oneBoro Forum

Relegation Rivals

Yeah but seasons from ten years ago are not really pertinent are they?

watford and muff were not in a relegation battle last season. the season they went up we had a better head to head vs top 7. we've arguably improved much better than they have to. is that more relevant?  ;)

It's definitely more relevant...

i just think, looking back to the past is kind of relevant atm, we have gone up and are signing some good players, dare i say better players than we were expected to sign. similar to the last two promotions. the league has evolved over the years but so have we. we'll be better than burnley and hull + several other teams who have a bad season.

I think we will do better than them too. Karanka can set up a solid team and make us really difficult to beat.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports going round that Steve Bruce has resigned....

He was considering it during last season, wasn't he?

Seen a rumour that he might even be going back to Sunderland...

No surprise that he's leaving Hull, they're in disarray.

Would be very surprised to see him back at Sunderland mind, with Moyes seeming all but signed.

Meanwhile, over at Burnley...

Their bid for Hendricks has apparently gone up to 6.5m and they're looking to include James Tarkowski on loan too, plus another of their players. Tarkowski only joined in January for what, 3m going up to 5.5m?

Plus two of their players await fitness tests on possible hamstring injuries after their latest friendly - one of them Juke, think the other was Ashley Barnes.