Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this is going to be exciting

--------------------Valdes-------------------

Nsue----Barragan------Gibson-----Friend

------------Clayton-----De Roon--------------

Adomah----------Ramirez------------Fischer

--------------------Negrado-------------------

Guzan, Baptiste, Fabio, De Sart, Downing, Rhodes, Stuani

Tough game to start, Stoke looked unplayable at times last season especially at home, seem to remember them having a decent away record too. Worried about playing a RB at CB in a game like this but needs must. Still lacking squad depth and hopefully this will be sorted over the next few weeks.

Going to be a special atmosphere, counting down the days to Saturday

1-0 Negrado

It's here and we've only gone and got us a toughy straight of the bat.

Cons....

Stoke are a seasoned premier league outfit with a seasoned premier league manager. Transformed completely from Tony Pulis effective but god awful brand of football to a sometimes dazzling new brand.

Pros...

The first 5 games of the season are somewhat of a unknown quantity. Teams are still trying to click, some may not have all their players in do some shock results do come. Hopefully that could work in our favour. It's going to be tight and cagey but if they feel the pressure to get a result as we are the newbies it's not unthinkable that we could catch them on the break.

1-0 Boro...

If results go our way we could go top of the league :P

I have a feeling, that Fischer will do well. Rhodes will start, I guess...

Valdez

Nsue, Baptiste, Gibson, Friend

Adomah, De roon, Clayton, Fischer

Ramirez

Rhodes

Subs: Downing, Baragan, Fry, de Sart, Guzan, Negredo and Stuani

2-1 Boro

Hello Premier League... WE'RE BAAAAAACK

maxresdefault.jpg

It'll be difficult (as will all the games this season of course), but lets hope we can work our magic and scar the potters...

My head is going for 1-1 with rhodes scoring (we always seem to start the season with a draw)

My heart is going for 2-0 with rhodes and gaston scoring.

Can't wait now :)

we always draw the first game. it'll be 1-1 or 0-0.

might be different if the atmosphere is like brighton though. but i very much doubt stoke would freeze like they did. the good players love that sort of thing. if they do get a bit of a shock then we might do them over. stoke were more than capable of getting beat 3/4-0 on occasion last season as much are they were winning like that. they are about as middling as they come. not as good as the best teams but better than the scrappers.

its a bit of a role reversal from when the come up a few years ago and played us early doors at home. my memory from that game was they were dirty, cheating, fouling muther ***ers. we won and were the better side on the day but they proved to be the better side after 38 games. they had something we lacked (fight).

we have plenty of that now, hopefully it will be us giving them the culture shock this time.