oneBoro Forum

Yeah I read De Roon's comments, and concerned me somewhat. Not tracking back and doing his defensive requirements will quickly see him not in AK's first team plans.

I fully expect Downing on the left, with Ramirez in the middle (if fit), until Fischer is up to scratch.

They'll have known that bringing him in though. He's coming from arguably the best team in an attacking league, where he played on the wing. He's not been used to defending at all, never mind the way Aitor demands. But I seem to remember when we signed him that a lot of the talk was about him learning a lot, adapting. He's still very young, and still a project. Got to hope he can round off his game over the next couple of months and then he can be a real asset. As it is, he's a good option for a super-sub if we need to throw caution to the wind chasing a game.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all attacking players can be good at defending which may be the case with Fischer.

That's true, however Karanka doesn't play wingers that can't/won't defend.

Yeah I read De Roon's comments, and concerned me somewhat. Not tracking back and doing his defensive requirements will quickly see him not in AK's first team plans.

I fully expect Downing on the left, with Ramirez in the middle (if fit), until Fischer is up to scratch.

They'll have known that bringing him in though. He's coming from arguably the best team in an attacking league, where he played on the wing. He's not been used to defending at all, never mind the way Aitor demands. But I seem to remember when we signed him that a lot of the talk was about him learning a lot, adapting. He's still very young, and still a project. Got to hope he can round off his game over the next couple of months and then he can be a real asset. As it is, he's a good option for a super-sub if we need to throw caution to the wind chasing a game.

I agree with that. No doubt it's a case of bringing him through over the next few months but for me he's not ready to start if he doesn't know how to defend.

Think it will be a while before Fischer starts. Those problems are exactly why he hasn't played much for Denmark. He simply lacks discipline and defensive work rate. But that is something he can work on if he is willing to knuckle down, and he has to be because if he fails here he won't have many options. De Roons comments about him having been used to playing for a team that always had the ball makes a lot of sense. He hasn't really been used to a lot of defensive work, but that is much easier to rectify than a lack of pace, technique etc.

So excited for Saturday, what a memorable day it promises to be both on the pitch and in the stands. The day we've all been waiting for after a 7 year exile, SEVEN YEARS! It feels good to be back where we belong doesn't it?

Team: Valdes, Nsue, Barragan, Gibson, Friend, Clayton, De Roon, Adomah, Ramirez, Downing, Negredo

Heart says 2-0 Boro

Head says 1-1

Come on Boro!

I can't quite believe it, but I'm actually missing this match. My wife-to-be's sister is having her 21st birthday BBQ, at 3pm. And just to add to it, she's having it at my house.

Their family are Mackems, they know exactly what they have done.

I can't quite believe it, but I'm actually missing this match. My wife-to-be's sister is having her 21st birthday BBQ, at 3pm. And just to add to it, she's having it at my house.

That sounds like a very missable event...

That sounds like a very missable event...

Don't see what the problem is? Kick off is 1.30 and you live local plus you already have a ticket?

Individually I understand what the words are on this post.

But as a collective it makes no sense :s

I thought we're all being optimistic with our draw or win for Boro predictions, but actually I've just looked and the bookies have us as favourites to win the game on Saturday. Not that that's reliable particularly, but I thought it interesting nonetheless.