• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't quite believe it, but I'm actually missing this match. My wife-to-be's sister is having her 21st birthday BBQ, at 3pm. And just to add to it, she's having it at my house.

Their family are Mackems, they know exactly what they have done.

It's not exactly a funeral is it? Plus they will be still there after the game is finished.

Didn't have you down as the pussy whipped type Jimbob

I have considered the views of this forum, and subsequently ended it with my significant other. Wasn't meant to be.

I am now moving in on Gibbo's wife/daughter, need a true Boro lass. :shy:

I certainly do reckon you will be hard to break down, especially as it's the first games of the season. A positive result always settles the nerves a bit.

We need to be creating more chances this season, and we need someone who can score them. We've obviously been linked with Berahino since January, but as other Stokies will suggest Diouf needs to be playing in strike at least till he hopefully signs.

I see your lot surviving this season. I think Hull will go straight back, as will Burnley. I don't think their squads are simply good enough. I also think Swansea might be in the s**t a bit, losing Ayew and Williams is massive blow for them.

And please do smash the mackems, I conna stand that club!

I certainly do reckon you will be hard to break down, especially as it's the first games of the season. A positive result always settles the nerves a bit.

We need to be creating more chances this season, and we need someone who can score them. We've obviously been linked with Berahino since January, but as other Stokies will suggest Diouf needs to be playing in strike at least till he hopefully signs.

I see your lot surviving this season. I think Hull will go straight back, as will Burnley. I don't think their squads are simply good enough. I also think Swansea might be in the s**t a bit, losing Ayew and Williams is massive blow for them.

And please do smash the mackems, I conna stand that club!

Id be quite confident of getting a clean sheet with out first choice back 4 buf without ayala i think we need at least one goal for a point

Ben Gibson to be sent off and Stoke awarded a penalty as Kev Friend has another shocker. 0-3 and a rude awakening

I think you're right that we'll discover just how tough the PL is, but I reckon we'll manage to escape with a 2-0 defeat.

Don't be so sure on that mate.

We ended last season in appalling fashion. And we started it bad too. If the end of season form continues, you won't find the game as tough as you might think.

But then I think of players like Bojan, Arnie, Imbula etc... who should have the quality to create opportunities and get us off to a flyer.

I think it'll be an interesting match up

We ended last season in appalling fashion. And we started it bad too. If the end of season form continues, you won't find the game as tough as you might think.

But then I think of players like Bojan, Arnie, Imbula etc... who should have the quality to create opportunities and get us off to a flyer.

Maybe we can take Stoke by surprise, and capitalise on how slowly we go at it on the break. If the Stoke defence are used to fast breaking teams like [most top PL clubs], then they might just have fallen asleep by the time we've moved the ball sideways 60 times in advancing 60 yards forwards!!

Alright! Another Stokie here.

Wanna start off by saying I think Boro will do well this season, especially with a manager of Karanka's ilk and players like Negredo and Fischer.

You can expect a starting line-up of Butland; Johnson, Shawcross, Wollschied, Pieters; Allen, Imbula; Shaqiri, Bojan, Arnautovic; Diouf from Stoke. If not Allen then it'll be Whelan.

I think we're gonna be in for an entertaining game. Always love having a newly promoted team at the start of the season as you don't know what to expect from either team.

Going 2-2.

Bojan and Diouf.

Good luck for the rest of the season, apart from on Saturday where I hope you get battered!

yep it will be interesting. stoke are a typical middling prem club now. if we struggle to keep possession, struggle to create and struggle to hold you off us then its going to be a slog.

if we lose i'll accept it as long as its a close game in terms of possession and chances. as i think its the usual thing in the prem. majority of game are 50-50 55-45. if we hold our own or are better then we will be capable of troubling most of the league at home. thats the key to survive, compete and stay in the game. law of averages over the season say we'll get enough points.

i'm not to worried about away form. we will be easy meat in lots of teams eyes. i think we'll get ourseles a few points on the road before teams start to respect us more.

Stoke are notoriously slow starters so we'll have to see if that trend continues too.

Not sure if you mean in games, or in the season.

If you meant in games, I have a feeling we will start slow too, although I hope we come out all guns blazing!

For some reason the closer this game gets, the less optimistic I am. Maybe it's just prematch nerves kicking in.

Stoke are notoriously slow starters so we'll have to see if that trend continues too.

Not sure if you mean in games, or in the season.

If you meant in games, I have a feeling we will start slow too, although I hope we come out all guns blazing!

For some reason the closer this game gets, the less optimistic I am. Maybe it's just prematch nerves kicking in.

I mean season wise, they don't tend to usually start very well I don't think.

I think we'll play pretty well in the game. We'll have the novelty factor of the PL, which seemed to work wonders against Man City, Liverpool and Man United. As long as the players see it as a 'big' game, I think they'll play well.

We tended to play poorly when we were expected to win in the last 2 seasons. This won't be the case much anymore, so hopefully there'll be no complacency.

So it's back and we're back it seems really weird going up against Stoke and feeling that their the seasoned PL team and we're the new boys just shows how much has changed in the last 7 years, Stoke generally start slow but under Mark Hughes their brand of football has been better and I liked watching them last season it's a tough one but we have to show that we haven't just came to make the numbers up.

A packed and bouncing Riverside should make forms good place to play and I'm excited for it, A little look on their forum and surprisingly a lot of their fans are giving us a lot of respect albeit most going with their slow start and our first season syndrome but most of them seem to be expecting a tight and tough game which is what I think it will be but as long as we give a good showing of our selves and have the Mackems thinking twice about the week after then I'll be happy with that!!

Come on Boro!!