oneBoro Forum

The oneBoro Player Ratings/MOTM Thread 2016/17

Adomah had the chance to wrap the game up to make the score 2-0 and was largely to blame for the goal we conceded, well unless for some strange reason Karanka told him not to jump. He played really well up until then, but they're 2 major errors so they will understandably influence peoples views of his performance.

The problem with Nsue is that he made same basic positional errors which very nearly cost us a goal. If Stoke scored from the one in the first half then the vast majority would want him dropped for Sunday. Many don't seem to notice how much of a weakness his positioning is though. He got away with it in the Championship as there aren't as many players who can slip a pass through, but it will be exploited far more in the Premier League. He's still a good player but he needs improve that side of his game.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Adomah was poor defensively? He was always helping Nsue out. First half he was regularly infront of the North Stand helping his RB out.

First half he was fine, second half he left Nsue so exposed. He should have been taken off on 60 minutes, he doesnt have the fitness to complete a full 90 minutes in my opinion.

Giving him such a low rating is harsh though, was very strong going forward especially in the first half, unfortunately the defensive side of his game will always let him down and for this reason I think we will be looking to replace him sooner rather than later. Dont know why Reach wasnt on the bench though, he would have been an ideal replacement for the last 20/30 minutes

Not covering the full back against these sort of teams will cost us so many goals

The reason I think he's blowing out his rear is because he's our main outlet to get up the pitch quickly. If we had someone on the left with the same pace/acceleration attributes, i'm sure he'd manage much better.

His defensive work is vastly underrated. He's always helping his full back and regularly nicks the ball away from people.

"was largely to blame for the goal we conceded"

Is Clayton invincible to reproach again this season then? The blame for that goal should lie squarely at his feet if we're looking for scapegoats. A completely ridiculous free kick to give away at football league level, let alone the Premier League.

I agree with your second paragraph P_Mards. Nsue positionally was very poor.

Is Clayton invincible to reproach again this season then? The blame for that goal should lie squarely at his feet if we're looking for scapegoats. A completely ridiculous free kick to give away at football league level, let alone the Premier League.

Is that top bit in the wrong thread? I can't find the thing you're quoting on this thread, it'd be good if there was a nice easy function you could use to quote something for you...

The reason I think he's blowing out his rear is because he's our main outlet to get up the pitch quickly. If we had someone on the left with the same pace/acceleration attributes, i'm sure he'd manage much better.

His defensive work is vastly underrated.  He's always helping his full back and regularly nicks the ball away from people.

Completely agree with this, which is why I've personally kept saying I know Adomah can do better than what he showed on Saturday. If anything, that makes it all the more frustrating.

Firstly, I agree regarding Clayton. He was at fault for the goal conceded for fouling Shaqiri in the first place. I thought other than that, Clayton generally had a good game though. Most the fouls given against him seemed unwarranted, there didn't appear to be much in them.

Regarding Nsue though, whilst I agree he was positionally quite poor anyway, I stand by what I said regarding Adomah really not helping him there. I remember one occasion quite vividly, Nsue looked in front of him, had Pieters and Arnautovic both attacking down the side and had no idea which one to go to. He was damned if he went for the one with the ball and damned if he didn't. I can't blame him for that. In a Karanka side, someone else had to help him out there and that man should have been Adomah.

I agree re; Adomah. Last season there were two sides to Adomah, some games especially at the start of the season he seemed lazy, and then the second half of last season where he was unreal, a constant threat and constant bundle of energy.

It's frustrating that we can't get more consistency out him.

Adomah had the chance to wrap the game up to make the score 2-0 and was largely to blame for the goal we conceded, well unless for some strange reason Karanka told him not to jump. He played really well up until then, but they're 2 major errors so they will understandably influence peoples views of his performance.

The problem with Nsue is that he made same basic positional errors which very nearly cost us a goal. If Stoke scored from the one in the first half then the vast majority would want him dropped for Sunday. Many don't seem to notice how much of a weakness his positioning is though. He got away with it in the Championship as there aren't as many players who can slip a pass through, but it will be exploited far more in the Premier League. He's still a good player but he needs improve that side of his game.

Is that top bit in the wrong thread? I can't find the thing you're quoting on this thread, it'd be good if there was a nice easy function you could use to quote something for you...

Congratulations on adding absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Congratulations on adding absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Ironic.

His defensive work is vastly underrated. He's always helping his full back and regularly nicks the ball away from people.

Yeah Adomah made the most successful tackles out of anyone in our team on Saturday. Two more than the second most.

I thought it may be interesting to see what the national press gave in terms of player ratings and see what level of concensus there was between us and them

Screenshot_2016-08-17-18-40-02-1_zps3452os8v.png

As we can see by the % deviations column, we generally agree with the media on the majority of player's scores with the deviation mostly being less than ±5%.

It would appear however that we are treating Adomah and Downing a tad harshly, with our scores being 17% and 9.5% lower than the media average respectively.

It would also appear we are giving Ramirez a slightly better score than the rest the them with ours being 8% higher

Interesting stats, thanks for that!

I'm not being harsh on Adomah though, I know he can do better, they don't have a clue! ;)

No surprise that Downing is also seemingly harshly done by, though. Same old story!

His defensive work is vastly underrated.  He's always helping his full back and regularly nicks the ball away from people.

Watch the last 30 minutes of the game, he was doing anything but helping his full back

If you had asked me to predict which players would be the outliers on a oneBoro vs Press rating comparison, I would have been spot on with oneBoro undervaluing Adomah and Downing and overrating Ramirez and Forshaw. Anyone who reads the Boro Forum regularly couldn't fail to notice how certain players can do no wrong while others have no right to don a Boro shirt.

Part of Adomah's problem is that we bought him from Bristol City and so there is absolutely no way that he will ever be good enough for the Premier League. Downing's problem is exactly the opposite in that most fans had unrealistically high expectations of him so he was doomed to fail right from the start,

Forshaw is so highly rated primarily because he tends to get a game when the bete noir of many oneBoro members, Grant Leadbitter, isn't available. He's bound to be good since GL is so bad, or so goes the reasoning.

The press have got it wrong with Ramirez. He's actually as good as we reckon. :)