oneBoro Forum

Decent point and deserved.  A lot of adrenaline out there hence the first half but not enough quality really hence the second half when that adrenaline wore off.  Unfortunately that adrenaline boost isn't going to be there most of the time so we really need to improve the team as we should have been doing over the summer instead of wasting our time bringing in players that will only play in the event of injuries.

Which players would they be?

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent point and deserved.  A lot of adrenaline out there hence the first half but not enough quality really hence the second half when that adrenaline wore off.  Unfortunately that adrenaline boost isn't going to be there most of the time so we really need to improve the team as we should have been doing over the summer instead of wasting our time bringing in players that will only play in the event of injuries.

Which players would they be?

Well Guzan, Espinosa, Fabio, Fischer to start with.  I assume Barragan will end up first choice right back if Nsue continues to look like a weak link but then maybe he won't so that will be another back up player essentially.  I think Fischer will get into the team by default because Downing and/or Adomah will end up losing their spot but I'm not convinced by anything I've seen from him so far.  Doesn't work especially hard and Karanka won't accept that and to my mind looked a bit of a one trick pony.  If he can't cut inside and get in and around the penalty area there is nothing else there with him and no kind of threat.  You can add to that the central defenders we've been linked with that don't appear to be better than we already have (Subotic excepted).

Second from last on MOTD tonight, oh boy is it good to be back. :)

Where did you find that out? It's a joke it's not as if there were many high scoring exciting games and yet for some reason we always were on last.

Our game wasn't exciting either.  We created next to nothing and so did they.  How many highlights could you actually get from the game today?  Our goal, their goal, Ramirez hitting the post, Downing's header, Adomah not putting a good ball in, a couple of set pieces, a dodgy back pass and a shot hitting the corner flag.

I have to ask do AK not like using his subs? As I thought we were awful in the 2nd half and thought we needed fresh legs on! downing was our left back today and friend was our left winger as George was up there more often than downing was! Was gutted that we drew this game but a point is better than nothing and we are above the dirty mackem ???

my take on the match, i think we need to learn how the refs and players operate in this league. it'll take a few games to get the flow of it. afterwards we'll learn and adapt and start getting better performances (less mistakes)

clayton needlessly giving that free kick away for shak's goal. we are not in the chumpionship now. every team has a guy who's going to smash one in from that area. Do not give the opposition such a free chance or you'll get punished.

adomah and downing not good enough today, albert has all the skills required but time and time again he picks the wrong pass etc. in this league we'll not have many opportunities to waste better quality needed.

downing not doing it still, i'm starting to think hes past it now. their fullbacks were shocking, we should have been destroying them out wide. we need more from LW/RW or we'll really struggle to score.

our defence was sound even without ayala. the big austrian gave nsue a bit of a hard time but we'll get that. some great wingers in this league. they scored from their only shot on target. lucky?

ramirez and negredo are plenty good enough. infact gaston was better than their 10 bojan. negredo was better than diouf to.

imbula was to strong in the middle, i think we looked a bit lightweight compared to him.

gutted de roon went off injured, we'd have fared better in the middle if he was on all game.

we couldnt control the middle and our wingers never did enough. other than that we were okay. overall a good performance from us. we've made a step up in quality and we fared quite well but we must do better and take our opportunities.

stoke were let down by poor fullbacks and poor service to diouf. to think the 3 behind him couldnt create much. credit to our team shape. teams will struggle to beat us at home.

Just back and firstly how good it was to meet up with a few of the guys before the game and good to meet Lee29.

Great atmosphere and overall very pleased to be at the game even though it felt like a loss at final whistle.

Not read any other posts but clearly we need both wings to sharpen up a lot, AA showed glimpses that he can do it but sadly we need him to do it on a consistent basis and sadly I do not think he can, the woeful pass attempt when we had 3 against one was simply awful and he does that time and time again.

SD he needs to show up more and to dictate the game as most attacking threat was from the right wing.

Said I would take a draw before the game so ok with final result but boy good to be back in the PL.

Weird having to wait for 4 weeks before our next home game

Well after all that waiting and build up it is finally here!

I thought we were the better team in the first half the first five minutes we gave them to much respect and space but after we settled and started getting into them we were better. Shame Ramirez hit the post because that would of made it very difficult for Stoke, you could see the qaulity they had but they didn't really create much. Imbula was a menace but as the game went on I felt we coped better in midfield.

Their was obviously some nerves during that game and mistakes were made by some of our players but it's our first game and people didn't really expect us to be world beaters until at least week 5 did they?

In fairness to us Stoke looked abit shell shocked first half and second half they wernt amazing and we still had the better chances but this is were we need to learn they had one shot on target and scored we also need to learn the refs are different as has been mentioned and the way that players will go down and get free kicks for everything it's not the championship we can't go flying on to everything.

Impressed with most players. Didn't think Valdes could do much from the angle I was sat so not gonna condemn him just yet, Adomahs cross was the reason for the goal so that's that. Downing was my most disappointing player and I will be very surprised if he is starting games after the international break. Ramirez fantastic and Negredo too really enjoyed watching them two.

Defensively we were pretty good few obvious mistakes but expected from a newly promoted team. N'sue got a bit of a run around and might struggle this season some good wingers he's gonna come up against.

Was a pretty enjoyable game to watch especially after they scored really opened up.

Big well done to the fans aswell thought the atmosphere was brill and got behind the team roll on next week

I could not give a **** how Newcastle or Sunderland are doing, why people comment on there scores is beyond me.

Rhodes should have been brought on, not Nugent. Obviously that's my opinion.

Ramirez is going to be excellent for us.

Downing is pants, and I speak as someone who loved him the first time he was with us.

I still think Dimi should have been given a chance and only dropped when he made a mistake. On that subject, VV could have done better for the goal, but acted as an excellent sweeper-keeper for that ludicrous back pass

Little disappointed with Karanka's use of subs today. He might have had his hand forced by having to bring Forshaw on so early, but I thought Negredo and Ramirez were both running on empty long before Nugent eventually came on. Other than that, I pretty much agree with most other people's take on it - Ramirez the standout player, Adomah not quite good enough (on today's evidence only).

Would have loved for Stewy to have scored that header :(

Match of the day may show different but I'm sure Stewy played a lovely pass for Adomah just to tap in to pretty much a open goal of which he fluffed. I can't be the only one that saw this in the last 15 mins of the game??

Brilliant start. Valdes managed to pick out Negredo every single time and the way Negredo uses his body to hold off defenders is amazing. He has a fantastic touch and instinct.

Adomah can undoubtedly be a good Premier League player (1st half performance), however at the minute he doesn't have Premier League fitness (2nd half performance). His legs went in the 2nd half and when they went his tackling and tracking back and attacking all suffered.unfortunately that led to him causing Nsue problems because so many times he had to try stop 2 players going past him whilst waiting for Adomah to get back or clayton/forshaw to get across.

Barragan did brilliant (bar the short pass back to Valdes) as did gibson they worked really well with each other covering and winning majority of headers.

Ramirez was involved in everything. Class. His work rate going forward and getting back was immense.

Clayton is clayton. Brilliant.

The only reason we didnt get 3pts today was Kevin (not your) Friend. Terrible.