• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Stewart Downing created more chances than any Stoke player yesterday.

Was also the only player not to score with an attempt on target. ?

I thought he did ok and linked well with friend. Plus I had to laugh when someone shouted 'Oi Stewie your not playing ***ing netball your allowed to move with the ball'

Afternoon chaps. 

Thought I'd add my thoughts on yesterdays game. 

First of all, theres no doubt you should have won. The first half was and will be the easiest for you in the premier league this season. 

We came into it a bit in the second half but didn't create anything. Thankfully a moment of magic from Shaq rescued a point. 

I said in my opening post that Pieters will give you some joy. Boy was I correct. He got skinned all day from your wingers along with Bardsley to a lesser extent. I was worried every time you ran at him, very shaky indeed. 

I thought Imbula was comfortably the best player on the pitch, he's awesome. Young, rarely gets tackled and (mostly) has good distribution. If only our forwards would give him some options every now and then. 

Gaston Ramirez was brilliant I thought and we really struggled to keep him at bay. Negredo finished brilliantly and I think he's a great signing for you, I'd definitely have him at Stoke instead of the useless Diouf. 

Great atmosphere from the lads in your end to our left behind the goal, although you need to get rid of that drummer, there's nothing more small time. 

Horrendous. 

All in all I'm delighted with the point after such an appalling performance from our lads. We need some stability at the back and to pick a better option in the final third going forward. 

You'll be absolutely fine relegation wise if you keep up that intensity and good atmosphere at home. (Despite that god awful drum). 

Good luck for the rest of the season. 

Cheers.

Aww, we like the drummer!

(Careful, the Red Faction will hunt you down...)

a 32 turning 33 year old 

This made me laugh! He's 33 in 11 months!

True, meant it as a point of the longer term thinking of having him in that particular position.

I'll put a challenge out there for someone to find a 32 year old or older winger playing in a top league as a teams starting winger. I have no issue shifting Downing central like Giggs did that doesn't mean number 10 I can see him as a central midfielder we bring on to calm a game down and keep the ball that's the stage he's at.

Downing puts in good crosses from a standing position with a good technical base because he WAS a great winger. He's not the best we can do out there he does a job and on the day probably had more influence than Adomah who is not even half the player Stewie was in his prime and if 7 years on our strongest wingers are a much older Downing and a guy in Adomah who isn't half the player the other guy was 7 years ago I don't see how that isn't our biggest flaw?

Can you let us know which leagues you class as top leagues?

Let's go off UEFA coefficients so there's Spain, Germany, Italy and England.

He's the oldest winger in the Prem that I'm sure of the next one down would be Routledge at Swansea who's 31 I think not sure on whether he starts for them lately.

I'm looking for a winger who still starts for their team in a wide position at 32 or older just to put out the specifics, happy hunting.

Can you let us know which leagues you class as top leagues?

Let's go off UEFA coefficients so there's Spain, Germany, Italy and England.

He's the oldest winger in the Prem that I'm sure of the next one down would be Routledge at Swansea who's 31 I think not sure on whether he starts for them lately.

I'm looking for a winger who still starts for their team in a wide position at 32 or older just to put out the specifics, happy hunting.

Arjen Robben