oneBoro Forum

The oneBoro Player Ratings/MOTM Thread 2016/17

Welcome to the oneBoro player ratings/MOTM thread for the Premier Leage season 2016/17.

As some of you will remember, I only started this off half way through last season after definitely not nicking the idea fron the Fulham forum.... it will be good to get a full seasons worth of ratings data this season and give us an official oneBoro player of the season!

Hopefully we can get a few more responses this season with most if not all of our games being easy to watch.

A little reminder:

After each Boro game I'll be posting a link to a ratings page for you to give a score/10 for each of the players. A couple of days after the game, I'll post the results of the poll so we can see who the official oneBoro MOTM was!

Please try and rate each player on their own merits and based on the game in question.

Also, please try and keep any discussions regarding player performances and the game itself in the relevant match day threads.

Game 1. Middlesbrough v Stoke City 13-Aug-2016: Survey --------- Results --------- Press Comparison

Game 2. Sunderland v Middlesbrough 21-Aug-2016: Survey ------  Results -------- Press Comparison

Game 3. West Brom v Middlesbrough 28-Aug-2016: Survey ------- Results ---------- Press Comparison

Game 4. Middlesbrough v Crystal Palace 10-Sep-2016: Survey

Special 7 game review: Review

***nal v Boro https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/JT9PCKY

Man City v Boro 05-Nov-2016: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/TR5QT5G

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it might be an idea not to include players who come on after the 85th minute. Although most people will give Nugent a N/A today, some might not realise and just give him a low score, which he doesn't really merit, as he didn't have time to make an impact.

It's just if you're pooling scores at the end of the season, some players' scores will be affected by this.

I think it might be an idea not to include players who come on after the 85th minute. Although most people will give Nugent a N/A today, some might not realise and just give him a low score, which he doesn't really merit, as he didn't have time to make an impact.

It's just if you're pooling scores at the end of the season, some players' scores will be affected by this.

I had wondered about that, but then what if a player comes on after that time and scores a match winning goal?!

I can always just do the ruling out at the end of the season of I need to

I had wondered about that, but then what if a player comes on after that time and scores a match winning goal?!

I can always just do the ruling out at the end of the season of I need to

But surely that's just as bad? If Nugent came on and scored with his only touch you'd have to give him a 10, because it's a perfect performance. Which would also distort the totals.

I've completed the survey.

I'm sure it goes without saying that the sooner the survey link gets published, the bigger the response we can expect. Also, it might be beneficial to use the Announcement facility to advertise the link. It gets plenty of prominence and you can set a time limit on it, too.

I'll close this link tonight, so last chance anyone wanting to get their scores in

I've completed the survey.

I'm sure it goes without saying that the sooner the survey link gets published, the bigger the response we can expect. Also, it might be beneficial to use the Announcement facility to advertise the link. It gets plenty of prominence and you can set a time limit on it, too.

Yeah. I left my phone charger on holiday so was trying to be frugal with my battery. I would normally put the link up when I got to my car.

It's hardly worthy of an announcement, it's not that important. We've just got rid of a load of useless stickies and now you want to reclog the board up.  :rolleyes:

We get it, you don't like this thread. Just don't read it mate.

It's hardly worthy of an announcement, it's not that important. We've just got rid of a load of useless stickies and now you want to reclog the board up.  :rolleyes:

If only they made you a moderator, you could fight back against this 'amateurism'. :rolleyes:

The moderators should let the forum breath. We don't need all these commands and I find it quite ridiculous that members are not allowed to talk about the next match because the designated thread is not up yet.

The moderators should let the forum breath. We don't need all these commands and I find it quite ridiculous that members are not allowed to talk about the next match because the designated thread is not up yet.

How is having a temporary announcement not 'allowing the forum to breathe'?

And people aren't being stopped from talking about the next match. There's a very common structure to match threads that has been established throughout my time on here and nobody has ever had a problem with it before. This has allowed some creativity with the opening post, which people will glance over if the thread starts before that has been established.

If you want to discuss the next match, do it post-match in the previous match thread. Nobody has got any problem with that. It happened all of last year. So I literally can't understand your problem right now.

And people aren't being stopped from talking about the next match. There's a very common structure to match threads that has been established throughout my time on here and nobody has ever had a problem with it before. This has allowed some creativity with the opening post, which people will glance over if the thread starts before that has been established.

If you want to discuss the next match, do it post-match in the previous match thread. Nobody has got any problem with that. It happened all of last year. So I literally can't understand your problem right now.

You sound like a moderator yourself.  :rolleyes:

I agree Trapper.... He does talk a lot of sense;)

Would you like a packet of crisps with that pint of bitter, mate? Jesus wept.

Didn't realise speaking as someone who actually appreciates the way this forum is run makes me sound like a moderator. It's not us and them, as much as you seem to think.