oneBoro Forum

kodi downloaded now what?

So, is it more reliable to use Kodi on your laptop as opposed to just finding a stream through usagoals? I'm only thinking Boros games in the Prem, as I wouldn't be using it for anything else. Is the quality better in Kodi? If so, I'll have to install it before tomorrows game.

I've been wondering the same thing - surely Kodi is just another way of these streams being presented? Does anyone know if the quality/reliability is better?

If you have a Sportsmania subscription it is better, as it filters the HD streams through. If you're just using a free Kodi Haddon, it will be equally as hit & miss as looking through USAGoals

How much does that set you back? Are they reliable/worth it?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

So, is it more reliable to use Kodi on your laptop as opposed to just finding a stream through usagoals? I'm only thinking Boros games in the Prem, as I wouldn't be using it for anything else. Is the quality better in Kodi? If so, I'll have to install it before tomorrows game.

I've been wondering the same thing - surely Kodi is just another way of these streams being presented? Does anyone know if the quality/reliability is better?

If you have a Sportsmania subscription it is better, as it filters the HD streams through. If you're just using a free Kodi Haddon, it will be equally as hit & miss as looking through USAGoals

How much does that set you back? Are they reliable/worth it?

£50 per year, £26 for 6 months or £17 for 3 months.

It's good if you have decent internet. Because all the content is HD it's actually possible that the stream quality is too good for your internet to deal with. But the quality of the stream is superb and it's obviously not that expensive if you divide it by the 12 months (assuming you have the year option).

Possibly worth getting it for 3 months and then if your internet copes with it, going from there.

If you have a Sportsmania subscription it is better, as it filters the HD streams through. If you're just using a free Kodi addon, it will be equally as hit & miss as looking through USAGoals

Thanks for that. Not for me then. I get plenty of football through the TV. I was just asking because the new Premier LEague rules stipulate that only 1 live game can be shown at the same time. Last season I could choose which game i wanted to watch. Naturally I was really looking forward to being able to watch every Boro game live in HD on my TV. Now I will again have to find streams on the laptop, in the hope that the game is broadcastet somewhere, although quality should be better than the odd Championship game.

Thats a pretty fair pricing for Sportsmania. I have a 100 Mbit connection so shouldn't really be a problem. Is it possible to use chromecast with Kodi, so I can get the picture onto my TV? Obviously I could just use a HDMi cable, which would probably be better anyways.

Thats a pretty fair pricing for Sportsmania. I have a 100 Mbit connection so shouldn't really be a problem. Is it possible to use chromecast with Kodi, so I can get the picture onto my TV? Obviously I could just use a HDMi cable, which would probably be better anyways.

Yes and no. You can use it for watching 'on demand' stuff, like films or TV shows, but Chromecast doesn't support the compression codec that the live streams use, so it would be no good for watching the football. HDMI will see you right though.

Question for people with sports mania, can it be used on multiple streaming devices. If me and my dad want it to use on two seperate fire sticks will we need two seperate accounts?

Question for people with sports mania, can it be used on multiple streaming devices. If me and my dad want it to use on two seperate fire sticks will we need two seperate accounts?

If you want to watch at the same time, yeah.