to crack a nut but it's even dafter than that.

On top of all that, as I understand it the three who were banned weren't the only people facing bans.  Other people were discussed including myself despite the fact that I wasn't involved in anything and hadn't broken any of the forum 'rules'.  Not that we really have any rules as the mods clearly prefer the ambiguity so that they can do whatever they feel like.  I'd be interested in knowing who put my name forward in your discussions and why?  As far as I'm concerned it's just mods using personal feelings to do what they like although I'm grateful to whoever spoke up on my behalf.

This forum can be the most bland, dull place on the internet if that's what you're after.  Just get rid of anyone with strong opinions and anyone whose opinion tends to be different to the majority and you'll be half way there.  Lots of people saying and thinking broadly similar things, everything's great and everything about Boro and this forum is fantastic.  If that's what you want and I suspect it's exactly what certain mods want then so be it.  But it's not a place I'm interested in being a part of.  I like the fact that people are willing to debate things and sometimes that does turn into arguments rather than discussions but so what?  As long as it doesn't get personal or out of hand then what does it matter?  Real life isn't everyone getting along, agreeing with everything and we're all happy and smiley.  It's full of differences and those differences make things interesting.  I say all of that because I feel that's exactly why my name was brought up.

Anyway, that's me done.  It's been fun for the most part and I've enjoyed debating and discussing things with many of you so thanks for that.  As for the mods, individually most of you are sound but collectively it's a different story.  Whoever spoke up for me I appreciate it but my name shouldn't have even been in the mix given some of the crap I've had to take in the past when you all sat there and did absolutely nothing about it.

Despite any differences we've had in the past I think you're one of my favourite posters on here. I'm sorry your name got dragged into this as well, for what it's worth.

I wasn't going to post on this subject or any other again as I've decided to go back to lurking and just reading the forum from now on. I didn't want to make a fuss about it because let's face it, who gives a *** whether I post or not. It's just a forum, it's no big deal either way. However the mods are full of crap as far as I'm concerned. Dell may accept his ban and that's up to him but the other two had hardly done anything wrong and no worse than a number of other people get up to. The mods here seem to have a way of operating that allows certain things to go further than they should and then at some point after it's all finished and died down they jump in and cause another problem. It's ridiculous as you allow a problem to continue and then when it's sorted itself out you end up causing another one. I'd say it's using a sledgehammer to crack a nut but it's even dafter than that.

On top of all that, as I understand it the three who were banned weren't the only people facing bans. Other people were discussed including myself despite the fact that I wasn't involved in anything and hadn't broken any of the forum 'rules'. Not that we really have any rules as the mods clearly prefer the ambiguity so that they can do whatever they feel like. I'd be interested in knowing who put my name forward in your discussions and why? As far as I'm concerned it's just mods using personal feelings to do what they like although I'm grateful to whoever spoke up on my behalf.

This forum can be the most bland, dull place on the internet if that's what you're after. Just get rid of anyone with strong opinions and anyone whose opinion tends to be different to the majority and you'll be half way there. Lots of people saying and thinking broadly similar things, everything's great and everything about Boro and this forum is fantastic. If that's what you want and I suspect it's exactly what certain mods want then so be it. But it's not a place I'm interested in being a part of. I like the fact that people are willing to debate things and sometimes that does turn into arguments rather than discussions but so what? As long as it doesn't get personal or out of hand then what does it matter? Real life isn't everyone getting along, agreeing with everything and we're all happy and smiley. It's full of differences and those differences make things interesting. I say all of that because I feel that's exactly why my name was brought up.

Anyway, that's me done. It's been fun for the most part and I've enjoyed debating and discussing things with many of you so thanks for that. As for the mods, individually most of you are sound but collectively it's a different story. Whoever spoke up for me I appreciate it but my name shouldn't have even been in the mix given some of the crap I've had to take in the past when you all sat there and did absolutely nothing about it.

Whatever they said,

whatever they did,

they didnt mean it.

We just want you back for good

(want you back, want you back for good)

Why on Earth has CT been dragged into this? For sticking up for us (well, Will and Brunners?)

I accepted my ban because it was coming sooner or later, I'd been warned multiple times not to set certain poster's triggers off and yet I continued to do so.

Of course should the posters on here who have triggers be the ones protected in such situations? Well that's a whole other discussion and one I don't wish to get into.

One thing I do agree with though is that certain members of the moderating team currently in place may not be the right people for the job, this whole incident has pretty much proven that.

Personally CT, I really enjoy reading your posts because they are usually the opposite of my views (but are always well articulated) and that challenges me. I relish that in a life partner, I mean random poster on an Internet forum.

Wow, I'm astounded at the over-reaction to the execution of and discussion of bans on a forum. Truly am.

Does this happen to everyone when they get banned or get talked about being banned?

Can I assume I wasn't in the ban-hammer discussion considering I haven't started PMSing?

Cheerio, CT.

Wow, I'm astounded at the over-reaction to the execution of and discussion of bans on a forum. Truly am.

Does this happen to everyone when they get banned or get talked about being banned?

Can I assume I wasn't in the ban-hammer discussion considering I haven't started PMSing?

Cheerio, CT.

How is it over reaction.

Show me the bans were deserved and I'll admit to over reaction, until then, it's a perfectly acceptable reaction.

If i were a mod......  :sleepy:

Cheerio, CT.

Why wouldn't people be annoyed? There's still been no good reason to ban three people (could've been more) for a week.

If you want to stay subservient to the mods on here, that's your prerogative mate, I'll stick to calling things out when I disagree with them or feel they're unfair. Although apparently that gets you a ban on here nowadays.